JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

George @ BMS 02-09-2019 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEllilse (Post )
Simple question : got m'y 1.8TSI tunes with united motorsport. But i think they are setup as 93 Oct fuel but géré i only have 91. Since i want to usé my JB4 for water meth later, how do i rémove let's say 1 Psi on map 6?? Put - 1 on all field in user adjust and let the Ecu manage the rest like in "stack" mode?

Set to map 0 and run a few 3rd gear logs and I can see if something needs to be done. Typically ECU will pull back timing, if the timing adaption is too much we can reduce the boost curve to suite the 91. Email the logs through to george@burgertuning.com .

DJEllilse 02-09-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Set to map 0 and run a few 3rd gear logs and I can see if something needs to be done. Typically ECU will pull back timing, if the timing adaption is too much we can reduce the boost curve to suite the 91. Email the logs through to george@burgertuning.com .

All right =) I'll give it a shot ! ^_^

Ducksquad 02-10-2019 02:43 PM

Hello,

I just purchased a 2016 GTI S and found out it had a JB4 installed after I purchased it. I have no way to get in contact with the previous owner.
I ordered a cable and drove for about a week not knowing what map I was running on. I was just able to get plugged in today, and it appears that the car was on Map 2.
I'm concerned because I know that the car was not recently filled up on 93 octane as it is not available in my area. Is there anything specific I should be worried about? I'm kind of bummed it was set to Map 2...

Should I just set it back to Map 1 for now?

I'm also trying to get the firmware updated. Is this the correct page for my vehicle?

Thanks!

George @ BMS 02-10-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksquad (Post )
Hello,

I just purchased a 2016 GTI S and found out it had a JB4 installed after I purchased it. I have no way to get in contact with the previous owner.
I ordered a cable and drove for about a week not knowing what map I was running on. I was just able to get plugged in today, and it appears that the car was on Map 2.
I'm concerned because I know that the car was not recently filled up on 93 octane as it is not available in my area. Is there anything specific I should be worried about? I'm kind of bummed it was set to Map 2...

Should I just set it back to Map 1 for now?

I'm also trying to get the firmware updated. Is this the correct page for my vehicle?

Thanks!

Hi,

Hang ten on the firmware update. We putting something new up this week.

Map 2 with 91 wont cause any damage. In cooler weather most cars run fine with it, worse case scenario the ECU retards the timing and power delivery is not a smooth as it should.

Ducksquad 02-10-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Map 2 with 91 wont cause any damage. In cooler weather most cars run fine with it, worse case scenario the ECU retards the timing and power delivery is not a smooth as it should.

Okay thanks for the quick reply! I took in on a run set to map 0 and it feels a lot slower. Now I understand why this car felt so quick when I took it for a test drive..
Because it was already on map 2! I'll run in map 1 this week and check back here for the firmware.

George @ BMS 02-10-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Okay thanks for the quick reply! I took in on a run set to map 0 and it feels a lot slower. Now I understand why this car felt so quick when I took it for a test drive..
Because it was already on map 2! I'll run in map 1 this week and check back here for the firmware.

Yes, that is all that is needed. Map 0 is stock indeed and what most the world thinks is fast till they find us :rolleyes2

Ducksquad 02-10-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, that is all that is needed. Map 0 is stock indeed and what most the world thinks is fast till they find us :rolleyes2

Indeed! Map 2 is a new definition of quick.

Oh I have one more question.. I noticed some values are very high compared to the example video.
Here's a picture of them -

JB4 Settings.png - Google Drive

Do I need to adjust any of these settings for safety? Such as the Boost Safety?
Or are all of these values only applicable when Map 6 is active?

Thank you!

George @ BMS 02-12-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Oh I have one more question.. I noticed some values are very high compared to the example video.

Thank you!

All the values are good. Only map 6 boost chart is for map 6 and rest are global. The unit has the shipped settings on so all is safe.

sirfredi 02-14-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Hi,

wow, eager to release the new firmware and you can say the new changes.

George @ BMS 02-14-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirfredi (Post )
wow, eager to release the new firmware and you can say the new changes.

Nothing major. Just optimization on some things. We noticed a issue that some cars had when letting off the throttle at very high boost levels.
Might also add a new map that will be map 2+ for guys that don't want to use map 6 and log.

masher55 02-14-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Nothing major. Just optimization on some things. We noticed a issue that some cars had when letting off the throttle at very high boost levels.
Might also add a new map that will be map 2+ for guys that don't want to use map 6 and log.

map 2+, yes please..:)

sirfredi 02-15-2019 10:59 AM

ok.... waiting for you George ;)

nebulein 02-17-2019 01:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello and greetings from germany. I drive a seat leon cupra 300 sc handshifted with 14tkm on it. I just bought jb4 from CFD. The car works fine with jb4 but i have some issues.

I drive the car with map6 and a custom map with 22psi max boost falling down to 17psi near 7000 rpm. Fol is on 45 and 25psi is boost safty. I drive euro 102 octane with another turbo inlet and outlet, rest isnt tuned.

