N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for 2018+ B9 AUDI S4, S5, SQ5, RS4, RS5 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49608)

Nez136 10-25-2018 01:09 PM

Well I listened to some advice from a fellow member and he said if you slowly let off the gas the lights won’t all come on. So that worked today for me but as soon as I tried to manipulate the dash lights by letting off right away they all came on again. This was after firmware update last night.

Terry @ BMS 10-25-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nez136 (Post )
Well I listened to some advice from a fellow member and he said if you slowly let off the gas the lights won’t all come on. So that worked today for me but as soon as I tried to manipulate the dash lights by letting off right away they all came on again. This was after firmware update last night.

Capture a JB4 log of it coming up and email it in, and we'll work with you on it.

spindlewood 10-25-2018 04:21 PM

Just got a Drive System Malfunction. Driving home after 30 minutes - no pulls. Just turned off the main road, driving maybe 20 mph going up a hill. I switched to Map 2 this morning on the way to work. The past 3 days had been in Map 3 without issue.

Codes:
8A4D No Description Found
8176 No Description Found

The codes cleared.

Should I flash the new Firmware: AUDI_JB4_SENT_T7 that Terry just uploaded? I was planning on going back to Map 3 tomorrow.

George @ BMS 10-25-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindlewood (Post )
Just got a Drive System Malfunction. Driving home after 30 minutes - no pulls. Just turned off the main road, driving maybe 20 mph going up a hill. I switched to Map 2 this morning on the way to work. The past 3 days had been in Map 3 without issue.

Codes:
8A4D No Description Found
8176 No Description Found

The codes cleared.

Should I flash the new Firmware: AUDI_JB4_SENT_T7 that Terry just uploaded? I was planning on going back to Map 3 tomorrow.

Those relate to the IAT bug so map selection wont matter. You can run with the firmware you have on and evaluate if you having any other issues.

spindlewood 10-25-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Those relate to the IAT bug so map selection wont matter. You can run with the firmware you have on and evaluate if you having any other issues.

Thanks for your quick response as always. Looking forward to when you figure this out.

Terry @ BMS 10-26-2018 03:48 PM

I have a SENT chip update I could use a couple testers on, ideally someone who triggers the IAT fault frequently. So we can see if the new chip resolves or changes the frequency. For this specific update we have to mail you a chip to pop on the JB4 control board. Just drop me an email terry@burgertuning.com

wires 10-29-2018 06:31 AM

Knock on wood -- running about 2 weeks with no fault codes.

George @ BMS 10-29-2018 03:04 PM

To replace the chip that will be sent to the guys that emailed in use the below diagram to identify it.

The chip is in the red square. All you need is some flat to lift it up. Get the one side up a bit and lift the other so you don't land up bending the legs.

When placing the other one note encircled in red there is a little notch that will help you to get the right direction of the replacement chip.

https://i.postimg.cc/yxFNHtZ3/SENTChip1.jpg

spindlewood 10-29-2018 05:11 PM

Finally got the chance to do a WOT pull in map 3. Was going too fast in no time (speedometer can't keep up :)) and had to immediately let up on the throttle. Ended up with every fault message imaginable. Logs showed 8176 and 233F. After shutting car off and then power back on, a tire pressure monitor message remained for good measure. Cleared the codes. I will send along the log via PM which I happened to record of the run. I will flash the new firmware since this sounds identical to the previous report, unless you advise otherwise. I switched to map 0 since it is a bit unnerving to have Christmas in November with all the lights.

George @ BMS 10-29-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindlewood (Post )
Finally got the chance to do a WOT pull in map 3. Was going too fast in no time (speedometer can't keep up :)) and had to immediately let up on the throttle. Ended up with every fault message imaginable. Logs showed 8176 and 233F. After shutting car off and then power back on, a tire pressure monitor message remained for good measure. Cleared the codes. I will send along the log via PM which I happened to record of the run. I will flash the new firmware since this sounds identical to the previous report, unless you advise otherwise. I switched to map 0 since it is a bit unnerving to have Christmas in November with all the lights.

