View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe
Default No steering controls, "engine malfunction" - 08-23-2020, 10:29 PM

Have JB4 and BMS PI controller. Car's been pretty carefree for several months since removing the MAP connection. (Before that got "engine malfunction" hiccups like ten times, could be a coincidence, or not.)

About four times in the last month the car has sputtered and/or died and/or displayed malfunctions. I've gotten codes for post *** oxygen too low and 2C58 boost pressure control deactivation. I don't know if they're related to the obvious symptoms.

The weirdest thing is at least twice the JB4 wheel controls stopped working temporarily. Today they didn't work after I got "engine malfunction" without sputtering or dying. After a couple minutes, with the engine temp about 170, I got the double flash and gauge sweep, and the controls started working.

I found some talk of similar issues like this: Longtime user...new JB4 Connection Issues! - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Could a bad chip cause intermittent wheel control loss and the other problems? Or something else? Thanks.