View Single Post
(#9)
Old

Car: 2007 335i FBO stock turbos
Default 05-05-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW335
Ok... swapped out cylinder 6 index 1 injector for an index 10 and input new injector values with INPA. Also installed new NGK plugs (one step colder than stock) and all is well for now.
ManiN54... question for you.... in your opinion what's the best way to correct the lean condition due to ctls **'s? The old plugs are showing a lean condition (tan in color/no oil) and I've yet to find a definitive answer on how to correct the o2 sensor readings. No mil light but when I read codes with jb4 it always comes back with a "ctls ** detected" code.
Tan in color does not determine a lean condition, if it is tan in color and otherwise clean - no carbon buildup, it is normal. As for the codes you are getting; you will not avoid that if you are ********* unless you have the proper backend flash. Note that these setting are designed for off-road/track only vehicles.

As Dave requested; post up some logs and you can be further guided in the right direction.
Food for thought; always go for index 11 or 12 when buying new injectors. Also make sure your plugs are gapped correctly. 0.022” in your case.

1/4mile 11.8@117.96 19psi
07 E92 335i (the Alpträum) | Alpine wht/ Seibon carbon hood/ trunk| M parallel wheels| street tires
FBO| modified oem airbox lid w/K&N drop-in| stock turbos/ stock inlets| Walbro 465lph LPFP| Jb4/mhd backend flash| Map 6 w/E60 No Meth| Built and tuned by me.