View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Car: 2010 E60/535i AT FBO+WMI
Default Custom, in-engine-bay WMI complete. Video. - 04-08-2017, 11:39 AM

YouTube video, 1.5 minutes, brief overview. Shot with my iPad, sun was on screen so I couldn't tell what I was shooting, but it came out okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8Sm040yLc&sns=em

Got it done. 90% BMS, with some additional parts from Devil's Own and elsewhere. The people over at Devil's are awesome! And of course you can't beat the kind of ongoing support we receive DAILY from Terry and the BMS folks. I'm sure you don't hear it enough...THANK YOU!

This project was challenging, but very satisfying. Everyone told me NO which always makes me say BET ME, lol.

I did, however, take all the input I received from my other post (http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45053) and apply it to the build.
- I "weatherproofed" the pump by applying a very thin layer of silicone sealant between the mating surfaces (a great recommendation from Ernesto at Devil's Own www.alcohol-injection.com)
- I used a motor boot to cover 80% of the motor and sealed where the wires exit the boot (Devil's Own)
- I added a deflector shield to keep direct exposure from the elements away from the motor (.060 Kydex)

All wiring is soldered and loomed, except for the connections to the pump and solenoid which are connected using bullet connectors (solenoid at end of wires), and TAP-IT connectors (for pump).

Tank holds 1/2 gallon, which may be a little small for some of you but will prob be fine for me. VERY easy to inspect and fill. Rock solid mounting.

Now I just have to upload the RACE backend flash and I think I'll be good to go!
(I'll be using map 3, and I changed my JB4 settings to additive 40 and scaling to 60...I think that's all that's needed).

Questions or comments...I can take it...don't hesitate.

// Radar //

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT/6-spd xHP Stage3, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6/BEF) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup (link) , VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve

Last edited by RadarContact; 04-08-2017 at 11:45 AM..