N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   B58, B48 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   340 B58 PURE STAGE 1 Testing (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43078)

luchocamp 04-12-2018 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
The B58 engine is way better than the N55. Almost as good as the N54. :)

I think 3 engines ( N54, N55, B58 ) are same level.
N55 has the worst oem manifold and that makes look as the worst of three engines.

N55 oem manifold is only pushing with 4.5 cyl the turbine side :)

wgknestrick 04-12-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luchocamp (Post )
I think 3 engines ( N54, N55, B58 ) are same level.
N55 has the worst oem manifold and that makes look as the worst of three engines.

N55 oem manifold is only pushing with 4.5 cyl the turbine side :)


N55 is certainly the last among the 3 regarding performance potential. B58 is probably the first, but time will tell. That open deck on the N55 isn't helping it last once you start getting over 600whp, then cast pistons & rods.

It will also be cool to see what point the B58 intake manifold/IC becomes a restriction because that isn't easy or cheap to replace. It could really limit the platform to most people.

Wickedowesix 05-21-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Been working on things in the background and I think 500whp is within grasp. But still some software work to do.

Have you done any more tweeking on this sey up terry...?

Mrpink 06-23-2018 02:36 PM

Those who fitted PS1, where there any software changes requires, DB/PID settings etc?

Or just default settings?

Anyone did any before and after times?

Bullitt1841 06-23-2018 02:42 PM

Don't waste your time on the PS1. Go PS2. Flash tuning is coming soon!

Mrpink 06-23-2018 02:48 PM

Already have the ps1, had it fitted Friday just haven’t tested it yet.

Wickedowesix 07-21-2018 12:19 PM

Terry do you have any draggy times with this set up...?

Wickedowesix 10-28-2018 07:48 PM

Any updates or this or anything new to add from PS1 guys...?

Bullitt1841 10-28-2018 08:14 PM

Crickets. I'm still trying to get a flash that works well with the PS2. Hopefully soon after MHD releases their stuff.

Wickedowesix 10-28-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1841 (Post )
Crickets. I'm still trying to get a flash that works well with the PS2. Hopefully soon after MHD releases their stuff.

My car is a factory freak.. running e50 on stock flash with sub 15 afrs

Bullitt1841 10-28-2018 10:36 PM

I've been able to run high amounts of ethanol, even E85, in the main tank without issues at low throttle. It's when going WOT you need tons of pure ethanol or methanol to keep the fuel pumps happy.. But it is odd that if you don't have the MPPSK flash you are still hitting 13's for AFR.

Wickedowesix 10-29-2018 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullitt1841 (Post )
I've been able to run high amounts of ethanol, even E85, in the main tank without issues at low throttle. It's when going WOT you need tons of pure ethanol or methanol to keep the fuel pumps happy.. But it is odd that if you don't have the MPPSK flash you are still hitting 13's for AFR.

Yeah I hear ya... I run straight meth in the WMI tank.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com