JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

dgraham1284 04-22-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
We trying to kill a few birds with one stone. There are few niggles that some cars are showing that need to be sorted out.
In other news the translation of the faults has been completed so the faults will appear with translations on the next app updates.

Can you be more specific? My car does not like any amount of E85 added. Maximum I've ever added was 3 gallons on an empty tank. The rest being 93 octane.

George @ BMS 04-23-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgraham1284 (Post )
Can you be more specific? My car does not like any amount of E85 added. Maximum I've ever added was 3 gallons on an empty tank. The rest being 93 octane.

Some 2019's are having rough idle that we might be able to iron out.
Cars with 7speed DSG need a specific map when LC is used. Need to get this sorted without affecting the boost profile on the rest of the cars so might be adding a Vin recognition for those so ironing out Vins at the moment.

We don't suggest running higher than 3 gallons due to the JB4 limitation of fueling capability. It shouldn't have a issue with that amount unless you running high boost levels with the 93 that is taking up the fueling ceiling.

Ducksquad 04-23-2019 02:50 PM

Anyone have any documentation on removing a JB4 from a mk7?
I'm not quite sure how to get the OBD2 plug back through the firewall as this is not covered in the installation guide.

George @ BMS 04-23-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksquad (Post )
Anyone have any documentation on removing a JB4 from a mk7?
I'm not quite sure how to get the OBD2 plug back through the firewall as this is not covered in the installation guide.

You can tape a wire onto the end and push it through the grommet if you can get to it. If you put a short wire taped along the end of the wire it can go through first and then you can pull the wire with the end plug through.
The newer type OBD cables that have the sealed end are strong enough to just be pulled through from the other side.

antsh 04-24-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Cars with 7speed DSG need a specific map when LC is used. Need to get this sorted without affecting the boost profile on the rest of the cars so might be adding a Vin recognition for those so ironing out Vins at the moment.

We don't suggest running higher than 3 gallons due to the JB4 limitation of fueling capability. It shouldn't have a issue with that amount unless you running high boost levels with the 93 that is taking up the fueling ceiling.

Hi George,

Is the LC issue with all 7spd DSGs? I have a B9 A4 and have been using LC without issue on all the maps from 0 all the way through pretty aggressive Map 6s. What is the issue that manifests?

George @ BMS 04-24-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antsh (Post )
Hi George,

Is the LC issue with all 7spd DSGs? I have a B9 A4 and have been using LC without issue on all the maps from 0 all the way through pretty aggressive Map 6s. What is the issue that manifests?

Only the 7R and S3 are affected. They do a type of misfire on the gearshift when launch control is used. We use map 6 to taper the boost closer to stock on those and it runs clean.

_Dejan_ 04-24-2019 11:44 AM

George maybe one idea for you or your firmware developers.
Implement LC Detection in your firmware :) How? If speed is 0kmh and rpm is >=3000rpm LC is activated and then you lower boost in first gears. If user enable this option in settings then 7 speed users with issues can when use LC have limited boost in first gears and when start normaly can have full boost in first gears... If user disable this option then it work like now(have full boost no mather if LC is used or not)...
Just idea which fix collecting VIN numbers ...

Jonatino 04-27-2019 03:01 PM

Does anyone have the old VW_JB4_OBDII_6B firmware? I want to downgrade as I don't really like the new firmware. Is it safe to downgrade jb4 firmware?

George @ BMS 04-27-2019 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonatino (Post )
Does anyone have the old VW_JB4_OBDII_6B firmware? I want to downgrade as I don't really like the new firmware. Is it safe to downgrade jb4 firmware?

Here we go.

Willx 05-04-2019 12:22 AM

I have a 2015 Passat 1.8 tsi with cold air intake, down pipe and *** back needing tunes

George @ BMS 05-04-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post )
I have a 2015 Passat 1.8 tsi with cold air intake, down pipe and *** back needing tunes

Got your emails. :burnrubber:

dgraham1284 05-06-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

I sorted out the E30 problems. RS3 coil packs, I already had the rs3 plugs. She sings now. 6.5 psi peak additive all day long without a hiccup.

eXult 05-08-2019 06:56 AM

How close are we to the next update?

julian2292 05-08-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXult (Post )
How close are we to the next update?

I need this so much..

blackgti 05-11-2019 03:13 PM

I just installed the JB4 on my 2019 Golf R and I noticed the oil temp. Is not showing up in the gauge display in the app. Everything else seems normal including AFR, coolant temp, trims. Is anyone else having the same problem?

George @ BMS 05-12-2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgti (Post )
I just installed the JB4 on my 2019 Golf R and I noticed the oil temp. Is not showing up in the gauge display in the app. Everything else seems normal including AFR, coolant temp, trims. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Oil temp and trans temp are not parameters we have added so there isn't a issue.

blackgti 05-12-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Oil temp and trans temp are not parameters we have added so there isn't a issue.

Thanks George

christsi 05-12-2019 10:22 PM

the newest firmware for my North American 1.8 TSI Golf causes my upshifts to pop its actually so nice. Top end is more power, the shifts make my transmission seem like its a dual clutch... but i dont know if its good for the car lol

christsi 05-12-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Does it do this with all maps. Try roll it back to the TEST4 version we have posted and see if it still the same.

for me newest verison the shifts are like that its like full power right when i shift. the car pops lol

S3-8V 05-14-2019 12:50 AM

So I've had the JB4 on my S3 8V 2016 ever since it came out,I was running the jb1 first and its all been well. But recently my JB4 has been acting strange, where if I take it for a short drive and then get out the car and back in the JB4 seems to switch off where it will not provide any additional boost and my JB4 mobile app will connect to the device but wont give me any readings other than boost, Once the car remains off till the whole car switches (ECU turns off) the JB4 will work fine.

So I updated the firmware to the latest version and now my auto clear function doesn't seem to work even though i have FUD set to 90 as im running an aftermarket ********. (I'm based in the UK)

any suggestions to resolve this ?

Mods are
99 Ron Fuel (94AKI)
R600 Intake
Revo ********
CTS Inlet
Custom Map 6

antsh 05-14-2019 09:12 AM

I have the same issue with my B9 A4. Although apparently it is a very rare case, and only usually needed on GLIs, setting the FUD to 1 solved this for me. I am assuming since you are using an FUD value of 90 now, setting it to 91 will add the two values. I would wait for George to chime in though.

Payam @ BMS 05-14-2019 11:14 AM

Can you guys try and get a log so we can look into it. Maybe a bug in firmware?

FeldiSan 05-17-2019 08:34 AM

Hi George,

i have a new Errorcode "3A1A No Description Found" caqn you tell me what this is?

Kind regards from Germany

Micha

George @ BMS 05-18-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeldiSan (Post )
Hi George,

i have a new Errorcode "3A1A No Description Found" caqn you tell me what this is?

Kind regards from Germany

Micha

Hi,

Its a camshaft position error. There are too camshaft sensors. On the older units that where JB1 converted to JB4 its the plug that goes towards the back of the engine. This is not needed for JB4 and can be left unplugged.
In the front the sensor signal goes through the large plug. Check if there is wiring issues there or remove the plug and put stock in place. If fault still persists the sensor is faulty.

FeldiSan 05-19-2019 03:17 AM

Hello,

I have not seen this error yet. I drive with the JB4 anytime and have no problems since I bought them.

I do not have an engine control lamp in the Driver Info Display. Not that the chain jumped ?! Is it for me as a borrow to control? Feels like the engine is running normally without noises or loss of power.

Greetings from Germany

Micha