N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N63, N63TU (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   N63TU JB4 testers!! Any logs or data to share? (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46258)

timberwolf 04-13-2017 08:30 AM

N63TU JB4 testers!! Any logs or data to share?
 
Terry mentioned there were about 5 people testing. Just wondering if you could loop us in as we wait impatiently.

Thanks,

Greg

M335 04-24-2017 06:01 PM

Bump ✊ ^^

NEVERENOUGH 05-28-2017 01:36 AM

JB4 Test Logs from. F06/650i N63TU
 
2 Attachment(s)
This is the second Vehicle that I have had the enjoyment of having fitted with Burger Tuning equipment. The first was an F06 with N55. The only dyne test performed on it resulted a 679 RW HP. I sold that one to get the 650 I have now. I thought that I was going to get in to an 8 cylinder Twin turbo vehicle that was going to be a great foundation for tuning and only be slightly slower than my last one. However as we all know the N63TU feels extremely sluggish and not what many would call a rocket to say the least. After the Jb4 theres a lot of life in the throttle these days. Once again Terry has my gratitude for a job well done. Can't wait to see the difference once I can get my hands on a BCM.

Keep in mind that there are no other modifications to vehicle other than 22 inch wheels (which if anything make it slightly slower, working to spin through he extra circumference)

First log
is from a stop with the Jb4 with installed with fuel plugs connected and both MAF unplugged on map 1. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!


Second log
is on Map 2 with 50/50 E85/93 octane over 20lbs of boost in first gear Spun through first and most of second gear. Perfect driving conditions hot day cool night Another huge difference. Literally felt like the car finally woke up!

timberwolf 06-23-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGH (Post )
This is the second Vehicle that I have had the enjoyment of having fitted with Burger Tuning equipment. The first was an F06 with N55. The only dyne test performed on it resulted a 679 RW HP. I sold that one to get the 650 I have now. I thought that I was going to get in to an 8 cylinder Twin turbo vehicle that was going to be a great foundation for tuning and only be slightly slower than my last one. However as we all know the N63TU feels extremely sluggish and not what many would call a rocket to say the least. After the Jb4 theres a lot of life in the throttle these days. Once again Terry has my gratitude for a job well done. Can't wait to see the difference once I can get my hands on a BCM.

Keep in mind that there are no other modifications to vehicle other than 22 inch wheels (which if anything make it slightly slower, working to spin through he extra circumference)

First log
is from a stop with the Jb4 with installed with fuel plugs connected and both MAF unplugged on map 1. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!


Second log
is on Map 2 with 50/50 E85/93 octane over 20lbs of boost in first gear Spun through first and most of second gear. Perfect driving conditions hot day cool night Another huge difference. Literally felt like the car finally woke up!

Great info thanks for sharing! I'd be curious to hear dyno results. DID YOU NEED TO CUT ANY WIRES?

Terry @ BMS 06-24-2017 10:57 AM

We had a customer install the S63TU BCM by removing the intercooler to access the plugs on the boost solenoids. It's a PITA but probably better than cutting wires! Hopefully he can post some photos in this thread. The BCM is what really gets things moving... Allowing you to take boost from ~16psi up to ~20psi (on stock TMAP sensors) and up to 22-23psi if you also add in 3.5bar TMAP sensors.

M335 08-05-2017 02:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok guys yesterday I decided to do some testing with my new VBOX sport.
First test done on completely stock n63tŁ with 93 octane and exhaust. 50-70 2.12sec. & 40-90 5.99sec.

With just jb4 on map1 93oct. (no BCM) car best managed 50-70 1.70sec. & 40-90 4.90sec shaved 1.09sec. vs stock.
Compared to Steve's M5 40-90 5.19sec. with BCM,intakes & charge **** on 91oct. :happy :burnrubber:

Can't wait to get BCM with FF wires,intake & meth kit with stealth tank for f10 to crack 600whp ;)
Sorry for the big pictures, can't figure out how to resize them.

NEVERENOUGH 08-05-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timberwolf (Post )
Great info thanks for sharing! I'd be curious to hear dyno results. DID YOU NEED TO CUT ANY WIRES?



