N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   JB4 N54 Hybrid Turbo Setup Directions (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33200)

n54Jones 07-01-2017 02:43 PM

So if I'm not going to run e85 then do I need a back end flash or can I just install them and call it good?

n54Jones 07-01-2017 02:45 PM

Do I still need to get the 3.5 sensor with these turbos if I'm not running e85.

icewall 07-01-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n54Jones (Post )
So if I'm not going to run e85 then do I need a back end flash or can I just install them and call it good?

Always run a backend flash with jb4. Just run pump bef and for e85 run the hybrid e85 bef

icewall 07-01-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n54Jones (Post )
Do I still need to get the 3.5 sensor with these turbos if I'm not running e85.

Just get the 3.5 sensor and wiring harness for it. Its good for the future and makes tuning easy.

n54Jones 07-01-2017 02:49 PM

What is bef? And how do I download those backendflashes and how do I switch back and forth from the 2?

icewall 07-01-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n54Jones (Post )
What is bef? And how do I download those backendflashes and how do I switch back and forth from the 2?

Bef stands for backend flash. Lol

Also you dont know how to download the files? Really? Just download the zip files... Assuming you even have mhd. To switch flash files you just flash to a different one.

You need mhd, an android device, and a k/dcan cable.

Having mhd and a backend flash is a must.

Seeing as you dont even know the in and outs of bef files and tuning. I suggest after you flash a bef you should log a run and post it in the support section so terry can help you directly.

n54Jones 07-01-2017 05:18 PM

Thanks man im not into tuning but I'm trying to learn I am good with installing any part you can think off. I have the cables for it but I am a apple guy. So I'm.working on getting a android.

yellowfin 07-17-2017 09:27 PM

Fuel scalar and trims
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'm dialing in my new GC lites (at 18 psi for now), and noticed strong drop in trims at higher loads and rpm (see attached). FOL learns down to 50's after WOT runs down from 90 before. I'd like to adjust fuel scalar to even out.
Any advice on how to scale the scalar as function of rpm and load? My current scalar is 1.3 flat.
A while ago, Steve posted a 3D scalar going down to 1 up top from 1.4, but this was with PI. I am just on stg 2 lpfp, I assume the reduction should be less without PI, maybe from 1.3 to 1.2?

Attachment 65470

Brennan296 07-19-2017 04:27 PM

Back end flash??
 
Hello,
I run the JB4 currently. I just installed Vargas Stage 2 Hybrids. What do I have to do as far as software so I can enjoy them? I'm not extremely computer savvy. Thanks for your help.

Brennan

N54QC 07-19-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan296 (Post )
Hello,
I run the JB4 currently. I just installed Vargas Stage 2 Hybrids. What do I have to do as far as software so I can enjoy them? I'm not extremely computer savvy. Thanks for your help.

Brennan

Depending what fuel you are running, you'll have to select the appropriate BEF and flash to the car.

Brennan296 07-20-2017 06:27 AM

I am running pump gas

yellowfin 07-20-2017 07:05 AM

Fuel scalar and trims
 
1 Attachment(s)
Not sure anyone cares, but here's my scalar now. Trims still go down to 12 or so at high rpm and 150 load, but stay within range for constant FOL bias (75% at the moment).

Attachment 65565

N54QC 07-20-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan296 (Post )
I am running pump gas

Then you'll use the pump BEF

cbrvnm 08-04-2017 01:02 PM

I would like to know what settings I need for my jb4. I have a FBO 335i with hexon rr600s/inlets/outlets/stage 2 fuel pump and just installed JB4 BEF (e85) set to map 5. Is the pic in the first post what I'm suppose to have at this time as settings in map 6? I am pending to get a log, but wanted to know if that was a starting point. I am debating on getting custom tuned BEF or mhd. Besides Trebila, who custom tunes BEF? Any info would be appreciated it.