Logs looks to be in map 0.

Email terry@burgertuning.com and he can send the chip to swop out since you get it so often.

wires 10-29-2018 06:18 PM

Question about mapping. I'm using Map 3 right now, playing with the software, under "User Adjustment", is fields for map 6.

Can I play with those numbers and it updates map 6 in the unit? Is the ramp up/down at the RPM endpoints the same as map 1, 2 & 3. Just curious as I'd want to set max to 4PSI, and keep the roll-off at the high end, but play with the lower RPM's.

Terry @ BMS 10-29-2018 08:42 PM

Map6 is active as an additive map, but keep all the values below 5psi for now.

wires 10-30-2018 06:13 AM

Makes sense, thanks for clarification.

Terry @ BMS 10-30-2018 06:23 PM

Just saw this posted, car is all stock with different rims. :)

wires 10-30-2018 06:26 PM

That is just insanely cool. :)

Terry @ BMS 10-31-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wires (Post )
Knock on wood -- running about 2 weeks with no fault codes.

Yes it seems to effect some software builds more than others. Which makes it tricky to track down and resolve. It's totally harmless, just an annoyance we need to resolve before taking the product out of BETA and beginning the CARB certification process.

wires 10-31-2018 12:30 PM

I have no real concerns since it's a minor fault. I do know from the engineering side what a PITA it is when you get those one in a million failures with no use case to replicate though. :(

userbbc 11-01-2018 06:19 PM

had another drive system malfunction error today (second one since installation)

upgraded firmware from stock as received to t7 and will see how it goes.

Not sure if i missed any information on this in the video, but is the firmware cumulative? or do we need to install all previous firmware prior to installing the latest?

George @ BMS 11-01-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by userbbc (Post )
had another drive system malfunction error today (second one since installation)

upgraded firmware from stock as received to t7 and will see how it goes.

Not sure if i missed any information on this in the video, but is the firmware cumulative? or do we need to install all previous firmware prior to installing the latest?

No need to install in sequence.

wyld 11-02-2018 11:19 AM

I thought the IAT drops were causing/contributing/related to the Drive System Malfunction error. Is the T7 firmware for IAT and the new chip for the Drive System? If so, sounds like I should get the new chip.

George @ BMS 11-02-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyld (Post )
I thought the IAT drops were causing/contributing/related to the Drive System Malfunction error. Is the T7 firmware for IAT and the new chip for the Drive System? If so, sounds like I should get the new chip.

They related.
Certain updates can only be done with a chip swop. We are shipping something new out to users that are getting it often to see if the problem is solved. If so we will forward to chip to swop to all users that have purchased.

Kekela98a 11-05-2018 10:47 AM

So far no drive malfunction with the next firmware and the new chip module x 1 week. We're getting some heavy rain in NY tomorrow, so I'll take a day trip to NJ to see if I can trigger it. I notice it comes on more often with rain in my case.

wyld 11-06-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kekela98a (Post )
So far no drive malfunction with the next firmware and the new chip module x 1 week. We're getting some heavy rain in NY tomorrow, so I'll take a day trip to NJ to see if I can trigger it. I notice it comes on more often with rain in my case.

That's good news! Try turning the AC off and coming to a complete stop, then going in reverse. Also try with auto-start-stop on/off. Those seem to trigger it for me.

Terry @ BMS 11-06-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyld (Post )
That's good news! Try turning the AC off and coming to a complete stop, then going in reverse. Also try with auto-start-stop on/off. Those seem to trigger it for me.

If you can trigger it easily we can send you an updated chip to test!

Bvanni 11-09-2018 12:26 PM

Has anyone used Map 5 with E85 yet. I'm curious how it's working for everyone? Can the stock fuel pump keep up?