View Single Post
(#1063)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsears
Hi Terry,

Couple questions and slight back story. I have a '16 340i 8AT with nothing but BMC drop-in filters and I've ran two separate Piggyback tunes. One was a popular branded JB+ equivalent which worked great but it's fixed additive boost values took away some of the linear B58 feel and also hindered shift speeds. I then switched to one of the very popular JB4 equivalents which had amazing power but significantly hindered shift speeds at redline and under power. I also received multiple drivetrain malfunctions during 1-2nd gear pulls which has almost left me stranded in an intersection. With that said I'm looking at a JB4 and hoping some features along with CANBUS has this mostly figured out. So my questions are:

- What Map would be appropriate for PNW 92 octane gas, I assume Map 2?
- Is this boost curved tailored for the RPM signal or is it a fixed 4psi across the whole rev range?
- Does the JB4 suffer from significantly slower shift speeds at redline and under power with the 8AT torque intervention? I've seen this mentioned on just about every piggyback.
- Have you seen any drivetrain malfunctions on the latest Firmware?
- I'm looking for an OEM like linear powerband, just a bit more oomph and drivability to what a JB+ offers.

Hi Terry, I was hoping you would be able to answer the above questions. Still looking at going the JB4 route but hoping you can shine some light on the shift speed concerns? I still see some people mention this one?
Sorry, missed your post. The short answer is with the JB4 you'll have a log more tuning and diagnostic flexibility. But I don't know if it will solve whatever issue you had with the other piggyback system. It depends why you were having an issue. Easy to install and evaluate though. Map2 is a good starting point.

In terms of fault codes if you get one there is something wrong that needs to be fixed. First step in fixing it is to read the code and then use that to determine what triggered it. If everything is working normally, there will be no fault codes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.