N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N54 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   XDF Progress (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32277)

Tmos 07-24-2015 03:47 AM

Good work Jake, donated! ;)

fryj00 07-24-2015 07:24 AM

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I get "Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)".

Any idea why?

-Bryan

tofu 07-24-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryj00 (Post )
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I get "Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)".

Any idea why?

-Bryan

Download the full zip, not the individual files

nyt 07-26-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyamona (Post )
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyt (Post )
Quick question,

Is it possible misfire detection for bank 2 is defined incorrectly for ije0s? Have it set to 1, but am still able to trigger misfire cyl 6 codes.

It is possible. I will add it to the list of things to double check on / fix.

Thank you!

Just a heads up on this, it's possible that the tables are swapped or that the ECU wants both set to disable misfire detection. I was only disabling misfire detection on bank 2. Once I enabled it on bank 1 as well, no more 6400rpm misfires on cyl 6. I wonder if the cas is picking up some noise from #6 or something, but that's another issue entirely.

fryj00 07-27-2015 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu (Post )
Download the full zip, not the individual files

Got it, sir. Thank you.

Levan-i 07-29-2015 05:36 AM

Hi Jake,

could you please add this error codes to the definitions?
these are for disabling behind *** O2s

2C7E at 5A184 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 1)
2C7F at 5A198 (AfterCat 02 sensor trim control, Bank 2)
2C6A at 58604 (lambda probe behind catalytic converter, muddled) (btw, not correctly described here http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/N54_codes.pdf)
2C9E at 59158 (Control heater sensor after *** bank1)
2C9F at 5916C (Control heater sensor after *** bank2)

Levan-i 08-07-2015 01:45 AM

Jake, any updates on this? :)

I can't wait for the table for gear ratio :)

VO_1M 08-08-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

If you have a 6MT, you can use the idle tables to raise you idle and get rid of the SMFW rattle that annoys everyone.

This is great! Thank you all for the work on this platform!

jyamona 08-19-2015 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a little update for you guys. I know this was requested awhile back, but I finally figured out what to look for and was able to find it: Kickdown Pedal tables for you AT guys =)

You won't have to worry about it anymore, and can get rid of the hardware solution!

It is two tables, a main Voltage which triggers kickdown, and a hysteresis voltage.

To eliminate kickdown, I would set the main voltage to 4.998V (max value, FF hex), and the hysteresis to 0.000V, that way it should never be reached.

I will submit this IJEOS finding to Martial so he can run his script to find in the other 3 ROM versions, then it will be published to the GitHub along w/ a few tweaks, fixes.

Here is a screenshot teaser:

omarmarji 08-19-2015 12:38 PM

hell yea ^^^^ will this be implemented into the backend flashes eventually?

jyamona 08-19-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omarmarji (Post )
hell yea ^^^^ will this be implemented into the backend flashes eventually?

Terry can implement it easily if he wants, it's just two values to change.

Spxxx 08-19-2015 01:04 PM

Bravo!

Terry @ BMS 08-19-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Terry can implement it easily if he wants, it's just two values to change.

Did you verify it works yet? The pedal outputs two voltages to the DME. One is half the value of the other. I don't know if the DME keeps separate tables for each but its easy to find out by adjusting the voltage up to say 5v and seeing what happens when you press the kick down. Don't think the hystereous matters.

jyamona 08-19-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Did you verify it works yet? The pedal outputs two voltages to the DME. One is half the value of the other. I don't know if the DME keeps separate tables for each but its easy to find out by adjusting the voltage up to say 5v and seeing what happens when you press the kick down. Don't think the hystereous matters.

I haven't personally verified, but per the logic, it is correct. There are two "filtered pedal values", channel one and channel 2. Also, channel two has more jitters, so only channel 1 is used to compare to the kickdown value.

Terry @ BMS 08-19-2015 01:23 PM

The second signal is exactly half the voltage of the first and used as a redundant check. But it's possible or even likely the kick down only uses the high voltage and that changing that table will block the kick down. Just worth a pro check before release IMHO in case something "bad" happens.

trebila 08-19-2015 01:42 PM

I'm so glad i've sent the MSD80 damos files and winols to Jake few months ago...
I'd not have been able to make such progress myself.

Can't wait the Direct Injection tables.

thanks again Jake for all your time involved in this project.:clap:

jyamona 08-19-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
The second signal is exactly half the voltage of the first and used as a redundant check. But it's possible or even likely the kick down only uses the high voltage and that changing that table will block the kick down. Just worth a pro check before release IMHO in case something "bad" happens.

You have an IJEOS AT car and want to test the two tables? Set main to 4.998V and Hysteresis to 0

Terry @ BMS 08-19-2015 03:02 PM

Sure I can test it out next time I load a flash on the car. Not sure why you'd change the hysteresis. Just moving the voltage to 4.8 or something should do if its the right table.

nyt 08-19-2015 03:18 PM

I'll test it if you want. Loading in some flash changes tomorrow most likely.

rsh_n54 08-20-2015 01:01 AM

May i ask, what happens if this is bypassed and you want to engage launch control?

I have/had a bms kickdown blocker on my car, and had to remove it because my launch control wouldnt engage with the hardware blocking the switch.... its a catch 22, do you prevent the annoying downshifts, or not be able to engage the launch control

KrS24 08-20-2015 11:08 PM

XDF

I guys, I can't open these XDF files.
I am getting a Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you.

infinity 08-21-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrS24 (Post )
I am getting a Unrecognized encoding (parser does not support UTF-8 language encodings)

Thank you.

try it

https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDF...ive/master.zip

:burnrubber:

bmsportzn135i 08-21-2015 02:33 AM

Quote:

Thank you.

Make sure you download the ZIP file, and then extract the files onto your pc.

jyamona 08-21-2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyt (Post )
I'll test it if you want. Loading in some flash changes tomorrow most likely.

PM me your email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsh_n54 (Post )
May i ask, what happens if this is bypassed and you want to engage launch control?

I have/had a bms kickdown blocker on my car, and had to remove it because my launch control wouldnt engage with the hardware blocking the switch.... its a catch 22, do you prevent the annoying downshifts, or not be able to engage the launch control

I would think launch control may still work. The physical kickdown blocker stops the pedal from traveling the extra distance. This table change just ups the voltage that triggers kickdown out of the way. Hopefully launch control logic uses a separate voltage trigger =) We will know quickly when someone tests.

Quote:

Thank you.

Yep, you need to download the full zip.

328ijunkie 08-21-2015 07:27 AM

I can test today if you lmk where it is in I8A0S...