Im the guy that removed the intercooler to install the BCM. So no I didn't have to cut or splice any wires. If your mechanically inclined at all it's not as difficult as it sounds. However let me state for the record IF YOU DO NOT REGULARLY WORK ON VEHICLES... yours or other wise, then I would keep it as simple as possible and splice the wire instead or the removal of the IC. It is possible to install the BCM without complete removal of the passenger side intercooler. If you have the right tools and are careful. One again if your not a mechanic by trade or at least a go fast addicted gear head like me who works on cars all the time. Then please do not attempt to remove or partially remove IC. I am going to look through my mac and my MacBook to see if I have enough pics to post. Unfortunately I accidentally destroyed my phone and it was on manual back up. Needless to say it had been a while since a back up. But I know I emailed a
Few pics to terry and took tons so I'm sure I can piece together enough for a
How to.
Now on to the performance I was plagued with minor connection issues (of my own doing) and a boost leak or two (once again my fault) and had a frustrating time getting the point I am now. Which is a car that is fun and responsive. But still no where near where it can be. I need to thank Terry for all the patience he had with me through the whole process. I'll post a few logs on map 2 but I'm still working through issues arising from boost differences from one bank to the other with a 3-5 or as much as 7-8 pound difference in boost it plays serious havoc with the throttle and fuel etc And I get a drivetrain error and haven't seen the full potential of what is possible yet. I've been told to just live with it unless I wish to upgrade the turbos. Because it's the conception that it is due to a mechanical issue with one of the stock turbos. I'm not completely sure of that. I get code for burn time too short cylinder 5. So it's possible that the misfire is du to the boost Variable between the two banks or it is possible the code is a result of something else. I'm researching currently and have also reached out to Fuelit to see about a DPI to see if that helps. However, either way I'll be calling Pure Turbos very soon anyway.

Will keep everyone informed as things progress.

Feel free to recommend anything you or anyone has experienced on what could be causing the code or the boost difference.

Drottam 08-16-2017 05:55 PM

Im one of the lucky few to get the N63tu prototype JB4 and I'm the other guy that removed the IC to install the BCM. This was not a task for the casual tinker or inexperienced. Don't get me wrong, it is certainly possible to do...but in the middle of it you may say what did I get into!;)

Onto details and performance. I should preface that due to my insatiable need for speed and power my butt dyno has a tough time differentiating what some people may consider significant gains.

JB4 v Stock

First drive - I feel something...and it's noticeable. But maybe not all of the time? Let's keep going. Few days later I'm logging and getting full 16 psi in third and fourth gear pulls. Car feel strong and pulls good but not all of the time. Hmm, think I need more ;)
After running this for a few months the car has really taken to the tune. It pulls hard and there's not much competition. Cammed Chevy SS, Mustang 5.0 with tune and full headers and exhaust, Vette...I pulled from them all...but there's more. I'm only really boosting to 15-16 psi under certain conditions. Theres gotta be more...

Overall I'm happy with this tune. Very easy to install and remove. After minor adjustments with Terry I have experienced zero issues with the tune. Due to work travel and general life business I'm unable to go to the track or dyno.


JB4+BCM
This is where the IC removal comes in. MUST remove the IC to get to the second BC solenoid. I thought it could be done otherwise but please take it from me; it cannot be done without IC removal. Splice wires if you're nervous ;).

First drive - now that's what I'm taking about! Boost on demand! Solid up to 20psi in all gears in any condition. Man this thing really woke up. And it just wants to go...non stop. After just a few runs and logs Terry had this dialed in. Everything has been solid and as expected. The BCM makes this tune and feels like I thought it could. Now...if I could just get the 3.5 bar TMap sensors. Okay, nevermind they are on order!!
I have pulled on those poor srt things. Oh, also those C7 things. I'm invincible ;)

Great car, great tune, there's gotta be more!

Mike_L 08-16-2017 06:24 PM

I need this. My search has begun for a 550, 750 or X5 50i. Now if Terry could just figure out a way to run it in the US with no CEL.

M335 08-16-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drottam (Post )
Im one of the lucky few to get the N63tu prototype JB4 and I'm the other guy that removed the IC to install the BCM. This was not a task for the casual tinker or inexperienced. Don't get me wrong, it is certainly possible to do...but in the middle of it you may say what did I get into!;)

Onto details and performance. I should preface that due to my insatiable need for speed and power my butt dyno has a tough time differentiating what some people may consider significant gains.

