View Single Post
(#34)
Old

Car: kia stinger
Default 03-26-2018, 02:47 PM

Hello everybody, I received my JB4 Friday night for the Stinger and installed it Saturday morning to test it out (default map). All I got to say is WOW this car is a whole different animal, throttle response is a lot better and it just pulls when you floor it, it just feels like its in race mode. Shifts are smooth and other mode work as they should but when you put it in sport mode(Beast mode) hold on! So I spent most of the day just testing it out on PCH, Topanga canyon, Mulholland, long freeway runs and the highest that I pushed it was 140mph( in Mexico ) before I let off, smooth shifting and no problems unfortunately I did not data log, my laptop was at my parents house.
Now comes Sunday, I go to the high desert to get my laptop from my parents house so I can data log the tune and test other tune on the jb4. After I left my parents house with the laptop(not charged) I took a quick run down route 66 to do some wot pulls and that's when I experienced a quick engine check light(turned off right away) and misfire ( I assume) I did another pull and same thing but no check engine light this time, it would do this every time I WOT. I took it off and everything worked fine no problem, drove back to LA. I will put it back on once im ready to log with my laptop(fully charged).