N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   //M (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   BMS S55 OCC Under Development! (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32102)

Terry @ BMS 07-13-2015 03:14 PM

BMS S55 OCC Under Development!

1 Attachment(s)
We've started to see a need for an add on air/oil separator for the S55 platform, especially for those running 25psi and higher boost levels, so I'm pleased to announce a product is currently under development. :drinking:

Teaser photo. :)

Taimur 07-13-2015 03:45 PM

Terry what's the benefit of using this? Any additional information you can provide?

sA x sKy 07-13-2015 03:54 PM

Lol T you're making me spend more and more money on this car :D

Terry @ BMS 07-13-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taimur (Post )
Terry what's the benefit of using this? Any additional information you can provide?

It will make all your wildest dreams come true. And also help keep oil & blowby out of your intake system. Typical OCC stuff. What we need to evaluate is just how good the factory air/oil separator is at the higher boost levels. I'm sure it's OK at 15psi. But at 25-30psi, might be another story. We have reason to believe this OCC will help quite a bit. But we'll see how testing goes.

Ando @ BMS 07-13-2015 10:01 PM

Alright let's start aggressive driving and see how much oil it will catch:burnrubber:

NEVERENOUGH 12-10-2018 01:02 PM

Catch can might be a little too late

So I noticed the new oil catch can on the web site. But can anyone help me with what to do if I知 already plagued with quite a bit of oil in the intake on an f06 M6 S63tu. It started out of the blue with cylinder 2 misfires and now lots of smoke that increases with throttle any help is greatly appreciated

Payam @ BMS 12-10-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH (Post )
So I noticed the new oil catch can on the web site. But can anyone help me with what to do if I知 already plagued with quite a bit of oil in the intake on an f06 M6 S63tu. It started out of the blue with cylinder 2 misfires and now lots of smoke that increases with throttle any help is greatly appreciated

Sounds like a piston ring issue if you're getting smoke from the exhaust. Compression or leakdown test would be next. :(

NEVERENOUGH 12-10-2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS (Post )
Sounds like a piston ring issue if you're getting smoke from the exhaust. Compression or leakdown test would be next. :(

I had considered that. Although it had ever been a concern and literally started immediately after filling up with gas from close to a empty tank. The other item that is worth noting is the previous day I added oil and missed the fill tube and nearly a half of a quart poured all over the left bank and right above the number 2 cylinder. ( the one I知 getting the misfires on) I知 wondering if it was enough to effect it inbthis manner. I知 thinking of the way things happen with a valve over leak. Seems possible

NEVERENOUGH 12-10-2018 02:58 PM

Also the plug was very black but when I replace the plug and rev and idle for 20 minutes the plug is like new without even a tiny bit darkness to be seen at all. Don’t know if that’s relevant