N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

Terry @ BMS 12-16-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtjdee (Post )
Map 3, WOT about 2 seconds in.

233F was normally triggered when letting off the gas suddenly on a high boost level, is that the same condition you're able to trigger it? I'll have to poke around there to see how we made it worse. But, one quick test: Set 6cyl timing = 10 in the user adjustment page and let me know if that improves it. That is a mislabeled setting that controls how boost is adjusted in the manifold vs. the TMAP sensor.

Terry @ BMS 12-16-2018 03:52 PM

tegxsi 12-16-2018 06:13 PM

Is it possible to make it display min/max values under each gauge? Doesn't need to be big text and the ability to reset would be good also.

Terry @ BMS 12-16-2018 06:47 PM

I think the app has settings for it, at least it did at one point. But it's not really accurate or useful. Boost is sampled in front of the throttle body for example so when you let off the gas the throttle closes and the reading can jump up to 20psi or whatever for a moment, even stock. AFR moves around from 0-20:1 based on decel fuel cutoff, same for timing, so there are not a lot of parameters where it might be useful.

B9S4 12-18-2018 09:22 AM

Have you received the wmi adapters yet? i get some time off next week to install so hoping to be able to get it before then :)

George @ BMS 12-18-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B9S4 (Post )
Have you received the wmi adapters yet? i get some time off next week to install so hoping to be able to get it before then :)

Will post the moment they in.

B9S4 12-18-2018 12:02 PM

Thanks George!

B9S4 12-19-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS (Post )
We are using a BM10 with stock turbo. The car we're testing actually will be the same hybrid setup as you. So I'll have more info on how the single BM10 does.

There are 2 spots for nozzles on the meth spacer.

Are there any plans to tap the o2 sensor to run a little richer? Do you think there should be any concern running the hybrid turbo at stock afr?

George @ BMS 12-20-2018 03:07 PM

Audi B9 RS5 JB4 dyno testing

We managed to get a RS5 on a linked 4wd dyno for some testing. The car is otherwise stock running 93oct/98ron.
We used similar boost profiles to what the S4 uses.
Runs are map 0, 3 and 5 all on 93. Run 5 looked promising but not sure why the power dropped out. We ran out of dyno time so next time round we will evaluate.
In the midrange the gains are 50whp and 70ft lb giving the car a massive kick when on the roll.
We will be going back and testing a E85 mix and then will create optimized boost profiles for the car.

Initial impressions are that the torque can be raised by quite a bit more but there are challenges higher up the rpm range that might be due to hardware restriction or flow capacity from the turbos. This is one of a few cars that car going full bolt on with the mods so we will soon find out.

https://i.postimg.cc/YC6f6hsd/RS5dynocropped.jpg

wires 12-22-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
JB4_SENT_AUDI_S4_2 is the latest. See if the issue is solved with that.

Is this version applicable for us SQ5 guys as well or just the S4?

George @ BMS 12-22-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wires (Post )
Is this version applicable for us SQ5 guys as well or just the S4?

Yes.

wires 12-23-2018 08:38 AM

Thanks George. Just loaded it.

TEKNIKA 12-24-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

We managed to get a RS5 on a linked 4wd dyno for some testing. The car is otherwise stock running 93oct/98ron.
We used similar boost profiles to what the S4 uses.
Runs are map 0, 3 and 5 all on 93. Run 5 looked promising but not sure why the power dropped out. We ran out of dyno time so next time round we will evaluate.
In the midrange the gains are 50whp and 70ft lb giving the car a massive kick when on the roll.
We will be going back and testing a E85 mix and then will create optimized boost profiles for the car.

Initial impressions are that the torque can be raised by quite a bit more but there are challenges higher up the rpm range that might be due to hardware restriction or flow capacity from the turbos. This is one of a few cars that car going full bolt on with the mods so we will soon find out.

https://i.postimg.cc/YC6f6hsd/RS5dynocropped.jpg

George, thank you for sharing this. I am truly excited to see what new discoveries we find at the next dyno session. The gains from the basic S4 MAP thus far are quite significant over stock already. I can only imagine what will be possible with a B9 RS5 specific MAP. The question is, what will be the limiting factor? Will it be the injectors, turbos, timing, boost, etc.?

I will have the Roc-Euro intake installed before the next dyno session to see what gains are available from less airflow restriction. The AWE Touring Exhaust and Downp1pes should be in early January 2019. I am hoping to have performance catalytic converters ordered and installed at the same time to complete the intake/exhaust flow components of the vehicle.

Barring the aforementioned potential limitations, I am truly confident that 600HP/600TQ are within reach with the BMS JB4, complete bolt-on upgrades and a touch of E85.

steel234 12-29-2018 05:08 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Im from Europe and Im driven S4 Avant, mileage ca. 10000 km.

