View Single Post
(#14)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 09-30-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Yes i was interested in peoples general opinion with Jb4 and the B58 platform, perhaps im the only one that wants to know what to expect before buying this?
Or is that why there seems to be reviews or basicly every product available to purchase?

I'm not interested in power benefits with the *****, i want the added sound and a car that performs as before. So if adding a Jb4 would make the car run jerky, i would not be interested in it...

Had no idea that asking for opinions and peoples experience would be considered such a strange question
I've been reading these boards for a bit now and haven't seen the issues you're referring to in any except when:
1) Users try to jump to higher maps without octane/fuel to support it.
2) Users don't have default settings prior to using the unit.
3) Users try to tune their car without posting logs for help and don't listen when help is provided.
4) Users don't allow FF to fully learn.
5) OBD cable issues.
6) User install issues and/or connector issues.
7) Rare few have had an issue with older boards. BMS provided free replacements in each instance I've read about.

After all that, what you tend to see are user issues. If you want a slap it on and go box... get JB+. You still have to let DME learn a bit, but user error side is removed if installed properly. If you want the most you can get, you'll need to tune.

That's what JB4 offers. It just happens to give you a few starting maps to build off of and from there you need to tune it in for more. This forum/BMS offer some of the best support I've ever seen for FREE! I've been building cars and tuning for years with Split Second, AEM, Emanage, Holley, Fast, etc. None of them offer map/log reviews and support for free.

It seems more like you came on the site with a negative agenda and nothing was going to change that. In the end, intentional or not, that's how it's coming off. It's your money and choice. My advice would be not to discredit the JB4 until you've actually tried it. Instead, ask your questions... get your answers... say thanks and move on. Complaining about something you haven't even tried, goes back to childish notions that benefit no one.