N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   N54 Injector Recall 1/17/2020 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60779)

N54_ABQ 01-24-2020 10:28 AM

N54 Injector Recall 1/17/2020
 
It seems BMW is doing another injector recall on 04/2007 to 11/2008 N54s.

A lot of people are following this closely and seems to be true so far.

Details are scarce and was hoping to get any info going here.


Anyone have more details?

Payam @ BMS 01-24-2020 10:48 AM

You can call any BMW dealership and they should have a solid answer for you :)

N54_ABQ 01-24-2020 11:12 AM

I've called a few. And checked the the BMWUSA website... Nothing.

It may be just too early.

codesx 01-24-2020 11:22 AM

I called BMW Canada.

They have no record of SIB 130120 or Emissions Recall Campaign 10E-A02.

I will try them again in a week, as this is new (2020-01-17) and may not even be updated in their system yet.

My car 100% qualifies by build date - 04/01/2007 through 11/30/2008.

If BMW USA has this on record, perhaps it does not apply north of the border... because our cars must not have the same defects based on being parked close to igloos.

THE BEAST 01-24-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )
I called BMW Canada.

They have no record of SIB 130120 or Emissions Recall Campaign 10E-A02.

I will try them again in a week, as this is new (2020-01-17) and may not even be updated in their system yet.

My car 100% qualifies by build date - 04/01/2007 through 11/30/2008.

If BMW USA has this on record, perhaps it does not apply north of the border... because our cars must not have the same defects based on being parked close to igloos.

:lol

codesx 01-24-2020 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by THE BEAST (Post )
:lol


Who's making jokes?

I know the sun is always shining for you... it never rains or snows.
You've probably never worn pants in your life... just shorts.
Your women are in thin, little dresses, or out of them. Only two options.
Your Hard Top is always down. The hydraulics probably don't even work.

I think I've never seen an add for the US where this isn't the case.
The rest of the adds are about class-action lawsuits against drug companies - that's how you're all so rich.


:ttiwwop:

** EDIT ** I think out lack of warmth is getting to me. End of rant ;)

Vorsprung_CJB 01-24-2020 12:37 PM

Is there anyone with an 07 or 08 that hasn't replaced their injectors already? What about people who already replaced them on their dime?

Rule77 01-24-2020 12:43 PM

The LATEST BMW N54 2020 Injector Recall!! - YouTube

Itís a brand new recall. The past recall has nothing to do with this new one. N54 build dates 4/1/07 to 11/30/08.

codesx 01-24-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB (Post )
Is there anyone with an 07 or 08 that hasn't replaced their injectors already? What about people who already replaced them on their dime?


Based on previous posts here, neither BMW USA or Canada know about this yet.

I'll be calling them back in a week once their systems catch up.

N54_ABQ 01-24-2020 02:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to the dealer today over my lunch break and asked about SIB 13 01 20.

They know about it. As mentioned elsewhere, VINs may not be flagged yet.

It states in the defect code description "N54 US Replace piezo injectors". So yep US only...


I had them print it out for me. Here it is.

Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! 01-24-2020 02:04 PM

Bmw-RP

throw your vin in, and see if you qualify

Rule77 01-24-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N54_ABQ (Post )
Went to the dealer today over my lunch break and asked about SIB 13 01 20.

They know about it. As mentioned elsewhere, VINs may not be flagged yet.

It states in the defect code description "N54 US Replace piezo injectors". So yep US only...


I had them print it out for me. Here it is.

Thanks for doing that! Much appreciated 👊🏻

codesx 01-24-2020 02:33 PM

N54_RBQ,

Curious if your car shows up when you put your VIN into BMW Owner Reimbursement Program.

I respect Canadian vehicles may not qualify...

It's awesome your dealer is aware. Grats on that!

Rule77 01-24-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )
N54_RBQ,

Curious if your car shows up when you put your VIN into BMW Owner Reimbursement Program.

