JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

ga0887 08-18-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
The way the traction control works has changed so check to see if the Max boost 1st and 2nd values are set to high. Values now work as the amount of boost that must be cut. ITs a global setting so will affect all maps.

That was it. Cleared out the old values and we're back in business :burnrubber:

Thanks for the quick response George!

George @ BMS 08-18-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga0887 (Post )
That was it. Cleared out the old values and we're back in business :burnrubber:

Thanks for the quick response George!

Happy its sorted.

chris1210 08-19-2019 03:42 PM

So I'm all up and running - wowwowow, what a difference!! Incredible difference from stock and silky smooth, too.

Quick question on protecting the wiring - other than using zip ties to tidy up the wiring, has anyone used heat protective sleeves to protect some/all of the JB4 wiring?

I live in AZ, so it already gets toasty under there as it is!

Thanks

chris1210 08-20-2019 06:52 AM

Need some help.

Firmware update failed last night stoping the car from cranking.

Decided to remove the jb4 and almost done but I simply cannot get the cars wiring loom repressed from the jb4 plug in ( I got the jb4 plug off the charge pipe just fine).

Anyone have any advice on what or how I release the cars wiring plug from the jb4???

George @ BMS 08-20-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1210 (Post )
Need some help.

Firmware update failed last night stoping the car from cranking.

Decided to remove the jb4 and almost done but I simply cannot get the cars wiring loom repressed from the jb4 plug in ( I got the jb4 plug off the charge pipe just fine).

Anyone have any advice on what or how I release the cars wiring plug from the jb4???

Sent you video with a easy way to remove it.

pjohn221 08-21-2019 05:37 PM

i keep getting CEL misfires (code P0312), it seems I'm getting it every time i switch to Map6. car runs fine tho. and today it threw CEL again with code P0312 and P03015. can't find what P03015 means, any idea what this is?

latest firmware.
MK7.5 GTI

SOLID FARRELL 08-21-2019 09:41 PM

New JB4 owner/user here,

Based on the "model specific" mention on your latest firmware Map notes,
Map 3 Peak boost 6psi 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 4 Peak boost 6psi (Golf R and Audi S3 7speed DSG specific)

which Maps apply to the following:

2019 GTI Rabbit Edition, DSG
93, Texas heat,
just a K&N panel filter mod wise
(currently Map 2)

From what I understand 1, 2, and 6 are still my Map options based on the latest note specifics.

Confusion aside, amazing product!
Buying another for my wife's car very soon.

Thanks,
Farrell

quattromaniac 08-22-2019 02:55 AM

When can we expect the autotune map?

George @ BMS 08-22-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjohn221 (Post )
i keep getting CEL misfires (code P0312), it seems I'm getting it every time i switch to Map6. car runs fine tho. and today it threw CEL again with code P0312 and P03015. can't find what P03015 means, any idea what this is?

latest firmware.
MK7.5 GTI

Hi,

If you using the app update it from this link and lets see what the faults are. The one app version that reads P codes has a issue with faults it shows. https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58492

George @ BMS 08-22-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOLID FARRELL (Post )
New JB4 owner/user here,

Based on the "model specific" mention on your latest firmware Map notes,
Map 3 Peak boost 6psi 93AKI/98Ron recommended
Map 4 Peak boost 6psi (Golf R and Audi S3 7speed DSG specific)

which Maps apply to the following:

2019 GTI Rabbit Edition, DSG
93, Texas heat,
just a K&N panel filter mod wise
(currently Map 2)

From what I understand 1, 2, and 6 are still my Map options based on the latest note specifics.

Confusion aside, amazing product!
Buying another for my wife's car very soon.

Thanks,
Farrell

Map 3 will run well on your car even in the Texas heat.

George @ BMS 08-22-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quattromaniac (Post )
When can we expect the autotune map?

