N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Tech Support, Tuning Advice, Logs, and Help Me Posts (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Logs After Updates (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47471)

Vorsprung_CJB 06-10-2017 05:22 PM

Logs After Updates

3 Attachment(s)
Updated my firmware for the first time in a while, and also updated my flash using the most recent BB/MHD merged map (via BB).

Feels pretty good. My main concern is my FF stays around 149/150. I thought it was just because I mainly DD and don't use WOT often, but after some adaptation it still seems to hang out there. Spool seems a bit long but I make and hold target and duty cycle seems reasonable. Not turbo issues besides major rattle.

Also seemed like throttle is more sensitive to change especially at low RPM. I lowered menu 11 quite a bit as also tried menu 10 and 12, but it seemed to have zero effect on throttle feel. I am definitely in 4/2 mode. Maybe I just need to get used to it after so long without an update.

Sorry some of the runs are short, best I could do with traffic today. The large file is a full log with mixed driving plus full throttle, the others are fairly short. Had to zip the large one due to attachment restriction.

Thanks!

Terry @ BMS 06-10-2017 05:27 PM

You could set duty bias all to 60 to rescale FF down. But, if you have other symptoms, maybe a physical issue...

Vorsprung_CJB 06-10-2017 06:07 PM

Hmm I hadn't considered trying that. Should I manually move FF down 10 as well? If it learns back up I suppose there could be an issue.

Vorsprung_CJB 06-11-2017 07:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tried raising duty bias to 60 like you suggested (it was 0, which should be the same as 50). I also manually lowered FF to 135. Seemed to actually learn down after a few runs, to about 126 by the end. Seemed to overboost in the mid range though. Maybe I'll try a lower value like 55. I shouldn't have to set a curve using bias given that I don't have a lot of mods and have stock turbos? Seemed like the minimum FF was too high as it went from spool to boost control. Is this linked to menu 12 or some other setting besides bias/FF?

Feel better there probably isn't a hardware problem since it learned down. Maybe just old age for the turbos.

Attached some updated logs. Thanks!

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 06-11-2017 09:44 PM

Raise and scale your duty biases up top a bit more and lower your FF to 100. This will help get rid of the over boost at tip in.

Vorsprung_CJB 06-12-2017 09:15 AM

Thanks Steve. I didn't have that issue when duty bias was zeroed out though. If I raised it evenly why would I now have this issue? Is it just exaggerating a slight issue to a more noticeable one? I would rather not have to maintain a custom duty bias curve. I may just return them to 50 and see how it adapts, then revisit.