N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New LSD (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23983)

alexx 03-25-2014 09:27 AM

New LSD
 
hey guys,
i don't know if anyone has posted this up here because i couldn't find anything when searching but its being talked about on the other forums with one of them having a couple positive review's already.

The company is called MFactory and they are selling LSD's at a great price compared to the market now.
Unfortunately its only for bolted diffs at the time but they are working on something for the welded guys also.
It is the same helical type LSD as the Quaife's that some people use.

I WONT POST ANY LINKS OR PRICES UNTIL SOMEONE SAYS ITS OKAY TO DO,but im sure everyone knows what forums they could check.

i have no affiliation with this company i am just spreading the word to start another list to get the 20% off with 5+ orders (group buy type deal)

alexx 03-25-2014 10:22 AM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23913

there's actually a thread on here that one of the 535 guys made, i saw his posts on the other forums.

najin23 03-25-2014 12:20 PM

799 is a great price. But it's not anymore on ebay. Do ebay search and you will be able to see price, but I say why not disclosing all the price info here. Wavetrac is about $1200-1300, and quaife is about $1600. So 799 sure is attractive only if it's working.

alexx 03-25-2014 12:23 PM

799.99 is the 20% off price 999.99 is the regular price
there are 2 reviews on another forum,both working perfectly for now as they have just been installed. one a couple days ago,the other a few weeks now has had it.

najin23 03-25-2014 12:27 PM

hmmmmm...if that 799 still holds, it's worth it to be a pig.

alexx 03-25-2014 12:35 PM

again the 799 is only for 5+ orders so that you get 20% off

if anyone is interested in starting a list please do so,ill be number one so just 4 more

alexx 03-25-2014 12:46 PM

couple reviews


1---- I fitted the M Factory Helical LSD to my E92 335i 2 weeks ago and so far so good. It took me 5 hrs start to finish to fit (bolted diff), and was really straightforward.
As for the difference it is night and day. The car no longer struggles for traction and it makes for miles more fun in the corners! Its also very quiet, probably more so than the factory diff.
I had a Quaife lsd fitted to my older E90 330D (still 320Bhp/700+ Nm) and I have to say the M factory is superior; Overall the car is miles more predictable!
I didn't make my decision based on price either, Just was disappointed with my Quaife last time and fancied a change and had been recommended the M factory from a couple of guys I know who race hondas.

2----Just got done installing my M Factory helical LSD, Fitment was perfect as i installed it myself with no problems, no grinding away of the case or any backlash issues. Overall VERY happy with the performance, no noises what so ever while turning, accelerating or on decel. Well see in the long run how it works out but right now i cant stop smiling well worth the savings imo

najin23 03-25-2014 01:13 PM

I am in. I've wanted one so bad over the past couple years, and I don't think I am too late for this 70k miles motor.
MY06 MT 335i. Bigger pumpkin is all I know about it. Def bolted I presume. confirm plz. R you the lead?

Payam @ BMS 03-25-2014 03:25 PM

I really want this on my car.

alexx 03-25-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by najin23 (Post )
I am in. I've wanted one so bad over the past couple years, and I don't think I am too late for this 70k miles motor.
MY06 MT 335i. Bigger pumpkin is all I know about it. Def bolted I presume. confirm plz. R you the lead?

I have nothing to do with the MFactory LSD or their company I'm just raiding all the forums trying to get 4 more people on this list to save some extra money!!
I'm pretty sure thats all the info they would need from you to set you up.
so can i start a list adding you to number 2?

alexx 03-25-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastGti69 (Post )
I really want this on my car.

lets do this man,you know it'll go nice with that single:burnrubber:

Payam @ BMS 03-25-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexx (Post )
lets do this man,you know it'll go nice with that single:burnrubber:

I know lol. I'm waiting till Mfactory does installation. I really don't want to get my hands dirty with the diff. The other stuff and fabrication is enough and I'm not even doing the work LOL. After the single is done I'll probably do it at the shop I work at. We'll see how it goes in a couple of weeks.

alexx 03-25-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastGti69 (Post )
I know lol. I'm waiting till Mfactory does installation. I really don't want to get my hands dirty with the diff. The other stuff and fabrication is enough and I'm not even doing the work LOL. After the single is done I'll probably do it at the shop I work at. We'll see how it goes in a couple of weeks.

you live in California man...there's probably a shop around the corner more qualified then half of the shops in Toronto hahaha :slap
help a brother out and join the list:cry:

najin23 03-25-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexx (Post )
I have nothing to do with the MFactory LSD or their company I'm just raiding all the forums trying to get 4 more people on this list to save some extra money!!
I'm pretty sure thats all the info they would need from you to set you up.
so can i start a list adding you to number 2?

right on.

Payam @ BMS 03-25-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexx (Post )
you live in California man...there's probably a shop around the corner more qualified then half of the shops in Toronto hahaha :slap
help a brother out and join the list:cry:

LMAO, I totally agree. We'll see how it goes, for now I just gotta get the car started and tuned before Shift s3ctor. I'm running really late!

NJz 03-25-2014 11:12 PM

Add me to the list if it works on a 2008 135i 6AT.

najin23 03-26-2014 08:18 AM

we have 3 so far? Let's get this working people before this GB deal gets away.
2 more to go.
Alexx, once we get more than 5 orders, will you contact the Mfactory?

alexx 03-26-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by najin23 (Post )
we have 3 so far? Let's get this working people before this GB deal gets away.
2 more to go.
Alexx, once we get more than 5 orders, will you contact the Mfactory?

im trying to get them to sign up here so that they can keep track of usernames and payments.

this would also not count as 3, me and you have MT so we would be 2 for MT and have 1 for AT. i will ask just to be sure but im pretty sure it needs to be 5 MT or 5 AT to get the 20% off.

alexx 03-26-2014 08:22 AM

MT Bolted Diff-
1.Alexx
2.najin23
3.
4.
5.

AT Bolted Diff-
1.NJz-pending on other forum for left over unit

elijahcole92 03-26-2014 08:24 AM

Are they offering kits for the welded guys as well? What about 3.46 ratios?

najin23 03-26-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexx (Post )
im trying to get them to sign up here so that they can keep track of usernames and payments.

this would also not count as 3, me and you have MT so we would be 2 for MT and have 1 for AT. i will ask just to be sure but im pretty sure it needs to be 5 MT or 5 AT to get the 20% off.

Thought the GB was just 5+ total orders. Check on that plz

alexx 03-26-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elijahcole92 (Post )
Are they offering kits for the welded guys as well? What about 3.46 ratios?

this is a quote directly from MFactory regarding the wleded diff situation. I think i read somewhere that it is possible to change gear ratios if ordered.


"Our ring & pinion is under development just now, but this is still around 2-3 months away yet (again, one of the disadvantages of forging vs "billet").

But yes, when it is ready, there will be a promotion on them.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to wait, you can try to source an oem ring gear from a bolted MT or AT large diff, although these are quite expensive and hard to find."

alexx 03-26-2014 09:33 AM

Got confirmation....we need 5+ MT or 5+ AT.
I have a MT so that is the list im going to be more focused on.

najin23 03-26-2014 09:37 AM

Thanks brother. lets keep it up.

MFactory 03-26-2014 10:31 AM

Yes, the group buy list is 5 "per fitment" i.e MT or AT

For our welded diff solution, we will be offering both 3.08 and 3.46 ratios.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Copyright 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com