JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

George @ BMS 01-06-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel234 (Post )
Maybe.. And today was very rainy. I ll try it tomorrow on same place as 98RON run.
Are there ignition retards in the log?

Intresting is lower boost in E85 Mix Run as in 98 RON run. Here ist the log (sorry very long, timestamp: 2050.50 - over 21 psi and 2534.50 -19.7 psi.

Thx.

PS: sh... too big for Forum.

Here --> Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The car feels smoth, runs good.

Very slight adaption in the one gear but it clears up and doesn't affect overall timing.

George @ BMS 01-06-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLB6 (Post )
George,

Any estimates on HP increase when using Map5 with E30 mix? Also, In having to supply race fuel or an ethanol mix at +6psi, is it safe to assume that this is the limit for the stock turbo/fuel pump?

Hi,

It is not the limit. On our side we need to consider how the car reacts over several gears. The maps at this point are designed to be safe on a stock hardware boost cars which builds up intake temperature over several gears. A car with intercooler etc will most likely be able to boost more. As we get logs in from users with various mods we keep notes and will refine the maps over time. Also with most cars being predominantly in colder weather the picture might change when things heat up again.

I reckon the map 5 is good for 70hp increase based on the quarter mile improvements some cars are seeing.

RLB6 01-06-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Hi,

It is not the limit. On our side we need to consider how the car reacts over several gears. The maps at this point are designed to be safe on a stock hardware boost cars which builds up intake temperature over several gears. A car with intercooler etc will most likely be able to boost more. As we get logs in from users with various mods we keep notes and will refine the maps over time. Also with most cars being predominantly in colder weather the picture might change when things heat up again.

I reckon the map 5 is good for 70hp increase based on the quarter mile improvements some cars are seeing.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see what other maps you guy develop for this platform.

steel234 01-07-2019 06:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
The log looks good. You 98ron run seems to be on slight down hill gradient so that could have a impact.
Does the car fee smoother overall vs the without the E845mix.

Ok, i tried today an the same place as 98 RON. Maybe the adaption of fuel ist today better, too, i drove some km yesterday and today.

Map 5 with this fuel is faster. I got 0-100 in 4,01 with wheel slip (wet condotion), 100-200 in 10,06 and 0-200 in 14,09.

Very good. Nice times.

1/4 Mile - 11.99 s :burnrubber:

Unfortunatelly, P233F too.

George @ BMS 01-07-2019 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel234 (Post )
Ok, i tried today an the same place as 98 RON. Maybe the adaption of fuel ist today better, too, i drove some km yesterday and today.

Map 5 with this fuel is faster. I got 0-100 in 4,01 with wheel slip (wet condotion), 100-200 in 10,06 and 0-200 in 14,09.

Very good. Nice times.

1/4 Mile - 11.99 s :burnrubber:

Unfortunatelly, P233F too.

Nice, you can shave a bit of the 60ft and a flat surface will increase exit speed.

Did you try set the 6cyl timing setting?

steel234 01-07-2019 07:01 AM

My bad, forgot. Ich tried it at home, of course not worked without jb4 connection.

Now Ich did it.

steel234 01-08-2019 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Nice, you can shave a bit of the 60ft and a flat surface will increase exit speed.

Did you try set the 6cyl timing setting?

Today i tried some 100-200 and 0-100 without LC.. And got 233F again, despite of 6cyl setting =10.

George @ BMS 01-08-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel234 (Post )
Today i tried some 100-200 and 0-100 without LC.. And got 233F again, despite of 6cyl setting =10.

ok, we will keep at it till its solved. Did it happen as you let off?
log looks otherwise good.

steel234 01-08-2019 01:04 PM

Ich think yes, but not shure- its too fast to check whats happening in a traffic :)

i'll try to provoke it again

Payam @ BMS 01-10-2019 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what we just got! Will be on the website soon :)

Billet WMI adapters :drinking:

steel234 01-10-2019 12:05 PM

yeah, I looked already for them :)

Top!

nicotino15 01-12-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS (Post )
Look what we just got! Will be on the website soon :)

Billet WMI adapters :drinking:

Have you documented any performance improvements with WMI? I've not seen much on the testing or results with it.

