JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

RafaMonteiroo 01-24-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY-HoRsE (Post )
I see the revision is going up on the VW_JB4_OBDII_5A file, what does it contain and is it worth installing or should I wait for an official release.

is official, with Auto Shift Redux working, to fix Overboost in Shift Gear in DSG

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK7GTI (Post )
Any news about reducing the flash boost on 1st and 2nd Gear?

I Need :burnrubber:

r_diaz13 01-30-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Latest VW JB4 firmware attached.

VW_JB4_OBDII_4_T2:

1) Revised fuel mapping for improved drivability and performance.

Is this latest firmware also compatible with the JB4 for a Gen3 Jetta GL2014?. I know the Gen3 motors for the Jetta and GTI are different.

RafaMonteiroo 01-30-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_diaz13 (Post )
Is this latest firmware also compatible with the JB4 for a Gen3 Jetta GL2014?. I know the Gen3 motors for the Jetta and GTI are different.

One time George told me it's the same,
Just set Future Use D to 1, as this engine works differently.

George @ BMS 01-30-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Its compatible to all the Gen3 motors. 5A_3 is the latest version now.

r_diaz13 01-30-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Its compatible to all the Gen3 motors. 5A_3 is the latest version now.

Thanks George. Iím loving my car and super impressed with the results.

blackout1231 02-06-2018 03:37 PM

If I wanted to upgrade to the JB4 (currently have the JB1), is this the one I would order?

http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_audi_...grade_kit.html

LHD REV1 Group 4 ***B***

2014 VW Jetta GLI

themyst 02-21-2018 03:22 PM

Hi, anyone having issues with the 5A firmware popping an EPC when you try to connect to the unit while the car is running? Using iOS app with rev3 bluetooth module.

Terry @ BMS 02-21-2018 05:54 PM

Hey Ben, email George, he's our resident VW pro and may have some idea. I seem to remember some similar bug at some point we fixed.

RafaMonteiroo 02-21-2018 07:42 PM

@George @Terry

Any news for next FW?
and about reducing the DME_BT boost on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gear?

Thx

George @ BMS 02-22-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RafaMonteiroo (Post )
@George @Terry

Any news for next FW?
and about reducing the DME_BT boost on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gear?

Thx

Its going to take some time for that. We not to push out S4 and RS3 units next before we look at that further. Its on the list of things to do though.

George @ BMS 02-22-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themyst (Post )
Hi, anyone having issues with the 5A firmware popping an EPC when you try to connect to the unit while the car is running? Using iOS app with rev3 bluetooth module.

Will give this a try. Yours is the only report of this. Is it happening at idle or when you moving?

blackout1231 03-09-2018 07:12 PM

Anyone else's car going through gas like crazy with their new JB4 (latest firmware)?

George @ BMS 03-10-2018 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackout1231 (Post )
Anyone else's car going through gas like crazy with their new JB4 (latest firmware)?

If your driving style has stayed the same it shouldn't change by much if not drop a bit.
Make sure the AFR connection is on the primary O2 sensor and not the secondary which goes to after the ***. We have seen cars with the wrong connection run pig rich on part throttle driving due to this.

r_diaz13 03-12-2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

I would say slightly higher but it could be me having too much fun. I'm getting my Unitronic turbo back exhaust and expect some increased airflow but will be monitoring everything closely for a few days. I'm going to run a few days with Map2 and then Map4 and just log.

sextonracing@ymail.com 03-23-2018 06:55 PM

data logging issues

i have just installed my jb4 beta unit in my 2014 vw GLI and am using the data cable.. i have the firmware installed and have some communication back and forth i currtently have it on map 2... i am having issues trying to start a log

George @ BMS 03-24-2018 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sextonracing@ymail.com (Post )
i have just installed my jb4 beta unit in my 2014 vw GLI and am using the data cable.. i have the firmware installed and have some communication back and forth i currtently have it on map 2... i am having issues trying to start a log

Do you see the data in the logging window moving? If not set the Future use D value to 1 and see if that works. Also the car will only log above a certain amount of load.

r_diaz13 03-30-2018 10:51 AM

Just installed my unitronic full turbo back running map 2 and man what a difference. Feels borderline reckless at full boost and load. Very different car. I'm going to run it a bit like this and then get a log to work with BMS. Want to make sure it's running tip top in the Florida heat

BlkSTIG 04-12-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Yeah the same here. Installed JB4 a week ago. I used to easily clock over 310 mile per tank and since I installed JB4 clock 280 per tank.

Quote:

If your driving style has stayed the same it shouldn't change by much if not drop a bit.
Make sure the AFR connection is on the primary O2 sensor and not the secondary which goes to after the ***. We have seen cars with the wrong connection run pig rich on part throttle driving due to this.

My driving style hasn't changed and I'm certain it's connected to the primary O2.

themyst 04-12-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Will give this a try. Yours is the only report of this. Is it happening at idle or when you moving?

It was a one-off situation, but I haven't really connected to my JB4 recently. But from what I remember, I was accelerating (not WOT) and moving when the EPC popped.

themyst 04-12-2018 07:22 PM

George:

Has anyone ever reported undesirable DSG shifting behavior with the JB4? Occasionally, the DSG will shift extremely slowly and/or throw tach warning light with the JB4 installed. I recently took it off and trying to replicate it stock, but nothing so far.

