N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support & Log Review (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Help! MHD+JB4 Map7 Logs 👉**** Show (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57892)

ecarver2 05-08-2019 05:33 AM

Help! MHD+JB4 Map7 Logs 👉**** Show

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Gang!

I hope to get some guidance on my Post-MHD/JB4BEF Settings :confused: I just MHD flashed my b58 with a JB4 BEF (ver.58/13/5 -- Map 7) and also flashed the TCU with x-hp (Stage 3).

I must be having substantial issues with my WMI and User-adjustable settings because I am experiencing the following:
  • Both transient & WOT are jerky—feels like throttle closures and I can hear the BOV opening when it happens.
  • Meth initiation is not consistent—sometimes it comes in on the gear (2nd) that I start logging, sometimes it doesn’t.
  • I can't maintain target boost
  • AFRs are dropping enough to sometimes trigger a 118002 error "Mixture too rich"
  • Overall, the car feels just as powerful and smooth as it did before the MHD :shrug

FYI:
  • I live in Denver (5,500’ altitude)
  • These issues were not nearly as noticeable before switching to the MHD flash.
  • I have posted 3 WOT logs and 2 Transient Throttle Logs—both conditions are having the same issues but throttle closures are much more apparent on Transient...

2016 340i xDrive M sport Auto with 15K miles. MODS BELOW:
  • MHD & JB4 BEF (Map 7)
  • x-hp TCU FLash (Stage 3)
  • Running e40 (Verified) fuel
  • VRSF ***-less **
  • M Sport exhaust
  • Agency Power intake
  • BMS Stealth Meth kit (100% Meth —> DUAL BM7 Nozzles)

dRDiesel 05-08-2019 05:49 AM

Your fuel trims are high and meth isn't kicking on you can only see it pushing 50% halfway through your first log. It should be 100% during WOT.

Did you just install this kit? Recheck everything or it can possibly be a bad FSB. Prime the pump with the app?

Also post your logs in the BEF thread or email them directly to Terry for now: B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

ecarver2 05-08-2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dRDiesel (Post )
Your fuel trims are high and meth isn't kicking on you can only see it pushing 50% halfway through your first log. It should be 100% during WOT.

Did you just install this kit? Recheck everything or it can possibly be a bad FSB. Prime the pump with the app?

Also post your logs in the BEF thread or email them directly to Terry for now: B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

____

RE: Fuel Trims: I see that but I'm not sure how to adjust the settings to lower them and think I need to sort the meth out before I start applying

Re: Meth not kicking in: I've noticed that and think it is pretty weird; the system has been installed for ~9 months and works perfectly [just tested the whole thing].

I will post the logs there now, probably more effective than just emailing to Terry.

Terry @ BMS 05-08-2019 09:18 AM

Don't need the threads doubled up. Removed this one as you posted in the B58 flash thread already.