Its not on the priority list. We will look in to it in the future but the ECU makes so many adjustments as is that over the ready maps there isnt major value in it.

pjohn221 08-23-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Hi,

If you using the app update it from this link and lets see what the faults are. The one app version that reads P codes has a issue with faults it shows. https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58492

thanks! i just updated my app on my iphone. right now im running Map 0, we'll see if CEL comes back. thanks!

georgevox16 08-24-2019 07:31 AM

Hey George, I was trying to log yesterday and was connected for about 10 mins with the data cable and had full Gauges in the app, but when I returned to the car after running into a store for 15 mins and turned the car back on only the map and boost Gauges are working. The afr, ign, rpm etc. Are all 0 now and it also won't read codes anymore. I updated to the latest firmware and still not working. Any ideas? Thank you.

antsh 08-24-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgevox16 (Post )
Hey George, I was trying to log yesterday and was connected for about 10 mins with the data cable and had full Gauges in the app, but when I returned to the car after running into a store for 15 mins and turned the car back on only the map and boost Gauges are working. The afr, ign, rpm etc. Are all 0 now and it also won't read codes anymore. I updated to the latest firmware and still not working. Any ideas? Thank you.

Which car is it? I know George says it's rare, but on my A4 I have to set the Future Use D field to 1 or I get the same symptom.

Try setting FUD to 1, turning off the car, and opening the hood for 3 minutes. Close it, and restart the car, see if you get the OBD signal again.

georgevox16 08-24-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsh (Post )
Which car is it? I know George says it's rare, but on my A4 I have to set the Future Use D field to 1 or I get the same symptom.

Try setting FUD to 1, turning off the car, and opening the hood for 3 minutes. Close it, and restart the car, see if you get the OBD signal again.

You are my hero! It worked! I can't thank you enough. I must have changed it by accident when I was adjusting map 6. Huge, huge, thank you.

George @ BMS 08-24-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgevox16 (Post )
You are my hero! It worked! I can't thank you enough. I must have changed it by accident when I was adjusting map 6. Huge, huge, thank you.

There is a chance that a bug in the firmware is making the value 0 when you update. Need to check that out.

Car.crash 08-25-2019 12:39 AM

Golf r 6 speed dsg.
Large intake and air filter
Forge front mount intercooler
Only use 99ron
Iím putting the new software on today.
Should I use map 3 or do I qualify for map 5?

George @ BMS 08-25-2019 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car.crash (Post )
Golf r 6 speed dsg.
Large intake and air filter
Forge front mount intercooler
Only use 99ron
Iím putting the new software on today.
Should I use map 3 or do I qualify for map 5?

Map 3 would be perfect. You can run map 5 too with 99Ron but do some logs to evaluate.

Car.crash 08-25-2019 04:03 AM

Thanks George. Iíll sit on map 3. In too lazy to run logs and mess around.
The plug and play on this is amazing. Fantastic unit.

Zar 08-29-2019 10:33 AM

Hi all, nice to join the JB4 funn.
Fist post for me here.
Driving a s3 2018 on map 3 on new firmware, should I go to map 4?
Bolts ons :drop in air filter, hi flow cated down pipe and JB4.
Any tweaks I could add for 1/4 mile, going on track on Monday.
Did 12.64 old firmware map2.
Thanks in advance.

steel234 08-29-2019 10:41 AM

check your fuel, shoot the logs to George and you will see :)

Zar 08-29-2019 11:14 AM

Hi,
That was a fast reply :)
For the log, I just do a 0 - 100km hard pull or standard driving?
Plan on running 94ron.
thanks

Nora2004 08-29-2019 02:05 PM

Something I've been meaning to ask for a while, when running an absolute map should we set the 6-cyl timing logging to 1? When I used absolute I would never, regardless of gear and load, hit the boot targets set, switched to additive and it hits target 100% of the time?

Just a curiosity thing, although when I've got the meth installed I may switch back to absolute!

George @ BMS 08-29-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zar (Post )
Hi,
That was a fast reply :)
For the log, I just do a 0 - 100km hard pull or standard driving?
Plan on running 94ron.
thanks

We need to see 3rd gear and 4th it safe to do.

George @ BMS 08-29-2019 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nora2004 (Post )
Something I've been meaning to ask for a while, when running an absolute map should we set the 6-cyl timing logging to 1? When I used absolute I would never, regardless of gear and load, hit the boot targets set, switched to additive and it hits target 100% of the time?

Just a curiosity thing, although when I've got the meth installed I may switch back to absolute!

Setting it to 1 is only needed if you adding more than 9psi over stock. It removes that nanny.