View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i DCT
Default Methanol bottoming out down Fuel Trims 1 & 2 - 04-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Evening everyone.
So I am looking to find out a few things.

I've gotten a new CP with Tial BOV.
My initial CP had the Meth bung located at the Throttle Body/TMAP location.
The new one has the Bung located further to the front of the car.

Before I moved the meth location. The meth was spraying fine. But would not effect my IAT. And would give me occasional Misfires on Cyl4 & 6.
Also. While my Trims1 value was adequate. My Trims2 value would crash and bottom out.
80:20 meth:water mix
(Log attached named tmap meth location)

After fitting the new CP with the new Meth location. My IAT dropped dramatically which is brilliant. But now both Trims values took a nose dive. And I get pushed to Map4 for Last Safety 5 Fuel Trim Varience.
Also my boost drops more than without meth. And drops well below target.
Close to 100% meth
Log attached gear 3 map 3

I've decided not to use the meth for the time being and have switched to Map2. And have noticed the Fuel trims are alot better and more stable.
Also. My boost does not drop off as fast and as much as when using the Meth. It seems to be more stable with Target.
Log attached. Gear3 map2

Am I correct in assuming that the Trims and Trims2 values taking a dump with meth are what's causing the boost to drop faster?
Abd why would my Trims be nose diving with meth only.?

My LPFP and HPFP values looks more than good in all the logs. So I'm a bit stumped here.

Thanks for looking guys.
Your insight will be great.

On a side note.
I'm fitting TD04L-16T turbos this week along with 2" inlets and kityless D0wnp1p3s.
Will be using map2 to start off with and setting JB4 to the hybrid settings as soon as the car is up and running. But the meth is worrying me and I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks again.