N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   JB4 Mobile (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Gauges stopped working. App Build 2.5.5(9799) FW/58/17//5 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66488)

theyboosting 09-14-2021 04:53 PM

Gauges stopped working. App Build 2.5.5(9799) FW/58/17//5

Installed JB4+ on X2 F39 today.. everything worked perfectly. Went inside for a few hours and noticed the gauges on the app aren't showing any values ... only boost and map 1

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

please advise?

theyboosting 09-14-2021 06:30 PM

I also ran data logging from the mobile app (which worked) if anyones interested in as to why this interface would go blank on its own without any intervention from me.

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 09-15-2021 09:52 AM

That's typically due to the OBDII plug not being seated correctly.

theyboosting 09-15-2021 12:21 PM

That was my first assumption as well from reading the FAQ , the ODB2 lead and the JB4 lead is a locking fit with a clip? If so I believe its on correctly, but I will double check and check the pin outs...

Thank you for your reply,

Kris

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 09-16-2021 06:24 PM

That and make sure that the connection at the OBDII port is still seated properly. Then verify there is no damage to the OBDII cable.

theyboosting 09-17-2021 11:06 AM

I have a new one arriving today. It doesn't look crimped or pinched in any spots? maybe when its inserted into the obd2 port and I angled the cable upwards (under the dash) and zip tied the slack it made a pinch somewhere...

Regardless ill install the replacement and report back

fpdlhlee 10-01-2021 12:44 AM

I'm suffering from the same problem. Damn..
I hope the OBD cable could fix it.
Good luck, mate.

theyboosting 10-01-2021 07:05 PM

Did yours work initially then stop working?

jbradt 10-15-2021 04:45 AM

I have the same issue. So far the new cable seems to work but like you, it was working then stopped out of the blue. No crimps or damage.

Terry @ BMS 10-19-2021 02:38 PM

If only boost and map show, but nothing else, it's a CANbus/OBDII based issue. If you can't sort it just email our support@burgertuning.com and we'll try to help you figure it out.

Florick55 10-29-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
If only boost and map show, but nothing else, it's a CANbus/OBDII based issue. If you can't sort it just email our support@burgertuning.com and we'll try to help you figure it out.

HEY GUYS,
new to the forum and new to the JB4, i am having similar issues. all my gauges show when connected they just don't move or log anything. seems like my only issue is when i go to pair the care to the mobile app.. on map 0, my car runs fine but when i connect to the mobile app all my dash warning lights flicker on and off every few seconds like the car auxiliary power would shut off and then kick on. tried updating multiple times and have redone installation but no remedy yet. i did email and have tried calling to see if someone could help but still waiting to hear back to help resolve.

lucas from dmac did respond a few hours after i reached out the first time, he thinks is canbus related and said someone would reach out to help but i havent seen anything.

PLEASE HELP.

Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! 10-29-2021 11:15 AM

Sounds like it may be an issue with the Canbus (OBDII) connection. Our support@burgertuning.com team can assist you with that...it could be a bad cable.