N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   JB4 anti-lag feature details & videos (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33028)

brnmcn 09-24-2015 08:28 AM

I installed it and the volume down does work. I'm on Firmware V31.6 and backend flashed the most updated E85 I8 bin.

However...upon use, it bogs out, and shows an SES light, then restarts the gauges as if I restarted the car.

The car acts like it's stumbling, then when I let go of volume down, it doesn't take off as one would guess. I'm in 80-degree Fahrenheit weather.

If I don't use it, the car acts normally.

Do I have to patch the .xdf to the .bin I'm running?

Terry @ BMS 09-24-2015 08:32 AM

Assuming IAT is dropping when you press the button next you need to modify the flash file per the first post. If they have been modified then include a log of attempted use so we can see if anything stands out.

rhm135 09-24-2015 08:34 AM

Will this become available for 335is DCT?

E90gone 09-24-2015 09:31 AM

Terry how will this work for the guys running nitrous on a window switch?

Terry @ BMS 09-24-2015 09:33 AM

We don't suggest or support nitrous use for the N54. And I certainly would not use it with an anti-lag setup.

duracell8 09-24-2015 10:12 AM

Terry, I re-read the first post. I just purchased the antil lag, I have BB for flashing. I do not know how to modify the files like you stated. Is there going to be an updated flash to be released in the future for those not as skilled as you?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Terry @ BMS 09-24-2015 10:15 AM

Check the BB flash thread for the updated files.

duracell8 09-24-2015 10:24 AM

Ok, so if i load the E85 flash i will be gtg?
I thought you had to update to the latest flash AND modify the files too.

blisstik 09-24-2015 01:19 PM

Temps don't go down at all and I'm using the IJEOS E85 PI MHD map from 9/13, which I verified with TunerPro has the necessary changes.

However, when I switch to the 23k chip, the temp automatically dropped without doing anything. So Terry is sending another chip to see if that's the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonBeemah (Post )
Does the temperature drop when you go full throttle with the car off just ignition? If it does, then the appropriate table changes might not have been made in the flash.

Terry @ BMS 09-24-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duracell8 (Post )
Ok, so if i load the E85 flash i will be gtg?

No idea on that. After following the directions if you still have an issue then post a log of it.

ba114 09-24-2015 07:07 PM

Hey Terry,

I'm sure most people who use this, wont be running map 5, however just in case have you factored in the usage of this, and excluded the time spent with button depressed from the average ignition retard calculation?
If not, would this negatively impact the map 5 learning targets?

Also, all the logs i've seen have the timing zero'd rather than showing the true negative timing. Can the logging capability be expanded to show actual timing retard?

Terry @ BMS 09-24-2015 08:50 PM

You'll be using this below 4000 rpm mainly and map 5 won't learn at such a low RPM but it's something to keep an eye on.

No plans to change the logging to show the actual negative values.

Onedirtyfive 09-25-2015 02:04 AM

Anybody wanna make a quick buck who's in NJ and can install the proper flash and cable for me ?

jamhot 09-25-2015 06:07 AM

@blisstik I was trying to work out the changes for the timing drop through tuner pro. Can you post the 3d map comparison you see through tuner pro? Terry thought I may have a problem with the xdf I was using but I used the xdf provided in the 1st thread. Bit confused so could do with a pointer to get me on track with what I am looking at.

Payam @ BMS 09-25-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
You'll be using this below 4000 rpm mainly and map 5 won't learn at such a low RPM but it's something to keep an eye on.

No plans to change the logging to show the actual negative values.

Can't you just open the file in excel to get the raw values of timing?

BostonBeemah 09-25-2015 02:52 PM

Ok so a little cooler in Boston today and on cold start and for the time it took to get my IATs up, it seemed as though it was pulling timing. Weird since it was in the high 50s. Another odd thing was i assumed this only worked on wot and it was working on part throttle as well. By the time I tried to log it, wouldn't you know it stopped happening...

Terry @ BMS 09-25-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonBeemah (Post )
Ok so a little cooler in Boston today and on cold start and for the time it took to get my IATs up, it seemed as though it was pulling timing. Weird this is that it was in the high 50s. Another odd thing was i assumed this only worked on wot and it was working on part throttle as well. By the time I tried to log it, wouldn't you know it stopped happening...

Would need the JB4 logs to evaluate the data. It's set at 75 min load right now. We may want to raise that to 100 or 120 load based on how logs look.

On cold start the DME pulls timing to warm up the cats, etc. As long as IAT is over 38f degrees then the IAT compensation tables are ignored as currently implemented.

BostonBeemah 09-25-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Would need the JB4 logs to evaluate the data. It's set at 75 min load right now. We may want to raise that to 100 or 120 load based on how logs look.

On cold start the DME pulls timing to warm up the cats, etc. As long as IAT is over 38f degrees then the IAT compensation tables are ignored as currently implemented.

Gotcha. Will log from cold start tommorow morning as its going to be cold again to reevaluate.

ba114 09-25-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastGti69 (Post )
Can't you just open the file in excel to get the raw values of timing?

All the logs ive viewed in excel simply show 0 degrees, no negative

E90gone 09-25-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

We don't suggest or support nitrous use for the N54. And I certainly would not use it with an anti-lag setup.

Not really part of this thread but why don't you suggest or support nitrous with the N54? I also, have business to discuss with you if you would like to just PM we can talk about it over the phone.

n54 power 09-26-2015 03:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I thanks Terry ;) I tested today anti lag. Woooooooo :happyCar is like aircraft:burnrubber:

Terry @ BMS 09-26-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n54 power (Post )
I thanks Terry ;) I tested today anti lag. Woooooooo :happyCar is like aircraft:burnrubber:

Try another log, doesn't seem like timing came back properly when releasing the button.

n54 power 09-26-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Try another log, doesn't seem like timing came back properly when releasing the button.

You mean another log( another timing)??
is so good or bad ???

Terry @ BMS 09-26-2015 09:56 AM

Record another log or two of you using the feature.

n54 power 09-26-2015 10:06 AM

I have anathor timing this log ...
Ok Terry .i recorde anathor log