N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kia & Hyundai Turbo (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Kia & Hyundai JB4 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52020)

Terry @ BMS 12-19-2018 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Then new fuel control is working perfectly. Nice to see IAT not climbing as much as you might expect at higher speed too.

Sboylan 12-19-2018 11:11 AM

Intake
 
Any update on Intake release/price?

Terry @ BMS 12-19-2018 11:43 AM

Yes we have 100 in stock. Page should be live today and I'll make a post when it is. :)

D-C 12-19-2018 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Terry

Can you please check the attached log using your new v7 firmware. The car cut power in 4th gear around 5200rpm it was like hitting a rev limiter this happened twice but I was only doing around 160km. Thought I better get you to check if everything is ok before making more logs

Thanks

Terry @ BMS 12-19-2018 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-C (Post )
Hi Terry

Can you please check the attached log using your new v7 firmware. The car cut power in 4th gear around 5200rpm it was like hitting a rev limiter this happened twice but I was only doing around 160km. Thought I better get you to check if everything is ok before making more logs

Thanks

Yes I see it here. The power cut is from fuel pressure dropping.

Why did you disable fuel control? No fuel wires? What E85 mix? Fuel wires are needed for these power levels.

Adamdan 12-19-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Yes I see it here. The power cut is from fuel pressure dropping.

Why did you disable fuel control? No fuel wires? What E85 mix? Fuel wires are needed for these power levels.

With v7 I thought the fuel setting did not to be entered in. How would someone disable fuel control or enable?

D-C 12-19-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Yes I see it here. The power cut is from fuel pressure dropping.

Why did you disable fuel control? No fuel wires? What E85 mix? Fuel wires are needed for these power levels.

Did I disable the fuel control ?

I thought I had to change future use D to 1.

I'm running easily more than 30% E85

In my previous log you said fuel wires are working so I must have changed to the wrong setting ?

D-C 12-19-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Yes I see it here. The power cut is from fuel pressure dropping.

Why did you disable fuel control? No fuel wires? What E85 mix? Fuel wires are needed for these power levels.

I think I know what I have done.

I turned on bit0: which gave me a value of 1.

Where as I should of turned on bit1: to enable fuel control which would give me a value of 2.

Is that correct Terry ? It was a little confusing at 5am this morning lol

I assume the JB4 cut power because the fuel pressure drop to protect the car ? so no damage would have been done ?

Terry @ BMS 12-19-2018 01:47 PM

All FUD options should be off by default. Including bit1. Turning on bit1 disabled fuel control per the notes.

washguy 12-19-2018 01:50 PM

Terry V7 b-2 is a winner...so smooth....I also backed down to map2 cause map3 is really not useful with cold pavement and map2 does such an awesome job! CONGRATS!
Wash

Terry @ BMS 12-19-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by washguy (Post )
Terry V7 b-2 is a winner...so smooth....I also backed down to map2 cause map3 is really not useful with cold pavement and map2 does such an awesome job! CONGRATS!
Wash

:happy

D-C 12-19-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
All FUD options should be off by default. Including bit1. Turning on bit1 disabled fuel control per the notes.

That explains a lot lol

A good lesson don't try upgrading your maps at 4:30am on light sleep :rolleyes2

Mr GT2 12-20-2018 08:56 AM

Oh wow I haven't checked back in here in a bit and I see there's been like 4 updates to the jb4 I'm still on 5_T5.hex cant wait to see if the new firmware makes a difference definitely taking a trip to Mexico tonight to get a full pull 0-130 :evil:

brancky3 12-20-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GT2 (Post )
Oh wow I haven't checked back in here in a bit and I see there's been like 4 updates to the jb4 I'm still on 5_T5.hex cant wait to see if the new firmware makes a difference definitely taking a trip to Mexico tonight to get a full pull 0-130 :evil:

v7 is actually a really big upgrade. I love the new fuel delivery. :drinking:

hungtran505 12-20-2018 09:00 AM

What mods does everyone have on there car?

Adamdan 12-20-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hungtran505 (Post )
What mods does everyone have on there car?

I have k&n panel filters jun ********* and evc catback and stock plugs gapped to .024.

Terry @ BMS 12-20-2018 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Log from a crazy Korean customer hitting his ~168mph speed limiter on WMI, 60 additive. :eek:

brancky3 12-20-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Log from a crazy Korean customer hitting is 160mph speed limiter on WMI, 60 additive. :eek:

Good God! Look at that smooth-ass AFR! :lol

Terry @ BMS 12-20-2018 10:06 AM

I could not be happier with how the v7 fuel control panned out. You guys can partially thank JohnB@Tork for that, all his continuous bull**** posts in JB4 threads pushed us to reinvent a better wheel on that algorithm to beat his ET. :)

brancky3 12-20-2018 10:08 AM

Oddly enough I haven't seen him comment on the 1/4 mile defeat since you posted that :clap:

Terry @ BMS 12-20-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brancky3 (Post )
Oddly enough I haven't seen him comment on the 1/4 mile defeat since you posted that :clap:

I'm sure he's busy installing his 50shot of NOS now to ensure he takes back the "record" :lol

Terry @ BMS 12-20-2018 11:42 AM

Better late than never... Finally released our BMS Stinger Intakes! In stock and ready to ship. Intro price $329. :)

BMS Kia Stinger Performance Intake - BurgerTuning.com

http://www.burgertuning.com/images/K...BMS-intake.jpg

http://www.burgertuning.com/images/k...ntake_2019.jpg

http://www.burgertuning.com/images/k...ntake_2018.jpg

Broobrou 12-20-2018 11:44 AM

Materials?

Terry @ BMS 12-20-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broobrou (Post )
Materials?

Powder coated aluminum. Considered rotomolding but the problem with this application is the rotomolded tubes themselves are really thick so the only way to do that without adding restriction is to go all the way to the turbo, making the install more complicated. The factory turbo inlets themselves flow really well so this design for us was the most viable design.

brancky3 12-20-2018 12:02 PM

To be used with the stock airbox bottoms? Very interesting; makes putting it back to stock pretty easy I'd imagine.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com