JB4 v Stock

First drive - I feel something...and it's noticeable. But maybe not all of the time? Let's keep going. Few days later I'm logging and getting full 16 psi in third and fourth gear pulls. Car feel strong and pulls good but not all of the time. Hmm, think I need more ;)
After running this for a few months the car has really taken to the tune. It pulls hard and there's not much competition. Cammed Chevy SS, Mustang 5.0 with tune and full headers and exhaust, Vette...I pulled from them all...but there's more. I'm only really boosting to 15-16 psi under certain conditions. Theres gotta be more...

Overall I'm happy with this tune. Very easy to install and remove. After minor adjustments with Terry I have experienced zero issues with the tune. Due to work travel and general life business I'm unable to go to the track or dyno.


JB4+BCM
This is where the IC removal comes in. MUST remove the IC to get to the second BC solenoid. I thought it could be done otherwise but please take it from me; it cannot be done without IC removal. Splice wires if you're nervous ;).

First drive - now that's what I'm taking about! Boost on demand! Solid up to 20psi in all gears in any condition. Man this thing really woke up. And it just wants to go...non stop. After just a few runs and logs Terry had this dialed in. Everything has been solid and as expected. The BCM makes this tune and feels like I thought it could. Now...if I could just get the 3.5 bar TMap sensors. Okay, nevermind they are on order!!
I have pulled on those poor srt things. Oh, also those C7 things. I'm invincible ;)

Great car, great tune, there's gotta be more!

Nice:clap:
Can you post some logs from 2500rpm roll till the red line on 3rd or 4rt gear?
Are you going with 3.5bar TMAP? If so do we need JB4 3.5bar and 4bar plug and play TMAP adapters?

Drottam 08-16-2017 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Im one of the lucky few to get the N63tu prototype JB4 and I'm the other guy that removed the IC to install the BCM. This was not a task for the casual tinker or inexperienced. Don't get me wrong, it is certainly possible to do...but in the middle of it you may say what did I get into!;)

Onto details and performance. I should preface that due to my insatiable need for speed and power my butt dyno has a tough time differentiating what some people may consider significant gains.

JB4 v Stock

First drive - I feel something...and it's noticeable. But maybe not all of the time? Let's keep going. Few days later I'm logging and getting full 16 psi in third and fourth gear pulls. Car feel strong and pulls good but not all of the time. Hmm, think I need more ;)
After running this for a few months the car has really taken to the tune. It pulls hard and there's not much competition. Cammed Chevy SS, Mustang 5.0 with tune and full headers and exhaust, Vette...I pulled from them all...but there's more. I'm only really boosting to 15-16 psi under certain conditions. Theres gotta be more...

Overall I'm happy with this tune. Very easy to install and remove. After minor adjustments with Terry I have experienced zero issues with the tune. Due to work travel and general life business I'm unable to go to the track or dyno.


JB4+BCM
This is where the IC removal comes in. MUST remove the IC to get to the second BC solenoid. I thought it could be done otherwise but please take it from me; it cannot be done without IC removal. Splice wires if you're nervous ;).

First drive - now that's what I'm taking about! Boost on demand! Solid up to 20psi in all gears in any condition. Man this thing really woke up. And it just wants to go...non stop. After just a few runs and logs Terry had this dialed in. Everything has been solid and as expected. The BCM makes this tune and feels like I thought it could. Now...if I could just get the 3.5 bar TMap sensors. Okay, nevermind they are on order!!
I have pulled on those poor srt things. Oh, also those C7 things. I'm invincible ;)

Great car, great tune, there's gotta be more!

M335 08-16-2017 06:48 PM

Drottam do you have a CEL after you hooked up BCM? because I don't have any CEL with just jb4 no BCM.

Drottam 08-16-2017 06:48 PM

N20 3.5 TMap sensors are seriously being shipped...here Friday. From what I am told they will fit the current connector without adapters. It should be removed replace and connect. Then JB4 already has the ability it run these N20 sensors. Just need to set it up in user settings; N20 TMap = 1

Drottam 08-16-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M335 (Post )
Drottam do you have a CEL after you hooked up BCM? because I don't have any CEL with just jb4 no BCM.

