N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Oxygen sensors for SINGLE TURBO... ADV or NTK?? (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58114)

drdiabetes 05-21-2019 09:56 AM

Oxygen sensors for SINGLE TURBO... ADV or NTK??

Hello, I am single turbo 6466 doc race kit. As it is known, oem o2 sensors get cooked in the pre turbo atmosphere.
I have been reserching in forums and someones go into ADV ( by motiv) and others go into NTK.

Adv are sold out , 450usd pair and need some special config

NTK are like 330usd pair, and I think no special config.

Also some people use oem bosch sensor + separator

What is your experience single turbos boys??

Can someone clarify this ???

Thank you

gingerbreadman 05-21-2019 04:03 PM

Docrace 6266 here with the ADVs and tuned by Motiv. No issues whatsoever and had them on for about 2yrs now.

steve30 05-21-2019 06:03 PM

I'm running the doc race kit as well. I went with the ADV's initially and it worked for a short period and then kept having issues. I tried to resolve it with Chris but nothing worked. I'm now using the NTK's and everything is working properly. It's really hit or miss with the ADV's. Some guys don't seem to have issues, where others cant resolve it and NTK's end up resolving it.

drdiabetes 05-21-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve30 (Post )
I'm running the doc race kit as well. I went with the ADV's initially and it worked for a short period and then kept having issues. I tried to resolve it with Chris but nothing worked. I'm now using the NTK's and everything is working properly. It's really hit or miss with the ADV's. Some guys don't seem to have issues, where others cant resolve it and NTK's end up resolving it.

Do ntks need some calibration as adv do??? Or they are just as installing oem sensor??

gingerbreadman 05-22-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdiabetes (Post )
Do ntks need some calibration as adv do??? Or they are just as installing oem sensor??

IIRC they are just pnp...no calibration needed.

steve30 05-23-2019 06:04 AM

yes the NTK's are just plug and play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdiabetes (Post )

Payam @ BMS 05-23-2019 11:19 AM

I use the Bosch ones. Rock auto for $80.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 05-24-2019 12:53 AM

Used ADV for a bit- Initially had issues- got them sorted with motiv

Used NTK with my hybrid pure setup (plug & play btw)- had issues with a few sets

drdiabetes 06-28-2019 02:38 PM

Update

I installed a pair of NTKs and one get roasted in 200miles.

Now, I will try a "spacer" that moves away the O2 sensor some inches with oem bosch o2 sensor

chadillac2000 06-29-2019 07:56 AM

Been running NTKs with no issues for 40,000 miles now with zero problems. Started single turbo life with a set of ADVs that gave me problems from the first start up until I replaced them. Motiv sent multiple tunes, but nothing corrected the problem. Swapped a set of NTKs in and everything worked perfectly and still is. Having to tear back into the car to swap o2 sensors after going through all the work of a single turbo swap was frustrating to say the least.

SPANKY 06-29-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadillac2000 (Post )
Been running NTKs with no issues for 40,000 miles now with zero problems. Started single turbo life with a set of ADVs that gave me problems from the first start up until I replaced them. Motiv sent multiple tunes, but nothing corrected the problem. Swapped a set of NTKs in and everything worked perfectly and still is. Having to tear back into the car to swap o2 sensors after going through all the work of a single turbo swap was frustrating to say the least.

what i dont understand is the adv02 are rated for high temps compared to ntk and yet the adv02 dont work properly.

drdiabetes 06-30-2019 04:50 AM

Ntks also supposed to be for pre turbo atmosphere and mine failed after 200miles.
I don't know why they fail , I have seen ntk or bosch in big turbo subarus , audis etc where the exhaust manifold gets incandescent red and they don't fail.

I suppose that there is something else killing o2 sensors. May be external temperature?? By the way, I always kill the same sensor ( bank1). Bank2 never fail and it is also in a "unhealthy " atmosphere.

Martin335ST 09-20-2019 06:27 PM

NTK sensors

Can you point me to a part number? Which specific NTKs are you running? I'm looking to get proper O2 sensors for my single turbo setup, Doc Race 6266.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadillac2000 (Post )