1. In 4 gear i dont have the full power :shrug in 5 and 6. gear all is fine and the car has full boost. asr (dsc) is off.

2. In 6. gear i have a boost drop near 4000rpm it feels like the diverter valve is hanging or something else.

George @ BMS 02-17-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebulein (Post )
Hello and greetings from germany. I drive a seat leon cupra 300 sc handshifted with 14tkm on it. I just bought jb4 from CFD. The car works fine with jb4 but i have some issues.

I drive the car with map6 and a custom map with 22psi max boost falling down to 17psi near 7000 rpm. Fol is on 45 and 25psi is boost safty. I drive euro 102 octane with another turbo inlet and outlet, rest isnt tuned.

1. In 4 gear i dont have the full power :shrug in 5 and 6. gear all is fine and the car has full boost. asr (dsc) is off.

2. In 6. gear i have a boost drop near 4000rpm it feels like the diverter valve is hanging or something else.

Hi,

In both the logs at 5000 for example you making nearly 19psi, in the log of 4th gear you getting it to higher rpm which you not seeing in the other log so it seems its dropping more than 5th and 6th. There is quite a bit of taper of the boost so you can raise it more at higher rpm if you comfortable.

Not sure what the drop out is in 6th. Does it do it every run?

nebulein 02-17-2019 03:40 PM

No its not every time its only sometimes and it feels like a lag or hanging something. Maybe its to much boost for the recirculation valve? Because at that point im nearly maximum boost.

George @ BMS 02-17-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebulein (Post )
No its not every time its only sometimes and it feels like a lag or hanging something. Maybe its to much boost for the recirculation valve? Because at that point im nearly maximum boost.

Could be a leaky valve although the boost isn't considered very aggressive.

audio vicious 02-17-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Thank you!

George, I just recently reset my JB4 to the "default" settings for everything since I bought it second hand from a friend and he had some aggressive settings. I used the information from the 1/2 post in the thread that showed the default values. That post shows that the values are 25 for the "Boost Safety" option and 45 for the "Fuel Open Loop" option. However, in the quoted post he has 24 as his "Boost Safety" option and the "Fuel Open Loop" set to 60 and you advised that those were the shipped values.

Which of these values are correct? Currently, my GTI is stock aside from a drop in filter and I want to start from the "shipped with" settings as a benchmark. I JUST updated the firmware and see now that you mention something new is coming, I'll just grab that one when it does though. I'm stock DSG/93 octane with Map 1 if that's necessary information.

Thanks for your help George! I've heard a lot of great things about the service you provide!

Dgolfrmk7 02-18-2019 03:03 PM

little question for you George, what do you recommend me for a water methanol setup for my golf R to run it with the Jb4?

George @ BMS 02-19-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgolfrmk7 (Post )
little question for you George, what do you recommend me for a water methanol setup for my golf R to run it with the Jb4?

We have a kit available that integrates into the JB4 with failsafe strategy in place for when meth flow drops.

You can price the kit here: http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Step 1 select the tank you want, Step 2 we recommend the BM7 nozzle and Step 3 is the rest of the kit. To get a shipping quote do the first two steps of the check out process.

Besides this you will need to get a throttle pipe with a meth bung from another vendor as well as a tap a fuse if you don't plan on cutting wires.

audio vicious 02-19-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

We have a kit available that integrates into the JB4 with failsafe strategy in place for when meth flow drops.

You can price the kit here: http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html

Step 1 select the tank you want, Step 2 we recommend the BM7 nozzle and Step 3 is the rest of the kit. To get a shipping quote do the first two steps of the check out process.

Besides this you will need to get a throttle pipe with a meth bung from another vendor as well as a tap a fuse if you don't plan on cutting wires.

Any help clarifying the default/shipped with values for the JB4? The original post and one a few up have different values as "shipped". Thanks George!

George @ BMS 02-19-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio vicious (Post )
Any help clarifying the default/shipped with values for the JB4? The original post and one a few up have different values as "shipped". Thanks George!

I don't see the few up values but post 1 has a good starting point for map 6. For GTI and 1.8T the fuel open loop can go straight to 60 as well.

audio vicious 02-19-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

I don't see the few up values but post 1 has a good starting point for map 6. For GTI and 1.8T the fuel open loop can go straight to 60 as well.

Thanks George, that was my main concern. The open fuel loop was set to 90 when I got it. The first post mentions 40 as the shipped value and this post mentions 60 as the shipped value.
Quote:

Thank you!

I've changed the Boost Safety from 25.0 to 24.0 and the Open Fuel Loop from 40 to 60 (Originally 90) for a stock GTI.

Thanks so much for helping with this George!

TheBtrend 02-19-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

A map2+? Yes please lol.

aramsey80 02-22-2019 04:07 PM

Update on new firmware??

George @ BMS 02-23-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramsey80 (Post )
Update on new firmware??

Probably this week coming.