I have CEL since updating the firmware to run the BCM. The CEL is due to MAP sensors being unplugged. The new firmware does not auto clear anymore.

Drottam 09-11-2017 09:45 AM

Tuning update
 
2 Attachment(s)
Received and installed the 3.5bar TMap sensors. It was straight forward remove and replace plug and play. The N20 tmap sensors are the same connector. I had to remove the braces and air intake to get to each sensor but only took 20 mins to install.

Anyway, I have been playing around and tweaking the tune. I am now always on map6 and have a few different configuration saved. I can run 20psi, 22psi, and 24psi.

20psi - can run with any 93 oct pump gas without a problem
22psi - must run 10 gallons 93 oct with 6 gallons e85
24psi - must run 10 gallons of the best 93 oct I can find with 6 gallons e85

The quality of fuel makes a difference for my car. I once had to fill with less than "premium" brand 93 oct and the car would go into limp mode on full throttle. I had to add octane booster just to run 20psi.

With the new TMap sensors the tune feels stronger. From what I can tell it helps to keep from cutting boost when it gets close to 20 psi. With e85 this car is a monster.

When I run at 22psi the car changes personality again becoming more aggressive. It's awd and I can still get the back end to push out if I don't keep it straight (traction control completely off of course).

At 24psi it feel similar as 22 but it's simply effortless power. On the run posted below it was drama free and pulling hard to it's limited to 130...for now.

I hope to get to the track soon...I want to validate all of this with numbers.

Mike_L 09-11-2017 10:47 AM

Limited to 130? You got it with all season tires? Most M-Sports came with the summer tires and the 155mph limiter.

Drottam 09-11-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_L (Post )
Limited to 130? You got it with all season tires? Most M-Sports came with the summer tires and the 155mph limiter.

Yes, she came with all seasons. Most of the 550i xdrives in and around my area had the all seasons. We get lots of snow here so I assume that is why. When I was looking I reviewed the build sheet and it shows "remove 155 increase". I just thought that if I changed to summer tires they would change it back. No deal though...my dealership says they cannot do it. I desperately want it removed so I may have to get the DME tune in the future...unless there is another way to remover the limiter?

Drottam 10-10-2017 06:01 PM

Track times
 
2 Attachment(s)
Today I was able to get to the 1/4 mile race track. Thanks to a buddy I was able to get to a track rental day with a small group of high end cars. It was a ďno-etĒ day but we still got time slips to see our runs. This allows us to run as fast as we can and not worry about getting kicked off the track.

Anyway, here is a list of runs and some info:

73 degree day, 93oct/e85 gas mix

Run 1 - 11.83 @ 118.48, using launch control
Run 2 - 11.66 @ 117.31, dsc fully off
Run 3-6 11.74-11.80 tuning and optimizing launch, dsc fully off
Run 7 - 11.67 @ 118.62, dsc off some wheel spin

The track closed after this run but I think if i shifted earlier to reduce iat may have helped pick up a tenth or so.

Overall I think if I run this car on cool night with a bit lower tire pressure I can beat that 11.55 Iíve seen posted. The heat soak was diggin in and I ran out of time to let it cool.

I think we will try to get out once more when itís cooler and go again. Then I may add more mods to cool off the charge. I really want to touch tens ;)

mark5 10-10-2017 09:44 PM

Nice! Interesting how low your AFRs are - I typically see around 12.8.

M335 10-11-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drottam (Post )
Today I was able to get to the 1/4 mile race track. Thanks to a buddy I was able to get to a track rental day with a small group of high end cars. It was a “no-et” day but we still got time slips to see our runs. This allows us to run as fast as we can and not worry about getting kicked off the track.

Anyway, here is a list of runs and some info:

73 degree day, 93oct/e85 gas mix

Run 1 - 11.83 @ 118.48, using launch control
Run 2 - 11.66 @ 117.31, dsc fully off
Run 3-6 11.74-11.80 tuning and optimizing launch, dsc fully off
Run 7 - 11.67 @ 118.62, dsc off some wheel spin

The track closed after this run but I think if i shifted earlier to reduce iat may have helped pick up a tenth or so.