Terry @ BMS 01-12-2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicotino15 (Post )
Have you documented any performance improvements with WMI? I've not seen much on the testing or results with it.

For those without E85 access the gains are substantial, for those already on E85, minimal so far, but we expect more as we turn up the tuning.

Kekela98a 01-14-2019 10:48 AM

Coming from a flex fuel tuned STI, is there a more accurate way to determine the percentage of ethanol? Cobb tuning’s flex fuel kit made it easy

Terry @ BMS 01-14-2019 11:02 AM

We have not developed a virtual flex fuel sensor output for the platform yet, and as far as I know Fuel-IT has not developed a physical ethanol sensor kit. Fortunately the JB4 and the ECU are quite good at adjustment, so just shoot for around 30% and you'll be fine. :)

Payam @ BMS 01-14-2019 11:12 AM

Audi meth spacers are live!

BMW JB4 Methanol Injection Kit - Compatible with all N20, N54, N55, N63, S63 and S55 motors

timmieh2 01-15-2019 12:47 PM

Hi All

Just figured i would introduce myself i am more of a reader then "poster" I currently have a B9 SQ5 that i will be picking up a JB4 to install on very soon. This will be my very first piggyback system ever used. I have used Cobb and Apr in the past and loved all the support and info available for the masses. I am looking forward to getting to know this platform. All the information that i have read over the past few days has been very helpful on my decision to purchase the Jb4.

~Tim

Payam @ BMS 01-15-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
Hi All

Just figured i would introduce myself i am more of a reader then "poster" I currently have a B9 SQ5 that i will be picking up a JB4 to install on very soon. This will be my very first piggyback system ever used. I have used Cobb and Apr in the past and loved all the support and info available for the masses. I am looking forward to getting to know this platform. All the information that i have read over the past few days has been very helpful on my decision to purchase the Jb4.

~Tim

Welcome! You're going to love the JB4 and all its features.

steel234 01-20-2019 03:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I make some 100-200 km/h runs trying to get a <10s time... No chance, no chance...
Mixed 98RON gasoline with e85 to ~E35-E37, fuel tank nearly empty.

We need more boost :lol

In the attach some logs, mb its intresting for stuff.

timmieh2 01-23-2019 10:31 AM

Quick question from the firmware update on the b9 sq5

I noticed a few different files i cant figure out which one is the latest. I assumed to go by the # but they seem to be to my eye maybe out of order posted on the first page her? Not sure ...

My jb4 comes tomorrow and im excited to get it all installed and working

George @ BMS 01-23-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
Quick question from the firmware update on the b9 sq5

I noticed a few different files i cant figure out which one is the latest. I assumed to go by the # but they seem to be to my eye maybe out of order posted on the first page her? Not sure ...

My jb4 comes tomorrow and im excited to get it all installed and working

The updates go in descending order in the information section. On the download the lowest one is newest.

timmieh2 01-23-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
The updates go in descending order in the information section. On the download the lowest one is newest.

Ok thank you very much so the T6 is the one i should update to when it arrives ?

George @ BMS 01-23-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
Ok thank you very much so the T6 is the one i should update to when it arrives ?

S4_2 . If you just bought it there is no need to update.

timmieh2 01-23-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
S4_2 . If you just bought it there is no need to update.

Ok thank you! Yes its arriving in the mail tomorrow tracking says. Tjanks again sorry for my confusion i was not sure if the latest firmware was already loaded .

George @ BMS 01-23-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
Ok thank you! Yes its arriving in the mail tomorrow tracking says. Tjanks again sorry for my confusion i was not sure if the latest firmware was already loaded .

No worries on other models we include release date. Maybe @terry can add them here going forward.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Copyright © 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com