N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

steel234 04-04-2019 02:31 PM

I think your fuel is not good enough.

I have there 102 RON Fuel (~93-95 AKI) and I mix it with E85 to E30-E35, then are the logs perfect. If I use "bad" Fuel 98 RON, I dont get boost over 18-19 PSI.

Knocking protection?

Blessed 04-04-2019 11:28 PM

Thinking of getting the JB4. Just got a new RS5 sportback. Has factory sport exhaust. Looking to get an x pipe or down pipe that will be carb legal but nothing out yet. Might just do intake for now. What map is recommended for a bone stock RS5 to give it some more grunt in the 1/4 mile yet keep things pretty safe with factory cooling systems? Iím in CA so 91 octane is the best we have :(

George @ BMS 04-05-2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessed (Post )
Thinking of getting the JB4. Just got a new RS5 sportback. Has factory sport exhaust. Looking to get an x pipe or down pipe that will be carb legal but nothing out yet. Might just do intake for now. What map is recommended for a bone stock RS5 to give it some more grunt in the 1/4 mile yet keep things pretty safe with factory cooling systems? Iím in CA so 91 octane is the best we have :(

From the logs we have been seeing map 1 and 2 are good for 91. If you got E85 where you fill up we can do a mix and it makes a large difference how hard we can push.

Blessed 04-05-2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
From the logs we have been seeing map 1 and 2 are good for 91. If you got E85 where you fill up we can do a mix and it makes a large difference how hard we can push.

Thanks. What type of power gains can I expect on a dyno with map 1/2?

George @ BMS 04-05-2019 07:03 AM

Quote:

40-50whp.

kanemari 04-06-2019 12:48 AM

has anyone with a right hand drive s4 managed to do a hidden install for the obcd wiring from the engine bay to the ****pit? i can't for the life of me find the rubber plugs to pierce and pass the wire through... i did the quick version along the inside of the door so far but want the cleaner option.

George @ BMS 04-06-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanemari (Post )
has anyone with a right hand drive s4 managed to do a hidden install for the obcd wiring from the engine bay to the ****pit? i can't for the life of me find the rubber plugs to pierce and pass the wire through... i did the quick version along the inside of the door so far but want the cleaner option.

I have reached out to a few people who have fitted on RHD and will see if I get a response. If you decide to search let us know and we can add it to the install guide. Typically the grommet found on the LHD will be on your car too, you will need to pass the OBD cable over the tunnel though.

steel234 04-07-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

-1 to -1,5s 100-200 km/h. ;)

kanemari 04-08-2019 05:28 PM

after taking the car in for a service and trying to reinstall I'm having issues I didn't have the first time around. initially i got an error that the turbo was disconnected, which wouldn't clear despite checking all the connections. i then couldn't connect to the jb4 at all so completely removed it and tried again.

now it connects and seems relatively normal but i get a 'bad read' error when trying to read engine codes. have tried reversing the obd cable connector at the jb4 end but no luck so far.

I've got an obd eleven so not that worried about clearing faults, but more worried if the jb4 isn't getting the right data from the car.

any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks

kanemari 04-08-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

after taking the car in for a service and trying to reinstall I'm having issues

any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks

never mind all sorted. the obd plug was connected wrong, but the jb4 still wasn't picking up any codes or metrics even after i corrected it. needed to power off the engine and turn on again, and it started working. i guess when the jb4 powers on there is some sort of authentication to the obd port that gets missed when the cable is connected after power up.

Terry @ BMS 04-08-2019 08:19 PM

Just email george@burgertuning.com in the future if you need assistance. :)

George @ BMS 04-09-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

never mind all sorted. the obd plug was connected wrong, but the jb4 still wasn't picking up any codes or metrics even after i corrected it. needed to power off the engine and turn on again, and it started working. i guess when the jb4 powers on there is some sort of authentication to the obd port that gets missed when the cable is connected after power up.

Happy its sorted.

doady22 04-11-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Also make sure you populate your settings for BCM as seen below.

https://i.postimg.cc/2jJ6t6mV/S4-BCMSettings.jpg

So I populated the BCM settings as instructed. I click save configuration. Do I have to load the BCM settings everytime I open the app? When I click save and exit out of the app and restart it I have re-populate the settings. Also my installer said it was very straight forward to plug everything in and connect the bcm, any other things I need to do before I pick the car up?

George @ BMS 04-11-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doady22 (Post )
So I populated the BCM settings as instructed. I click save configuration. Do I have to load the BCM settings everytime I open the app? When I click save and exit out of the app and restart it I have re-populate the settings. Also my installer said it was very straight forward to plug everything in and connect the bcm, any other things I need to do before I pick the car up?

The app is just a window to see settings that are stored on the JB4. To make changes you need to connect to the JB4, puch new values in and save. They will appear then next time you connect.

doady22 04-11-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

The app is just a window to see settings that are stored on the JB4. To make changes you need to connect to the JB4, puch new values in and save. They will appear then next time you connect.

Makes sense! Thank you can't wait to start logging here soon! Appreciate all the help!

Terry @ BMS 04-12-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Yes that will cause problems every time. It has to be plugged in so the latch snaps down on the clip. Otherwise, it's not oriented right and things won't work. :drinking:

doady22 04-16-2019 08:25 AM

Got codes P01302 AND P0804 today, thoughts?

Terry @ BMS 04-16-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doady22 (Post )
Got codes P01302 AND P0804 today, thoughts?

For any codes best to just email in to George so we can help you sort it out. I don't have descriptions for most of them. george@burgertuning.com

doady22 04-16-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
For any codes best to just email in to George so we can help you sort it out. I don't have descriptions for most of them. george@burgertuning.com

Sounds good, will do!

B9RS4.SedanNow 04-16-2019 10:25 PM

I just put an IE intercooler on the car. My IATs are consistently near ambient at low boost and about 20ish over ambient when really flogging the car. I’m running E35. My logs looked good on map 5 & 6 during the early spring with stock IC, but it’s getting warmer now which is why I got the intercooler.

At what IAT or ambient should I be dialing back the map? Is there a timing number or something that I can look at to tell when the IAT is too high for power that I’m asking for from the car?

George @ BMS 04-17-2019 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B9RS4.SedanNow (Post )
I just put an IE intercooler on the car. My IATs are consistently near ambient at low boost and about 20ish over ambient when really flogging the car. Iím running E35. My logs looked good on map 5 & 6 during the early spring with stock IC, but itís getting warmer now which is why I got the intercooler.

At what IAT or ambient should I be dialing back the map? Is there a timing number or something that I can look at to tell when the IAT is too high for power that Iím asking for from the car?

Dial it back when you start seeing large timing adaptions Ign2-6. If you see large drop offs of Ign1 at higher rpm step it back as well. If uncertain feel free to shoot over some logs.

Alanassar 04-27-2019 04:11 PM

Wmi Audi s5 b9

Hi! Im thinking to buy the wmi for the s5/s4, does anyone has some guiadance or photos to install it? I have apr ic but I think it doesnít have the wmi nozzle
Thank you !!

Terry @ BMS 04-27-2019 04:12 PM

It's relatively straight forward, should be some photos in here if not Payam can add some.

Alanassar 04-27-2019 04:26 PM

Thanks terry! Payam are you here ? �� can you help me ?

Stankia 04-27-2019 06:13 PM

Anyone run this on a S5 SB? The install guide pics for the OBD harness look different than on my car:

https://i.imgur.com/tw6I8DX.jpg

Can't find a way to run the harness to the engine bay.