View Single Post
(#280)
Old

Car: M5501
Default 07-19-2021, 01:10 AM

BMW finally got around to upgrading my software to 07/2021.20 from 03/2021.40. I noticed immediately how firm the car's stance feels while driving and how smooth the car drove and shifted gears. Testing is with no JB4 as I had to take that off for a visit. But the car feels so much easier to control, and the power on stock felt beefy compared to the previous software. Dare I say it felt like a different car??? Anyhow, this is just my first impression after driving it a few hundred miles on no tune and just a software upgrade.

Fast forward to today, 19 Jul 21. I drove the car a good bit before work on the way to grab some coffee as I wanted to test the car's balance with a new rear sway bar. I want to say this investment is well worth it. It took 1 hour to install, using a lift and making sure my 4-year-old didn't run into the street.

Altogether, it was four bolts and two nuts. The bar itself was tricky to remove once unbolted. The driver-side control arm needed raised an inch to slide the bar out.

I hope this is informative.

Zach

2021 M550i
Bernina Grey Amber Effect
GPower High Flow Air Filters
GPower Axel Back High Flow Sport Silencer
HardRace rear sway bar and Dinan lowering springs
JB4 - Stage 1 1/2 tune map 6

Retired:
2009 335xi
Completely Moded out
Beat corvettes - they were pissed