There are some of my Dragy logs with full stock car (98 RON standard fuel from a standard cheap gas station, no race fuel, no e85).
The difference is not very big.

hm..... Is my car too fast or JB4 needs more agressive mapping?

Terry @ BMS 12-29-2018 05:12 PM

Post the JB4 logs from your runs and let's see.

George @ BMS 12-29-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel234 (Post )
Hello,

Im from Europe and Im driven S4 Avant, mileage ca. 10000 km.

There are some of my Dragy logs with full stock car (98 RON standard fuel from a standard cheap gas station, no race fuel, no e85).
The difference is not very big.

hm..... Is my car too fast or JB4 needs more agressive mapping?

It doesnt look like its accelerating any faster with JB4. Can you run some logs amd email to george@burgertuning.com and we can evaluate what its doing.

vtjdee 01-02-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
233F was normally triggered when letting off the gas suddenly on a high boost level, is that the same condition you're able to trigger it? I'll have to poke around there to see how we made it worse. But, one quick test: Set 6cyl timing = 10 in the user adjustment page and let me know if that improves it. That is a mislabeled setting that controls how boost is adjusted in the manifold vs. the TMAP sensor.

Well...I haven't had the code trigger again once I updated back to the latest firmware again. I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know if it pops back up. Otherwise, all has been great.

steel234 01-04-2019 04:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

It doesnt look like its accelerating any faster with JB4. Can you run some logs amd email to george@burgertuning.com and we can evaluate what its doing.

Oh sorry guys, everything is fine. The car was full stock without JB4, the former screenshots of Dragy were without any tuning. Its S4 Avant.

Now I have my JB4 :) Thx u for amazing fast shipping vom CA to France :)

Everythin is fine, but I got today a christmas three with 0233F and failure of many systems, parking brake, ACC, PreSence ans so on. (Map3).
Conditions: fast acceleration from stop (without LC), sharp turn.

After restart of engine it was gone.

I took some measures on dragy with Map 2 und 3. Looks nice.

Terry @ BMS 01-04-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Everythin is fine, but I got today a christmas three with 0233F and failure of many systems, parking brake, ACC, PreSence ans so on. (Map3).

I'm still working on that one, slow going as only a couple cars can produce it. Set 6cyl timing = 10 to see if it helps.

steel234 01-04-2019 04:43 PM

Ok thank you, Ill try it tomorrow.

RLB6 01-05-2019 09:11 AM

George,

Any estimates on HP increase when using Map5 with E30 mix? Also, In having to supply race fuel or an ethanol mix at +6psi, is it safe to assume that this is the limit for the stock turbo/fuel pump?

wires 01-05-2019 03:40 PM

I've had this on my SQ5 for a little over 2 months now, and it's been flawless for me. Took it off for a couple days prior to first service of the vehicle, and I was stunned how lethargic it felt without the JB4 installed.

I drive in sport/dynamic all the time. Throttle response felt like it was running drive/dynamic, and multiple times I had to flick the shifter to the left to confirm it was correct.

I find the SQ5 fun as heck to drive with the extra power. I usually grab the keys for it on the weekend for the family outings (for the space, cabin quietness and sound system). If I had to go back to stock (even though it's got a "pathetic" 354HP :) ), I'd be picking the BMW instead.

Super pleased!

steel234 01-06-2019 01:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Today I filled some E85 (20 Litre to a half full tank with 98 RON Shell gasoline inside) and filled the rest with 102 RON Premium Gasoline up.

Swithced to map 5... And I was surprised, the logging times are slower as with Map3 ans 98 RON fuel yesterday.

Is my mixed fuel all the same worse as Standard 98 RON Shell?

George @ BMS 01-06-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Today I filled some E85 (20 Litre to a half full tank with 98 RON Shell gasoline inside) and filled the rest with 102 RON Premium Gasoline up.

Swithced to map 5... And I was surprised, the logging times are slower as with Map3 ans 98 RON fuel yesterday.

Is my mixed fuel all the same worse as Standard 98 RON Shell?

The log looks good. You 98ron run seems to be on slight down hill gradient so that could have a impact.
Does the car fee smoother overall vs the without the E845mix.

steel234 01-06-2019 07:25 AM

Maybe.. And today was very rainy. I ll try it tomorrow on same place as 98RON run.
Are there ignition retards in the log?

Intresting is lower boost in E85 Mix Run as in 98 RON run. Here ist the log (sorry very long, timestamp: 2050.50 - over 21 psi and 2534.50 -19.7 psi.

Thx.

PS: sh... too big for Forum.

Here --> Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The car feels smoth, runs good.