View Single Post
(#20)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Duck
I DD my car, so technically this is a DD trans. the only thing I change is the rear wheels. back to 19's with 265 semi slicks for DD duties. This is a true 9 second daily driven street car.

But, don't worry, there's only 10,000 people out there trying, and they're only .7 of a second off! It'll happen eventually.
It's a big accomplishment, no doubt. It's great to see a 9 sec N54. We've all been waiting to see it for a long time now. I'm just surprise that you DD it. As chadillac2000 stated, in for more info on DD use. And as you stated, .7 off so pretty unlikely to get to 9's with our trans at this point. Thinking the happy medium is something like a 4L80E unless you can convince people a powerglide is the way to go for DD. Don't know enough about them to say either way other than they have always been primarily used for race applications.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS