N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kia & Hyundai Turbo (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Kia & Hyundai JB4 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52020)

Stung 11-23-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiletto (Post )
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)

I might suggest going with the 2 step colder plugs gapped to .022 and no wider. See if that solves your problem.

AWDGT2 11-23-2020 03:19 PM

Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiletto (Post )
Having issues with WOT. I recently installed the EWG wires thinking it would help, but they didn't. Pulls fine when pedal isn't depressed 100%. Even quick WOT stabs don't result in the orange trans light of shame. But, holding WOT for several seconds definitely results in stutters, CEL, rough idle/acceleration until I turn the car off.

Would've gotten a longer run, but don't want to break anything.

Map 2 (fuel wires and EWG wires)
93 Octane (Exxon, no winter gas in lower VA)
Intake, secondary *****, *** back, Jonny Tig merge pipe
Denso 5346 w/ ~12k miles on 'em (just ordered 5347s)


Stiletto 11-23-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stung (Post )
I might suggest going with the 2 step colder plugs gapped to .022 and no wider. See if that solves your problem.

Already on order. That, plus the 2580 chip, should help...or more troubleshooting will commence.

Stiletto 11-23-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWDGT2 (Post )
Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.

I presume you mean the EWG harness? I adjusted the settings according the instructions in the EWG harness thread.

Terry @ BMS 11-23-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWDGT2 (Post )
Just FYI, the cables aren't doing anything unless you're messing with the duty cycles.... just putting on the cables has no effect on the car positive or negative.
edit.. I'm not sure what Terry's response was on the other post but I think I see a disparity between Trims, check your fuel wires, one might not be making good connection.

The default EWG settings allow the EWG cables to do their job, no customized settings are needed or in most cases even suggested.

Albinoseal 11-23-2020 08:02 PM

Can someone help with the fuel wire ADAPTER for the 2.0 stinger? Is the signal wire to puncture the RED, OR the black wire on position 2?
http://imgur.com/a/ncQ1eJc

this is a screenshot of what i'm talking about.

Terry @ BMS 11-25-2020 10:57 AM

Black wire on spot2 for the 2L. Red wire for 3.3L and 1.6L.

Aldony 11-29-2020 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
did a pull Map3 & Map4. 4.50 gallon of e85 on 93.

Boost Over Everything 12-01-2020 08:57 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for changing the plugs on my 2018 Genesis G80? Local shop wants over $400. I’m going to tackle it myself.

Running on Map 1 currently with stock plugs. It really wakes this thing up. Can’t wait for 2 step plugs and map 2 on 93.

Terry @ BMS 12-01-2020 10:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldony (Post )
did a pull Map3 & Map4. 4.50 gallon of e85 on 93.

Looks fine to me! Boost, timing, and AFR all solid. You probably meant to have FUA = 0 to log timing pull rather than raw timing.

Boost Over Everything 12-03-2020 05:46 AM

Terry,

Anything I need to pay attention to when doing a data logging run? Is it helpful to do a pull from low end to 60 for example? Or just turn it on and drive?

Thank you!

Terry @ BMS 12-03-2020 01:46 PM

Usually a 40-100 pull on a safe private track has all the info you need to evaluate the tuning. If there is some specific reason for it you can always do a 2k to redline 4th gear pull too to check out low end stuff.

Jsron905 12-03-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boost Over Everything (Post )
Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for changing the plugs on my 2018 Genesis G80? Local shop wants over $400. Iím going to tackle it myself.

Running on Map 1 currently with stock plugs. It really wakes this thing up. Canít wait for 2 step plugs and map 2 on 93.

There is tones of information including videos and pictures on the kia stinger forum to learn how to do the plugs. That is assuming you have the same 3.3t engine. Looks hard but takes probably about 1.5 hours to two hours your first time. From then on 45 min and thats with being an armature.

Pickledpie 12-04-2020 07:15 PM

I just bought a used jb4 and it has to unlink from the previous owner but when it send an email from the app it says unable to attach file, does this mean you will be unable to unlink the jb4 from the previous owner?

Pickledpie 12-04-2020 07:17 PM

Also, can I use map 1 with fuel wires without regapping the spark plugs?

Badley13 12-05-2020 01:35 PM

Which map is valet map? First page says map 8 but dyno runs say map 4. Thanks for the help!

Never mind! I finally see there is a search thread function......

Boost Over Everything 12-05-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickledpie (Post )
Also, can I use map 1 with fuel wires without regapping the spark plugs?

Terry can comment but i've been doing so for about two weeks with stock plugs with no problems. I do have the 2 step plugs which I will install before going to Map 2 and 93 Octane.

Badley13 12-08-2020 08:39 AM

I haven’t been able to find this yet in this thread but does anyone have any recommendations for the boost drop settings? I’m on map 3, RWD, e30, and bms intakes but when I go to do a dig (with and without launch control) im just sitting there spinning wheels. I also have the boost drop set to 5 and 1 for 1st and 2nd

Boost Over Everything 12-09-2020 09:22 AM

Terry, I installed the fuel wires with positaps but only plan on using Map 1 and 2. Are they doing anything for me or do they only come into play with E or Meth?

AWDGT2 12-09-2020 09:37 AM

They absolutely affect every map, the more the boost, the more they come into play. E or Meth has nothing to do with them directly...

Boost Over Everything 12-09-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWDGT2 (Post )
They absolutely affect every map, the more the boost, the more they come into play. E or Meth has nothing to do with them directly...

Good to know! I will keep them installed then and may buy the harness for easy removal.

Jsron905 12-10-2020 07:56 AM

Air filter oil amount kia stinger
 
Does anyone know how many grams of oil need to be applied to the bms intakes on the 3.3 kia stinger filters? They appear to be S and B filters but I did not see a part number to look up the proper oil amount? Thanks

Terry @ BMS 12-10-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pickledpie (Post )
Also, can I use map 1 with fuel wires without regapping the spark plugs?

Many do, but our official suggestion is always to regap first. I think the newer cars are better about factory gaps than our 2018 was. Which had wild differences plug to plug from the factory.

BHR Stinger 12-11-2020 01:26 PM

Terry, at what point is a 2-step colder plug beneficial. When do you know you will benefit from it?

Terry @ BMS 12-11-2020 01:54 PM

Normally for people looking to max out performance or who have had issues with blowing out a 1 step plug we suggest them. I actually still have the 1 step in ours currently, never had a problem with them.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com