View Single Post
(#1066)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-27-2018, 02:48 PM

It would be awesome if it could be enabled BEFORE the engine is started. The only way I've found to do that is to explicitly "open it" each time BEFORE you start the engine. If it's already set to "open", you need to "close" it, "re-open" it, then start the engine.

If it's always set to "open" (and there is no explicit intervention before starting), it takes between 15-30 seconds of the engine running before it physically opens.

I don't know if it's a hardware/power/communication limitation that cannot be worked around, but it would be much nicer if it worked right away without having to spend an extra bit of time and listening for the valve prior to starting the engine.

I'm assuming this is how all B58's are, but maybe it's just those that have MPPSK. Also with MPPSK, "closing" the valve while driving does not return it back to stock operation. It literally keeps it closed at all times and never opens, even at WOT.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...