View Single Post
(#11)
Old

Car: 08' 335i
Default 07-23-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
I think they mean well and have some great knowledge, really actually seems like a very nice guy... but unfortunately do not have the balancing equipment to truly do a perfect job every time.

Also we had a set of their stage 1's come back as cores earlier this year and we found some things with their machine work that literally scrapped the compressor housings, so unfortunately had to eat that one but won't take them again. Now they are still sitting here and can only be used for modeling at this point.

Rob
Thanks for commenting, and since you're the competition, I'd have to take what you say with a grain of salt.

My goal is really to find out if there is an economical way have better than stock turbo's and hopefully eliminate the inherent weakness the OEM possess. So far, from what's I've seen, refurbishing and upgrading OEM turbo's cost the same if not more than a reputable 3rd party upgrade.

Considering these cars cost 7k(335 with N54) or so, it's almost 1/3rd or more the price of the car. Likely I'm in over my head. In some cases, Turbo labs is a fraction of the price of their competition. It's interesting to know they are not able to balance the turbo's properly, I'll have to look into this more.

Thank you.