JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

George @ BMS 02-23-2022 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dariustdog (Post )
Just finished installing my JB4 in my '21 S4. Hadn't seen anyone else post a mounting solution I liked, so I thought I would post mine. Works great for me. Initially, I located the position on the underside of the access flap that would allow the unit and wiring to clear all the obstructions by using adhesive hook-and-loop tape on the flap and the JB4 and holding the unit roughly in place while lowering the flap until the velcro grabbed, then stuck it pretty good against the velcro and marked the two places I wanted the screws to go. I used rubber washer just because I had them and it would be water-proof. I used doubled nuts and lock-washers on the underside to avoid loosening with vibration.

On right hand drive cars we are pushing them even further across. Seems to be a very dry spot as well.

https://i.postimg.cc/Kc1kD7kK/121339...41098171-n.jpg

iain_b78 03-05-2022 10:17 AM

I’m installing a Group7 JB4 in my 2021 B9.5 SQ5 and only use 93 octane and Map 3.

So I don’t have to actually connect either the fuel pressure sensor or the BCM modules? It’s just the TMAP and MAP sensors? E85 is rare out here so I have no plans to do any fuel mixing.

George @ BMS 03-05-2022 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain_b78 (Post )
Iím installing a Group7 JB4 in my 2021 B9.5 SQ5 and only use 93 octane and Map 3.

So I donít have to actually connect either the fuel pressure sensor or the BCM modules? Itís just the TMAP and MAP sensors? E85 is rare out here so I have no plans to do any fuel mixing.

Yes, both connections are optional for map 3.

iain_b78 03-05-2022 04:11 PM

Thanks George! Iím making my way through this thread, about 35 more pages to go. :popcorn

iain_b78 03-11-2022 08:20 AM

I had to replace the connector for the fuel pressure sensor (and promptly dropped the new connector down into the bowels of the engine bay and can't get to it at the moment...) but I have it otherwise connected and I'm up and running on Map3.

Holy ****. This thing is properly quick now.

Just like the JB1 on my Golf R, this is how it should be from the factory.

I have a RocEuro intake to install. Will the JB4 automatically take advantage of the extra air once that's installed or will I need to make some adjustments?

ean1879 04-26-2022 06:04 AM

I have a vehicle inspection coming up. If I simply unplug the JB4 from the OBD, and leave everything else connected, will it revert to factory status?

And, will everything run as normal?

Thanks!

George @ BMS 04-26-2022 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ean1879 (Post )
I have a vehicle inspection coming up. If I simply unplug the JB4 from the OBD, and leave everything else connected, will it revert to factory status?

And, will everything run as normal?

Thanks!

Yes. If you have the fuel plug and BCM connected its not recommended to be driven without OBD so you can just unplug outside the test place.

FAST KID HAULER 05-22-2022 01:54 PM

TOOK THE LEAP HAVE SOME QUESTIONS!

I ordered this for my SQ5 in January and finally installed it last week after being on summer tires for a few.

Iíve gone though many threads, but would like some input on a few things:

1. I have the metal JB4 enclosure with the Bluetooth dongle that screws into the base inside the case. I followed the video recommended instructions to install this including tip tying the Bluetooth dongle to the outside of the metal enclosure. I looked at some other videos online and on recommendation of a random guy, put the entire unit in a ziploc bag. It looks like that was a bad move as it actually trapped some water and temporarily screwed up the bluetooth (seems ok now after it dried out).

What do people do here to make sure this works well over time?

2. I read here over and over again, ďsend George logsĒ to get the OK go to a higher map or a custom map if I want to push it more just on 93 (probably what makes the most sense for me).

What am I supposed to be logging here? Should I set the app to a certain throttle response to active logs, or should I just be driving hard for a while with ďstart logging enabledĒ.

3. I donít want to go nuts with modifications as my 2021 sq5 is still under warranty. That being said, if I get a few things, would an intercooler and intake be good first steps to both increase horsepower and help with engine longevity?

Thanks all, I notice the power increase and am hungry (within reason) for more.

DAD

iain_b78 05-22-2022 03:54 PM

I have mine, with the Bluetooth module, in a ziplok bag stashed under the rain tray, near where you run the OBD connector through. I have the bag zipped as closed as possible with it all zip-tied to a metal bracket in there. It’s been there for a few months now and no issues with water collecting in the bag.

George @ BMS 05-23-2022 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAST KID HAULER (Post )
I ordered this for my SQ5 in January and finally installed it last week after being on summer tires for a few.

Iíve gone though many threads, but would like some input on a few things:

1. I have the metal JB4 enclosure with the Bluetooth dongle that screws into the base inside the case. I followed the video recommended instructions to install this including tip tying the Bluetooth dongle to the outside of the metal enclosure. I looked at some other videos online and on recommendation of a random guy, put the entire unit in a ziploc bag. It looks like that was a bad move as it actually trapped some water and temporarily screwed up the bluetooth (seems ok now after it dried out).

What do people do here to make sure this works well over time?

2. I read here over and over again, ďsend George logsĒ to get the OK go to a higher map or a custom map if I want to push it more just on 93 (probably what makes the most sense for me).

What am I supposed to be logging here? Should I set the app to a certain throttle response to active logs, or should I just be driving hard for a while with ďstart logging enabledĒ.

3. I donít want to go nuts with modifications as my 2021 sq5 is still under warranty. That being said, if I get a few things, would an intercooler and intake be good first steps to both increase horsepower and help with engine longevity?

Thanks all, I notice the power increase and am hungry (within reason) for more.

DAD

On this model and 93 map 3 is the recommended map. With logs in cooler weather most cars can run map 4 as well. We need to see logs of this though to make sure all is good. When logging the JB4 logs and the app is already set to where it should be in terms of throttle % etc

Intercooler is the most beneficial mod on this model. Not sure how the dealer will handle it though in terms of warranty.

FAST KID HAULER 05-24-2022 05:24 PM

Thanks for all the info.

One more thing, do you have a Bluetooth module? I’ve done a bunch of testing over the past few days. It’s very intermittent with its ability to connect. I think (but am not 100% certain) that it has something to do with me not manually disconnecting on the app prior to leaving the car.

Is there any option to have it do that, or is there something else I should be looking into?

George @ BMS 05-24-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks for all the info.

One more thing, do you have a Bluetooth module? Iíve done a bunch of testing over the past few days. Itís very intermittent with its ability to connect. I think (but am not 100% certain) that it has something to do with me not manually disconnecting on the app prior to leaving the car.

Is there any option to have it do that, or is there something else I should be looking into?

Disconnecting or not manually will not effect the range of the bluetooth module. Some phone covers make connection worse. Also try point the actual device towards the inside of the cabin.

FAST KID HAULER 05-24-2022 05:53 PM

Right. I’ve been testing it under a ton of circumstances. When it freezes continuously at awaiting handshake i’ve opened the hood and placed my phone directly next to the module. It still ends up doing it.

Does the unit not always drop the connection or something, say for instance if I leave the car for a bit and come back?

What would be the next troubleshooting steps? The MMI/Audicar play have been on every time and it’s worked with it on. It’s also NOT worked with those off.

George @ BMS 05-25-2022 04:02 AM

Quote:

Right. Iíve been testing it under a ton of circumstances. When it freezes continuously at awaiting handshake iíve opened the hood and placed my phone directly next to the module. It still ends up doing it.

Does the unit not always drop the connection or something, say for instance if I leave the car for a bit and come back?

What would be the next troubleshooting steps? The MMI/Audicar play have been on every time and itís worked with it on. Itís also NOT worked with those off.

Next step will be to contact support@jb4connectkit.com and they can assist.