I respect Canadian vehicles may not qualify...

It's awesome your dealer is aware. Grats on that!

It wonít until they assign vins

codesx 01-24-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rule77 (Post )
It wonít until they assign vins


I called my dealer.
They said they were familiar with it.
They also said that VINs would have been assigned prior to formally issuing the Recall. (I'm not 100% convinced)

They ran my VIN, and while my build date qualifies, they state my car does not, for reasons unknown.
It was indicated that the number of VINs involved may be expanded on, but this was currently speculation.

So, it seems to be in Canada.
My build date qualifies. My injectors leaked.
My VIN doesn't seem to qualify and they are not sure why, and suggest there is no recourse to inquire as to why. (BMW Canada certainly didn't help earlier today)

Gotta love the clarity.

THE BEAST 01-24-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )
Who's making jokes?

I know the sun is always shining for you... it never rains or snows.
You've probably never worn pants in your life... just shorts.
Your women are in thin, little dresses, or out of them. Only two options.
Your Hard Top is always down. The hydraulics probably don't even work.

I think I've never seen an add for the US where this isn't the case.
The rest of the adds are about class-action lawsuits against drug companies - that's how you're all so rich.


:ttiwwop:

** EDIT ** I think out lack of warmth is getting to me. End of rant ;)

SoCal been getting rain. Barely stopped recently.
Im always workn so pants it is...
Wifey, well......u already know :lol
Everything works on my dirty bucket :shrug

Rule77 01-24-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )
I called my dealer.
They said they were familiar with it.
They also said that VINs would have been assigned prior to formally issuing the Recall. (I'm not 100% convinced)

They ran my VIN, and while my build date qualifies, they state my car does not, for reasons unknown.
It was indicated that the number of VINs involved may be expanded on, but this was currently speculation.

So, it seems to be in Canada.
My build date qualifies. My injectors leaked.
My VIN doesn't seem to qualify and they are not sure why, and suggest there is no recourse to inquire as to why. (BMW Canada certainly didn't help earlier today)

Gotta love the clarity.



Well that’s not what I wanted to hear ��

Edit*** I reached out to my service advisor here in Kansas City and once I have any info I’ll let you know.

N54_ABQ 01-24-2020 03:47 PM

My VIN does NOT currently show any eligible recalls.

I also checked with the dealer to see if injectors on my car had EVER been replaced, recall or not, and there was no record.
Build date is 07/2007, so I will just have to keep checking. :confused:

codesx 01-24-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N54_ABQ (Post )
My VIN does NOT currently show any eligible recalls.

I also checked with the dealer to see if injectors on my car had EVER been replaced, recall or not, and there was no record.
Build date is 07/2007, so I will just have to keep checking. :confused:


That's interesting.
Mine qualified for a 2011 'review'.
They looked but never changed anything per their records.
I wondered if this 'check' removed me from a priority list of VINs.
I'll hold hope for a week or month as details come in.

This could me my gateway-funds for RB Twos Plus. I'll be chasing this!

Rule77 01-24-2020 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well Iím in the same boat. My build date is 9/6/2008

This is from my service advisor

HKD126 01-24-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )
That's interesting.
Mine qualified for a 2011 'review'.
They looked but never changed anything per their records.
I wondered if this 'check' removed me from a priority list of VINs.
I'll hold hope for a week or month as details come in.

This could me my gateway-funds for RB Twos Plus. I'll be chasing this!

Those RB Two Plus turbos are great. Love mine.

codesx 01-24-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE BEAST (Post )
Wifey, well......u already know :lol


The stars lined up for you BEAST! :drool:

codesx 01-24-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKD126 (Post )
Those RB Two Plus turbos are great. Love mine.


Nice to hear! :burnrubber:

THE BEAST 01-24-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codesx (Post )
The stars lined up for you BEAST! :drool:

Thanks, but too kind. :)

SlimE92 01-24-2020 11:28 PM

:)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com