N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3B 2.0T VAG Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55309)

George @ BMS 12-06-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLinePassat18 (Post )
Hi George any luck getting your hands on different plugs yet? Thanks!

Still working on it.

RLinePassat18 12-07-2018 09:58 AM

Ok great

John MK7.5 12-26-2018 05:46 AM

I just installed my JB4 and on my first drive the EPC light came on. I did some research and found that plug C could be the issue. I plugged in OEM plug and it runs fine now. Anyone else have this issue and does the jb4 still unlock all the potential power if one plug isnt connected.

Codes from JB4 app
426A
5A38

MK7.5 GTI PP DSG

George @ BMS 12-26-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John MK7.5 (Post )
I just installed my JB4 and on my first drive the EPC light came on. I did some research and found that plug C could be the issue. I plugged in OEM plug and it runs fine now. Anyone else have this issue and does the jb4 still unlock all the potential power if one plug isnt connected.

Codes from JB4 app
426A
5A38

MK7.5 GTI PP DSG

Drop me a email at george@burgertuning.com
Probably the wrong VW unit for your car.

latar 01-04-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
After some cooling car made decent power in map 3. The turbo is a IS20 so there is more range for power and much more torque using map 6 when coupled with cooling mods.

Hi George, what cooling mods do you mean in here? Cooling for a dyno or a bigger IC?
Are you aware of any IC upgrades ready for purchase for the new Polo GTI 2.0TSI to become map 6 compliant?

Cheers from Poland

George @ BMS 01-04-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latar (Post )
Hi George, what cooling mods do you mean in here? Cooling for a dyno or a bigger IC?
Are you aware of any IC upgrades ready for purchase for the new Polo GTI 2.0TSI to become map 6 compliant?

Cheers from Poland

In general, the IAT can climb 30C in a single pull through the gears. There isn't a cooler available yet. I know Wagner is working on one so it should be the first to become available.

HitmanHearns 01-08-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

In general, the IAT can climb 30C in a single pull through the gears. There isn't a cooler available yet. I know Wagner is working on one so it should be the first to become available.

Would we run into cooling issues on the 2018 A4 190hp models ? Or the cooling functionality is different between the A4 and what you are testing?

George @ BMS 01-09-2019 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HitmanHearns (Post )
Would we run into cooling issues on the 2018 A4 190hp models ? Or the cooling functionality is different between the A4 and what you are testing?

Less so with the 190hp A4 as the intercooler has a slightly different lay out and seems to be larger. Most users are in winter now so the data is not enough to be conclusive.
In the next few weeks we are fitting on A4 that are in hot climates and will have a better idea.

creepingKrawler 01-10-2019 08:11 PM

So this seems to be a little bit diff than the n54 jb4 (ran with BEF) I have & have a few questions.

Read the install pdf, what is the obd2 cable for? What about spark plugs from a gti or r? You think the turbo has around 60hp in it, is that on pump gas? Will I be able to take advantage of alcohol injection? Im guessing accessing command mode through the steering controls isnt possible? Does the app or laptop have access to all the same functions?

George @ BMS 01-11-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creepingKrawler (Post )
So this seems to be a little bit diff than the n54 jb4 (ran with BEF) I have & have a few questions.

Read the install pdf, what is the obd2 cable for? What about spark plugs from a gti or r? You think the turbo has around 60hp in it, is that on pump gas? Will I be able to take advantage of alcohol injection? Im guessing accessing command mode through the steering controls isnt possible? Does the app or laptop have access to all the same functions?

Only way to access is via the app or laptop. In terms of adjustment you can do boost and fuel.
OBD wire feeds engine data to the JB4 for mapping purposes.
The steering wheel module is not directly linked as the vehicle network is separated with various modules so we cannot do steering wheel controls unfortunately.

jnhalstead 01-11-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Only way to access is via the app or laptop. In terms of adjustment you can do boost and fuel.
OBD wire feeds engine data to the JB4 for mapping purposes.
The steering wheel module is not directly linked as the vehicle network is separated with various modules so we cannot do steering wheel controls unfortunately.

George, any updates on the 3B? Any luck with the intake plug?

George @ BMS 01-12-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnhalstead (Post )
George, any updates on the 3B? Any luck with the intake plug?

Do you mean for the MAF sensor in the intake?

jnhalstead 01-13-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Do you mean for the MAF sensor in the intake?

indeed

George @ BMS 01-13-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnhalstead (Post )
indeed

There was no benefit. At a certain load point the ECU starts ignoring it (we testing with it unplugged as well with no performance difference).

Lifesgood 01-14-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

We got around 30 testers now and still evaluating . So far so good.

Any feedback from testers?

Litspeed 01-14-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifesgood (Post )
Any feedback from testers?

I would like that as well......all feedback!

Tom

rsivan 01-15-2019 05:56 AM

feedback

I have JB4 fitted on gen3b T-Roc 190cv TSI and work great!,zero problems.

Litspeed 01-16-2019 06:00 AM

What about performance?

rsivan 01-16-2019 10:53 AM

I did not test on dyno,however map2 and map3 are ok both no holes or error , we running here 95RON fuel as std,
I have now map6 at 4.5psi max ,comparing with my previuos gen3 tuned by flash I think is over 50ps+ the more gain is from 4000rpm to 6000rpm ,before was very weak in this range.

Lifesgood 01-20-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

In our own stable we have both a US Tiguan as well as a Polo GTI 200hp
Had the Polo GTI on the dyno for some preliminary map testing. Gains seemed to be good on map 3 but the car has heat soak issues with the smaller front mount intercooler.

After some cooling car made decent power in map 3. The turbo is a IS20 so there is more range for power and much more torque using map 6 when coupled with cooling mods.

https://i.postimg.cc/kD3TCQTS/Pologti.jpg

George, I have the JB4 now fitted to my Polo. Should map 3 be OK as it is - 1 outside

George @ BMS 01-20-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifesgood (Post )
George, I have the JB4 now fitted to my Polo. Should map 3 be OK as it is - 1 outside

Yes, it should be good.

L32 01-20-2019 11:39 AM

which is the difference between the tiguan and polo gti?
there is some engine difference? or is just the ecu map?
i mean, you can get some decebt power on the gti but not on tiguan.

George @ BMS 01-21-2019 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L32 (Post )
which is the difference between the tiguan and polo gti?
there is some engine difference? or is just the ecu map?
i mean, you can get some decebt power on the gti but not on tiguan.

At this point it is unknown if there are any engine variances which I doubt. The variance is most likely mapping. On the Tiguan the base ECU tune does not allow for similar boost levels for consistent power at this level.

PaulyD88 01-27-2019 06:19 AM

Hi everyone, just got my g8 jb4 installed on my 18 Passat. Anyone on here have the Passat also? Are you using the connect kit? Is it worth it at this stage of the jb4 just being released for our engines? If so what map is safe to use on us 93oct pump gas with no other mods. Thanks!

George @ BMS 01-27-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyD88 (Post )
Hi everyone, just got my g8 jb4 installed on my 18 Passat. Anyone on here have the Passat also? Are you using the connect kit? Is it worth it at this stage of the jb4 just being released for our engines? If so what map is safe to use on us 93oct pump gas with no other mods. Thanks!

In cooler weather on the Passat which has a different turbo to the rest of the Gen3B cars user are using map 2 or 3 or a custom map we set up for them.