JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

George @ BMS 01-27-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel234 (Post )
Hi,

how I can email you for a new FW? :) PN is not possible ;)

I triggered 233F some times...

THX.

Its in post 1 now.

steel234 01-27-2019 11:56 AM

Yes, got it per mail already, will try it.

Thx !

mtlquattro 01-27-2019 12:01 PM

I have been driving the car in a way that would have almost instantly triggered the drivetrain malfunction on the old firmware and so far not a single error on the new firmware. I am very pleased!

Terry @ BMS 01-29-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtlquattro (Post )
I have been driving the car in a way that would have almost instantly triggered the drivetrain malfunction on the old firmware and so far not a single error on the new firmware. I am very pleased!

Nice! If this turns out to be the fix you guys can thank the TTRS... In doing BCM development for it I noticed something in our logic that I suspected might be causing the fault with the S4s. :burnrubber:

Terry @ BMS 01-29-2019 10:15 AM

For those testing it we added default (starting) BCM settings to the first post. As R&D on that goes on we may suggest setting changes based on your logs.

RLB6 01-29-2019 10:16 AM

This maybe a silly question but I'm going to assume that if I were to upgrade to firmware JB4_AUDI_S4_4_T4, this update will also include everything from firmware, JB4_AUDI_S4_2, correct?

Terry @ BMS 01-29-2019 10:21 AM

Correct

RLB6 01-29-2019 10:29 AM

Thanks for the confirmation.

spindlewood 01-30-2019 10:14 PM

Just flashed the new JB4_AUDI_S4_4_T4 and took it out for a WOT test. Previously I got the Christmas tree effect when letting off throttle, so thought I give it a try. Before I did the run, I cleared codes - and there was a Code 8176 hanging around since the last time I cleared.

I ran Map 3 WOT from 5 - 80+ mph and then cut throttle. No engine faults but I got the 8176 code. Is this still the IAT bug? I have the new chip installed. I also have the setting 6-Cyl Timing Logging (0-6) set to 10 based on previous advice - is this still advised? I will forward my log. FYI, I forgot to put the car in Sport, so it ran in D. Not sure what difference if any in the WOT experience that makes.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

George @ BMS 01-31-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindlewood (Post )
Just flashed the new JB4_AUDI_S4_4_T4 and took it out for a WOT test. Previously I got the Christmas tree effect when letting off throttle, so thought I give it a try. Before I did the run, I cleared codes - and there was a Code 8176 hanging around since the last time I cleared.

I ran Map 3 WOT from 5 - 80+ mph and then cut throttle. No engine faults but I got the 8176 code. Is this still the IAT bug? I have the new chip installed. I also have the setting 6-Cyl Timing Logging (0-6) set to 10 based on previous advice - is this still advised? I will forward my log. FYI, I forgot to put the car in Sport, so it ran in D. Not sure what difference if any in the WOT experience that makes.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Make the 6-cyl value to 0 and see if this still persists. The 233F is solved and the IAT bug a while back so might related to this setting. I doubt its related to D or S.

mtlquattro 01-31-2019 11:43 AM

5 days of driving hard since last firmware update and still no drivetrain malfunction. For me it seems to have completely fixed the problem!

Also it's been two days since the GTX3582 install running at 22-24 psi. Got the BCM in the mail yesterday and will test it later today.

Terry @ BMS 01-31-2019 05:06 PM

Nice! We'll need to hand dial in duty bias and/or FF with the larger turbo I think so be sure to get some logs via email over to George ASAP when the BCM goes in to work on that. We can also show you how to enable the absolute target map6 for testing. :)

timmieh2 02-01-2019 09:18 PM

does the bcm automatically help with some of the maps after it is installed or do i need to make adjustments within the software ? Im using an e30 mix with the jb4 and loving it hoping to get a little extra punch with out having to get to technical

Terry @ BMS 02-01-2019 10:04 PM

Yes when installed it's active on all maps. If you're on E30 already I'd say you're a good candidate for it. :)

dman918 02-02-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Yes when installed it's active on all maps. If you're on E30 already I'd say you're a good candidate for it. :)

Any data yet on benefits of the bcm when just on 93 octane? Jb4 will be only mod. Thanks!

Addiboy 02-02-2019 10:39 AM

Just ordered JB4 Last night, can't wait to install. Just wondering if unit will be shipped with new chip and latest firmware? Thanks!

dman918 02-02-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addiboy (Post )
Just ordered JB4 Last night, can't wait to install. Just wondering if unit will be shipped with new chip and latest firmware? Thanks!

They typically ship with the latest firmware installed. Not sure what chip you are speaking of though? The BCM is an add-on that costs $150.

Addiboy 02-02-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dman918 (Post )
They typically ship with the latest firmware installed. Not sure what chip you are speaking of though? The BCM is an add-on that costs $150.

I was reading a few of the post a while back and they mentioned that there was a revised chip that was causing the malfunction. Appreciate the info!

Terry @ BMS 02-02-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addiboy (Post )

Will have the latest firmware, yes.

Addiboy 02-02-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Will have the latest firmware, yes.

Thanks Terry

timmieh2 02-03-2019 01:29 AM

Bravo! This update to the firmware is brilliant. Thank you to this whole team for all of there hard work. I can not wait to add my BCM when it arrives. This is my first expereience with a “piggyback” style of tuning and I am a BMS fan for life for a miltitude of reasons now. These new map updates are noticable. I was happy before and happier still. Keep up the great/hard work :)

Payam @ BMS 02-03-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmieh2 (Post )
Bravo! This update to the firmware is brilliant. Thank you to this whole team for all of there hard work. I can not wait to add my BCM when it arrives. This is my first expereience with a “piggyback” style of tuning and I am a BMS fan for life for a miltitude of reasons now. These new map updates are noticable. I was happy before and happier still. Keep up the great/hard work :)

Thanks for all the kind words! Terry and George work very hard on this platform to keep everything moving forward. This is the basic response we have been getting from all our new customers who have been jumping to the JB4.

steel234 02-03-2019 03:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I tested today "new" map 5 with RON102/E85 Mix.
New firmware runs good, old bug with 233F is gone i tryed provoke it, but dont got it. Great job.

New map 5 runs 0-100 km/h better, I shaved now 4s 0-100, it s really good.

But 100-200 km/h is still the same like a "old" map3, I mean even a little bit worse. As like something is limiting more power...

@George could you see the logs please? I dont now how I can post a graph :D

George @ BMS 02-03-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel234 (Post )
I tested today "new" map 5 with RON102/E85 Mix.
New firmware runs good, old bug with 233F is gone i tryed provoke it, but dont got it. Great job.

New map 5 runs 0-100 km/h better, I shaved now 4s 0-100, it s really good.

But 100-200 km/h is still the same like a "old" map3, I mean even a little bit worse. As like something is limiting more power...

@George could you see the logs please? I dont now how I can post a graph :D

A few factors outside the tuning could affect the times if its small variances. Are you testing on the same road? Similar intake temps etc.
Increase the fuel open loop value to 90 and run another log. Rather email it through to me. We can send other firmware through as we always got something in the works.:burnrubber:

timmieh2 02-06-2019 03:49 PM

Question using the jb4app. Average ign is not showing. Which is the best way to monitor ign advance over what the ecu is calling for?