View Single Post
(#6)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 n55 xDrive 6MT
Default 09-17-2018, 09:17 AM

The coilovers are on now and, damn, what a difference! The car is planted and precise. No body roll and lots of grip. It is definitely stiffer but not to the point of being harsh. The damping feels pretty good for the spring rate but more time will tell for sure.

I was afraid that I would have a serious oversteer issue now that I've gone stiffer in the rear on the springs and the sway bar but only springs on the front (softer too...8k front, 10k rear) but it actually rotates quite crisply without oversteer in it's current state. Mind you, I don't have a ton of hard driving on them yet but the car feels really nimble. The stiffer front in combination with the AWD makes the car really dig in and turn when entering corners under power now and the braking is significantly better. I'm pretty happy right now. Well worth the $$$.

FYI, there was a very slight clearance issue between the spanner locking collar on the lower shock body and the front tires. If they were any closer, I would have to add a wheel spacer. As it is, it just barely kissed the inside of the tire and shaved off a very small amount of rubber. Crisis averted.

Now on to replacing the rear links/bushings, then alignment, then new tires.

Side note: every person that I've taken for a ride since the new changes has been astonished at how good the car handles. :-)

2011 E92 N55 xDrive 6MT
Pure Stg 2 | DV+ | Pure inlet | MHD/JB4
Stage 2 lpfp | BMS Intake | Shifteck 4-inch "expansion chamber" | MXP catback
VRSF 7" FMIC | ECS 2-piece rotors
255/40-18 square | 8.5x18 ET35
Fortune Auto MSC-1 coilovers 8k/10k

Last edited by fryj00; 09-17-2018 at 09:39 AM..