Overall I think if I run this car on cool night with a bit lower tire pressure I can beat that 11.55 I’ve seen posted. The heat soak was diggin in and I ran out of time to let it cool.

I think we will try to get out once more when it’s cooler and go again. Then I may add more mods to cool off the charge. I really want to touch tens ;)

Wow great job buddy :clap:
Nice to see this platform progressing now we need a real air intake :rolleyes2
Can't wait to see what is going to be with stage 1 & 2 turbo upgrade:burnrubber: btw can you tell me what is the part # for 3.5 bar map sensors?

casterson 10-11-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drottam (Post )
Today I was able to get to the 1/4 mile race track. Thanks to a buddy I was able to get to a track rental day with a small group of high end cars. It was a ďno-etĒ day but we still got time slips to see our runs. This allows us to run as fast as we can and not worry about getting kicked off the track.

Anyway, here is a list of runs and some info:

73 degree day, 93oct/e85 gas mix

Run 1 - 11.83 @ 118.48, using launch control
Run 2 - 11.66 @ 117.31, dsc fully off
Run 3-6 11.74-11.80 tuning and optimizing launch, dsc fully off
Run 7 - 11.67 @ 118.62, dsc off some wheel spin

The track closed after this run but I think if i shifted earlier to reduce iat may have helped pick up a tenth or so.

Overall I think if I run this car on cool night with a bit lower tire pressure I can beat that 11.55 Iíve seen posted. The heat soak was diggin in and I ran out of time to let it cool.

I think we will try to get out once more when itís cooler and go again. Then I may add more mods to cool off the charge. I really want to touch tens ;)

11.66 is still great, although hitting 10 would be amazing

Drottam 10-11-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark5 (Post )
Nice! Interesting how low your AFRs are - I typically see around 12.8.

With boost that high I am happy to be there. Typically the higher the boost you want to keep rich to stay safe! These cars are great..the fact that Iím supplying somewhere around 700 hp and my fuel trims, hp pump and lp pump are still going stron is another testament to the potential of these.

Drottam 10-11-2017 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M335 (Post )
Wow great job buddy :clap:
Nice to see this platform progressing now we need a real air intake :rolleyes2
Can't wait to see what is going to be with stage 1 & 2 turbo upgrade:burnrubber: btw can you tell me what is the part # for 3.5 bar map sensors?

Thanks man...I agree that the cai will help. But really intercoolers would really do the trick at this level of boost.

The turbo upgrade is the ultimate, then we could run lower boost to get the same power! Iím gonna wait on these until I max out the factory turbos.

N20 3.5bar tmap 13627843531

M335 10-11-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drottam (Post )
Thanks man...I agree that the cai will help. But really intercoolers would really do the trick at this level of boost.

The turbo upgrade is the ultimate, then we could run lower boost to get the same power! I’m gonna wait on these until I max out the factory turbos.

N20 3.5bar tmap 13627843531

Or Meth injection for better cooling & extra fueling for future upgrade PS1 or PS2 turbos plus i think spraying meth is also help with cleaning valves from nasty carbon buildup because of the nature of Direct Injection system on our cars.
Just spent over $2k for material to build my own n63tu CAI & BCM with Meth injection stuff for 550i & 335i & now my wife wants a new bag from LV:lol

Drottam 10-12-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M335 (Post )
Or Meth injection for better cooling & extra fueling for future upgrade PS1 or PS2 turbos plus i think spraying meth is also help with cleaning valves from nasty carbon buildup because of the nature of Direct Injection system on our cars.
Just spent over $2k for material to build my own n63tu CAI & BCM with Meth injection stuff for 550i & 335i & now my wife wants a new bag from LV:lol

Methanol is exactly the next mod Iíll be doing. Thatís what I meant when I said mod to cool the charge. Youíre correct that it also cleans the valves! I think this paired with a trans tune and backend flash will get me close to breaking into 10s.

Thatís awesome youíre getting the MI...let me know how it goes. Iím eying the tank and kit from BMS. Had that in my cart for a few weeks lol...but there is no way Iím getting that without having to get my wife a LV too :lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Copyright © 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com