Terry @ BMS 08-04-2017 01:17 PM

Default settings in the first post... Disable RPM FF under FutureUseD, and the duty bias profile, are particularly important.

Then log whatever boost level or map you want to log. Normally map7 is a good starting point on E85.

cbrvnm 08-04-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Default settings in the first post... Disable RPM FF under FutureUseD, and the duty bias profile, are particularly important.

Then log whatever boost level or map you want to log. Normally map7 is a good starting point on E85.

I'm sorry, but do you mean to disable the duty bias or to input exactly how they are?

cbrvnm 08-04-2017 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I did some logs using the exact same settings as on the 1st post using map 7. Any recommendations?

dubversion 08-05-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrvnm (Post )
I would like to know what settings I need for my jb4. I have a FBO 335i with hexon rr600s/inlets/outlets/stage 2 fuel pump and just installed JB4 BEF (e85) set to map 5. Is the pic in the first post what I'm suppose to have at this time as settings in map 6? I am pending to get a log, but wanted to know if that was a starting point. I am debating on getting custom tuned BEF or mhd. Besides Trebila, who custom tunes BEF? Any info would be appreciated it.

Hi CBRVNM,

Any tuner that uses software (like MHD) can tune your car. Some of them will insist to turn OFF JB4, and some (like Trebila) specialize in the stacked combo of a flash tune (like MHD) and JB4 on top. Trebila does a lot of flash tune + JB4 and operates out of France and only does eTunes as far as i know. Pureboost in Germany is not a fan of JB4 but is an expert in flash tuning your car (on which you can stack JB4 later i guess). He can accommodate a street tune or even a dyno, but you'll have to go to him.

Of course there are other tuners that use the various flash tune methods for your Back End Flash, MHD is just one of the options. Personally , i prefer tuning using a dyno, but i know several tuners who will prefer a street tune, as the environment is the "real deal", where a dyno is more artificial.

My counter argument is that a dyno with good and powerful airflow and preferably an axle hub (to rule out any wheelspin) gives you a much safer and steady tuning envronment.

Anyways, maybe that's a bit off topic. In a nutshell: check your local BMW enthusiasts (via Facebook or online forums such as this one) to find the tuners they have used and read up on their experience with him/her. There's nothing "special" about tuning an N54 BMW: once the (experienced) tuner has access to and understands the software and engine type (direct injection, crappy HPFP, boot limit on stock TMAP, etc) i cannot see why they wouldn't be able to give you a great custom flash.


Kind regards,
Jeroen

Terry @ BMS 08-05-2017 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrvnm (Post )
I did some logs using the exact same settings as on the 1st post using map 7. Any recommendations?

These are not useful logs. When evaluating duty bias, tuning, etc, you'd want to do a run or two in high gear like 4th gear from 1500rpm to redline. And then another log 40-100mph (on a safe private track), to evaluate post shift behavior.

cbrvnm 08-07-2017 01:06 PM

I have a question regarding jb4 (have g5 iso with rev 3 and jb4 mobile app) and autologging. How do you turn it on or is it on by default? Are there any specific settings that need to be set?

Terry @ BMS 08-07-2017 01:15 PM

It's on by default, and adjustable on one of the tabs there.

cbrvnm 08-07-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
It's on by default, and adjustable on one of the tabs there.

Any specific pedal/seconds settings to get accurate log?

N54QC 08-07-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbrvnm (Post )
Any specific pedal/seconds settings to get accurate log?

I use 90% pedal threshold with 3 second timeout. Captures what you need while doing a WOT pass.

cbrvnm 08-07-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N54QC (Post )
I use 90% pedal threshold with 3 second timeout. Captures what you need while doing a WOT pass.

Thank you very much.

Brennan296 08-16-2017 05:25 AM

Meth and Wastegate Settings
 
Hello,
Just installed Vargas stage 2 Hybrids--Running the JB4 BEF with the Race/Meth BIN. What should my JB4 user setting be, as far as Meth flow, wastegate, etc? Thanks for your help


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com