George @ BMS 04-19-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themyst (Post )
George:

Has anyone ever reported undesirable DSG shifting behavior with the JB4? Occasionally, the DSG will shift extremely slowly and/or throw tach warning light with the JB4 installed. I recently took it off and trying to replicate it stock, but nothing so far.

The only thing that can affect the DSG shift speed to the point where its slow is a stored code. Usually the one we see most often is a misfire code.
The tach warning light could be related to the camshaft plug if the harness is a earlier Rev1.

r_diaz13 05-09-2018 03:20 AM

It's been kind of quiet here. I'm enjoying my current setup just keeping it in map2. It's a completely different car when I need it to be.

tutuco 05-14-2018 07:34 AM

JB4 Features Roadmap

Hi all,

@George @Terry do you have any roadmap to share with us JB4 users?
New Features or New products?

Regards,

Tutuco

George @ BMS 05-15-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutuco (Post )
Hi all,

@George @Terry do you have any roadmap to share with us JB4 users?
New Features or New products?

Regards,

Tutuco

We always working on something but nothing at the moment for immediate release JB4 wise.
We have been working on a intercooler and once we happy with fitment will go to production and it will be the next hardware item we release for MQB.

Penetrator7 05-19-2018 01:40 AM

Still no solid date for RS3 JB4 roll out then gents?

Nappy216 05-19-2018 02:45 PM

Latest FW

Have an interesting issue with the latest firmware. (VW_JB4_OBDII_6B.hex)

My map6 setting don't seem to stick.

I had the following.
1500 0
2000 1.0
2500 2.0
3000 2.5
3500 3.0

After the update
3000 = 2.6.

I can't set it back to 2.5.
2.4 or 2.6 works. 2.5 gets rounded up to 2.6. 5.2 goes to 5.3.

Not really a bid deal but wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Latest FW did fix the code reading. I had no codes before the update after I got the low fuel pressure code.

Terry @ BMS 05-19-2018 06:04 PM

The values are bytes internally, but we squeeze in a 0-36psi boost value, so depending on the value it may round up or down 0.1psi to fit the storage space.

r_diaz13 07-05-2018 06:23 PM

It's been kind of quiet here. No update on a new firmware? I remember seeing there's something in the works for"self-tunning" which sounds extremely promising.

George @ BMS 07-06-2018 02:07 AM

Quote:

It's been kind of quiet here. No update on a new firmware? I remember seeing there's something in the works for"self-tunning" which sounds extremely promising.

Nothing major in the near horizon. We going to be putting up a small update with a minor revision that further improves part throttle smoothness in the next week.

mavalenca 07-26-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

I also remember seeing something like that... :popcorn

George @ BMS 07-27-2018 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavalenca (Post )
I also remember seeing something like that... :popcorn

This is something we still evaluating. The ECU is very adaptive and it makes things harder when the ECU is going to adapt as well as the JB4.

CrAzY-HoRsE 08-28-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Nothing major in the near horizon. We going to be putting up a small update with a minor revision that further improves part throttle smoothness in the next week.

Any news on the new FW release?

Terry @ BMS 08-28-2018 03:26 PM

George has firmware with a new map4 valet map floating around, if that works well we'll be making some nice adjustments to boost by gear settings too. :)

George @ BMS 08-28-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Any news on the new FW release?

So far so good. Should put it up here in page 1 by next week.

I can recall you had the 245hp PP GTI. We managed to get a Skoda vRS 245hp on the dyno in the UK recently. Car runs a Euro 6 ******** and some airbox mods. Graph looks excellent with good AFR. Map 6 was used with 6psi over stock.

https://s6.postimg.cc/596nfg71d/4009...78409728_n.jpg

Payam @ BMS 08-28-2018 04:22 PM

That's awesome.

CrAzY-HoRsE 08-28-2018 11:07 PM

Very nice :clap:

My only concern is the DSG, it does make some very rough shifts in 3rd and 4th gear now and then when I go above 3.5 PSI. The problem is also there when not tuned, it just get so much worse when tuned more than 3.5 PSI. It happens both on auto and flaps mode, it think its quite normal because I'm not the only one with the issue, but I do worry about longevity when tuned.

Glfdriver18 09-06-2018 11:22 PM

I can’t tell, is there a new FW now on page 1 since George’s post? I think that 6B is the version I already have

George @ BMS 09-08-2018 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glfdriver18 (Post )
I canít tell, is there a new FW now on page 1 since Georgeís post? I think that 6B is the version I already have

6B is latest which reflects as 60/6/5.
We should put something out next week which will have the Valet map included and some fine tuning of part throttle.

George @ BMS 09-08-2018 02:19 AM

Quote:

Very nice :clap:

My only concern is the DSG, it does make some very rough shifts in 3rd and 4th gear now and then when I go above 3.5 PSI. The problem is also there when not tuned, it just get so much worse when tuned more than 3.5 PSI. It happens both on auto and flaps mode, it think its quite normal because I'm not the only one with the issue, but I do worry about longevity when tuned.

When the shift aren't good possibly there is a stored code of some kind.
As a test set the auto shift boost redux value to 100 and see if it improves.

mavalenca 09-18-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

6B is latest which reflects as 60/6/5.
We should put something out next week which will have the Valet map included and some fine tuning of part throttle.

George,

File "VW_JB4_OBDII_7_TEST1.hex" from Terry's post on other topic is still the last one available right? :)

BR!