JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

timmieh2 01-23-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
No worries on other models we include release date. Maybe @terry can add them here going forward.

Thank you George!

Is there anything you need from the SQ5 platform i can help with once i get it installed?

George @ BMS 01-23-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
Thank you George!

Is there anything you need from the SQ5 platform i can help with once i get it installed?

We pretty much covered. If you keen take some pics of the OBD routing. Guys have been using different options so will be good to see what works for most.

timmieh2 01-23-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

We pretty much covered. If you keen take some pics of the OBD routing. Guys have been using different options so will be good to see what works for most.

Ok will do

Terry @ BMS 01-23-2019 07:08 PM

BCM install guide for those helping test it:

B9S4 01-23-2019 08:39 PM

Thanks Terry! Do you know when the new firmware version will be released to support the bcm?

George @ BMS 01-24-2019 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B9S4 (Post )
Thanks Terry! Do you know when the new firmware version will be released to support the bcm?

By the time the units are wired up we should have the firmware for it as well.

timmieh2 01-24-2019 05:53 AM

What will the BCM help the jb4 do?

George @ BMS 01-24-2019 07:29 AM

Quick run down on what the BCM is and when its needed. The BCM is a abbreviation for Boost Control Module. Currently the unit is targeting boost by showing the ECU a lower value than actual and the ECU uses waist gate adaption called WGDC to add more boost. At a certain point the ECU realizes the WGDC is higher than it should be and doesnt add more boost.
With the BCM we have direct WGDC control which allows for higher boost targeting. Typically guys running on the higher maps and hybrid turbos will benefit with this.

timmieh2 01-24-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Quick run down on what the BCM is and when its needed. The BCM is a abbreviation for Boost Control Module. Currently the unit is targeting boost by showing the ECU a lower value than actual and the ECU uses waist gate adaption called WGDC to add more boost. At a certain point the ECU realizes the WGDC is higher than it should be and doesnt add more boost.
With the BCM we have direct WGDC control which allows for higher boost targeting. Typically guys running on the higher maps and hybrid turbos will benefit with this.

So its safe to say that if you are not looking to upgrade your turbo or integrate a methanol injection set up the Jb4 set up alone alone will produce reliable power just fine? I plan to Mix Ethanol at times

Thanks for all your fast responses

George @ BMS 01-24-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
So its safe to say that if you are not looking to upgrade your turbo or integrate a methanol injection set up the Jb4 set up alone alone will produce reliable power just fine? I plan to Mix Ethanol at times

Thanks for all your fast responses

We will be doing stock car testing in the next week and will post up information on actual performance benefits and then users can decide accordingly. From the logs I am seeing the cars on ethanol will benefit as we will be able to go over map 5 levels with the BCM.

timmieh2 01-24-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

We will be doing stock car testing in the next week and will post up information on actual performance benefits and then users can decide accordingly. From the logs I am seeing the cars on ethanol will benefit as we will be able to go over map 5 levels with the BCM.

Amazing! Thank you

Terry @ BMS 01-24-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

I'm working on it now! The test subjects are the BMS owned S4, Eurocode's hybrid turbo S4, and a local customer with a Pure turbo S4. So we'll have all the bases covered. :)

Terry @ BMS 01-25-2019 10:21 AM

I made a change that may help with the occasional 233F faults when letting off the gas. If anyone has triggered it email me for the new firmware to test.

nicotino15 01-25-2019 08:02 PM

Definitely interested if this helps the map 5 E30 guys, would this just enable more boost tho? If so, would like to know how much, seems like it's anywhere from 20 to 25psi on map5 now depending on temps.

Terry @ BMS 01-25-2019 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicotino15 (Post )
Definitely interested if this helps the map 5 E30 guys, would this just enable more boost tho? If so, would like to know how much, seems like it's anywhere from 20 to 25psi on map5 now depending on temps.

Here is an E30 log from tonight, BCM. Using the same map5 boost target.

It shaved around 0.1ths off the 1/4 mile time with most of that gain coming in lower gears from getting to boost target faster. Our car is still all stock so I think the next mod we need to get going on is our long-overdue BMS intercooler. With a lower IAT I think the BCM on map5 would shine through a lot more.

nicotino15 01-26-2019 09:34 AM

Gotcha, but that looks like a soft-launch, so does that yield better response from a dead-stop without launch? That would be nice too...

With a launch the profile does still look slightly better than my launch profile.

nicotino15 01-26-2019 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres mine

George @ BMS 01-26-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

heres mine

Boost is substantially lower but I can recall your IAT is always freezing.

Terry @ BMS 01-26-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Gotcha, but that looks like a soft-launch, so does that yield better response from a dead-stop without launch? That would be nice too...

With a launch the profile does still look slightly better than my launch profile.

Didn't put too much effort in to the launch on the log. Net/net if you're running map5 and in to drag racing it's probably going to be worthwhile to add the BCM on. :)

nicotino15 01-26-2019 11:05 AM

yep, I think that's in like 45* ambient, and my intercooler holds that temp through the entire run, it's pretty nice actually. In summers it gets to 100-110, and I was seeing 150+ by the end of a run, so hoping it will stay closer to ambient going forward.

steel234 01-26-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
I made a change that may help with the occasional 233F faults when letting off the gas. If anyone has triggered it email me for the new firmware to test.

Hi,

how I can email you for a new FW? :) PN is not possible ;)

I triggered 233F some times...

THX.

Terry @ BMS 01-27-2019 10:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Added the new JB4 v4 firmware to the first post along with a revised map guide and notes. We've also added the new boost control module (BCM) to our website for those on good fuel who want to play around.

Took a test run on the new map5 today with the BCM enabled and was pleased with the results. 70f temps, 30% E85, all factory stock B9 S4. :)

In the JB4 log the new parameter you see there "WGDC" represents an offset to the turbocharger wastegate which allows the JB4 to directly manipulate boost targeting now for improved turbo response and higher boost targets, especially useful for those on high end fuel like E85 mixtures or race gas.

Attachment 83064
Attachment 83063
Attachment 83065

B9S4 01-27-2019 10:33 AM

Am I able to run my wmi setup on map 6 or is it only available on map 7? Also any change required to the settings for using the BCM?

Terry @ BMS 01-27-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Am I able to run my wmi setup on map 6 or is it only available on map 7? Also any change required to the settings for using the BCM?

There are BCM specific settings we'll add to the first post shortly. You can run WMI on whatever map you'd like, but map7 is the progressive safety map that we suggest using. You can use map7 to dial in any boost profile you'd like. For those running WMI for now we'll work with you on a per log basis to best evaluate how to setup your tuning.

B9S4 01-27-2019 10:45 AM

Sounds good thanks Terry!