N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Market Place - For Sale / Trade / Wanted (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Flashing back to stock (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31644)

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-26-2015 02:11 PM

Flashing back to stock

Few weeks ago, I was having some problems with the car so I tried to flash back to stock and the dme was in recovery mode, it stated that I wasn't programmable, so I flashed back to bms back end flash and everything was fine then. My question, is there a special way to reflash back to stock? I have my original file which is saved as .Org, I'm just not sure how to flash back to stock

BostonBeemah 06-26-2015 03:35 PM

I'm assuming your talking about the BB flasher. A lot of people including myself have had issues with flashing back to stock. I recommend just doing it with Winkfp if you have that setup.

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-26-2015 06:01 PM

Ya I used the BB flasher, can you enlighten me on what Winkfp is?

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-26-2015 06:02 PM

Also I can't believe I posted in the wrong section lol, mods can you move this to support section?

Rushan 06-26-2015 10:53 PM

I would suggest to save your time and make it easy and headache free, get the MHD on your Android with OTG and cable, simply buy the BMS flash with 79$ Once and you can flash back to stock in simple 2 clicks and you are done... Plus you can flash to any MHD BMS flash as many times as you want with 2 minute time and flash back to stock in 2 minutes.

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-26-2015 11:25 PM

I already invested in a $179 bav technic cable lol, not really wanting to have no use for that cable anymore. It's not like I'm going to flash back to stock anytime soon I just would like to have the ability too, on the event I need to do that.

Rushan 06-27-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports (Post )
I already invested in a $179 bav technic cable lol, not really wanting to have no use for that cable anymore. It's not like I'm going to flash back to stock anytime soon I just would like to have the ability too, on the event I need to do that.

You can sell it over here or eBay and buy 2$ OTG and 29$ BMWcable and 79$ MHD and you save some money,

I never thought to flash my car with the BB flash after reading all the issues and problems faced others but with MHD it was just plug and play so I can flash and reflash to stock and change flash in 2 minutes without being afraid to screw my ECU

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-27-2015 04:38 PM

So I cash flash from my BB flash to mhd without a problem? And as far as my files go I just download them to me cell phone and that's it?

Rushan 06-28-2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

So I cash flash from my BB flash to mhd without a problem? And as far as my files go I just download them to me cell phone and that's it?

The beauty of MHD you can flash directly to the BMS flash maps without the need to remove the BB flash,

Yes your maps will be on your Android phone and anytime you connect and flash any map or flash to stock

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-29-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushan (Post )
The beauty of MHD you can flash directly to the BMS flash maps without the need to remove the BB flash,

Yes your maps will be on your Android phone and anytime you connect and flash any map or flash to stock

So let me get this straight, I just need a dcan cable, otg, and the app? I already downloaded the app when do you actually pay for the flash?

Rushan 06-29-2015 03:08 AM

Once you connect it to your ECU and read your ECU and select BMS flash it will ask you to pay for the license and you are ready to go

hkninja 06-29-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Once you connect it to your ECU and read your ECU and select BMS flash it will ask you to pay for the license and you are ready to go

This is only one time fee right? What about custom flash?

Rushan 06-29-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkninja (Post )
This is only one time fee right? What about custom flash?

Yes as long as you are uploading BMS JB4 flash files you can do it as much as you want, if you want to go stage 1 or stage 2 MHD flash you need to buy it separately as its not related to the JB4 BMS maps

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-30-2015 01:24 AM

Quote:

Yes as long as you are uploading BMS JB4 flash files you can do it as much as you want, if you want to go stage 1 or stage 2 MHD flash you need to buy it separately as its not related to the JB4 BMS maps

Now I read my stock ecu through the BB flash will that cause a problem, and where do you recommend a good dcan cable?

Rushan 06-30-2015 02:25 AM

Quote:

Now I read my stock ecu through the BB flash will that cause a problem, and where do you recommend a good dcan cable?

That should be fine, MHD can write over the BB flash directly without the need to flash back to stock from BB

As for the cable I had this

KCRIUS(TM) K+D CAN USB Interface OBD2 Cable Diagnostic Scanner for BMW only https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008KZDDGA..._WaMKvbX60AQJQ

And it worked for me

Deen@StreetKingImports 06-30-2015 02:28 AM

Ya I mean I extracted the stock file from BB software I should be able to upload to cellphone no problem and flash back to stock? and there is 0 chance of bricking the dme?

Rushan 06-30-2015 03:21 AM

Nobody had issues with MHD and all should be smooth and easy, just make sure you set you JB4 to map 0 and preferable to connect a battery charger,

I guess your BB stock file is .org the MHD files .bin in case later you need to use that file just rename it from .org to .bin

Deen@StreetKingImports 07-02-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Nobody had issues with MHD and all should be smooth and easy, just make sure you set you JB4 to map 0 and preferable to connect a battery charger,

I guess your BB stock file is .org the MHD files .bin in case later you need to use that file just rename it from .org to .bin

So just rename the file as . bin? Last Time I tried flashing with BB the file was .org maybe that was the problem but I'm interested in the MHD. How long are the flashes specially with stock factory file?

Rushan 07-02-2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

So just rename the file as . bin? Last Time I tried flashing with BB the file was .org maybe that was the problem but I'm interested in the MHD. How long are the flashes specially with stock factory file?

BB uses .org format and MHD .bin format

1st flash on MHD would take between 25-35 minutes, then any new flash and changing between pump or race or E85 flashes would take 2 minutes

Deen@StreetKingImports 07-02-2015 08:08 AM

Really why do the bms files say .bin? So change it from . org won't effect anything?

Rushan 07-02-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Really why do the bms files say .bin? So change it from . org won't effect anything?

In the MHD BMS flash posts this been asked few times and seems it's only the extension that is different, I guess it's to differentiate both flash tools..

Deen@StreetKingImports 07-02-2015 07:50 PM

I'm still confused because they both are bin files though

Deen@StreetKingImports 07-02-2015 08:05 PM

If you look at both flash maps they are .bin, the only .org was when I first read the stock ecu everything else is .bin I took the liberty to look at both on my laptop

Rushan 07-03-2015 03:47 AM

Quote:

If you look at both flash maps they are .bin, the only .org was when I first read the stock ecu everything else is .bin I took the liberty to look at both on my laptop

Are you on IJE0S? Or I8E0S? you don't need even to upload your bin or org file, if you just connect to MHD and click flash back to stock it will write you the appropriate stock OEM flash which is completely stock version to ECU

Deen@StreetKingImports 07-03-2015 07:39 PM

I'm ijeos, if it's that easy that would be awesome, just don't know how mhd knows what stock is, can you confirm by possibly trying to do that?