N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lexus, Maserati, Alfa, Jeep, Diesel, McLaren, and other new applications (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   JB4 for Maserati Ghibli (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53912)

Dreday022 01-01-2020 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS (Post )
Looking strong here. You can add a couple more gallons of e54 blend.

Regarding the boost question in the email. ECU boost will vary depending on IAT, octane, etc. That is a dynamic function so it will only add boost based on the starting ECU boost requested.

Thanks for the response about the boost. My concern is more the jerking and upshift hesitation. Usually happens in 3rd going into 4th. Sometimes so bad I have to drop the throttle as car wonít upshift. Here my latest log. Map 2 91 octane 4 gallons of e85. Iím down to 3/4 of a tank at this point so the blend should be mixed well. If you notice at 221.0 my rpm drops even under full throttle and that seems to be right around the rpm range where the jerking happens.

Payam @ BMS 01-03-2020 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreday022 (Post )
Thanks for the response about the boost. My concern is more the jerking and upshift hesitation. Usually happens in 3rd going into 4th. Sometimes so bad I have to drop the throttle as car wonít upshift. Here my latest log. Map 2 91 octane 4 gallons of e85. Iím down to 3/4 of a tank at this point so the blend should be mixed well. If you notice at 221.0 my rpm drops even under full throttle and that seems to be right around the rpm range where the jerking happens.

Can you circle where you see this on the graph. I'm sorry I don't see exactly what you're talking about.

Dreday022 01-03-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Can you circle where you see this on the graph. I'm sorry I don't see exactly what you're talking about.

Canít really see it in the graph itís a very minor drop but you can definitely feel it. I saw it in the chart breakdown at time stamp 221.0. How does the graph look overall? Not really sure how to tell if it looks good or not.

Payam @ BMS 01-03-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Canít really see it in the graph itís a very minor drop but you can definitely feel it. I saw it in the chart breakdown at time stamp 221.0. How does the graph look overall? Not really sure how to tell if it looks good or not.

The graph and all parameters look really good, that's what's odd. I don't see any indication of that in the log :(

If it keeps occurring we can try and swap the unit out to see if that changes anything.

Brandontwalker 01-03-2020 05:05 PM

https://ibb.co/LCpmZXgThat time when you are completely dismissed by tech support... Does anyone else have issues with the JB4 interfering with the factory Bluetooth? With the JB4 disconnected, my factory Bluetooth works flawlessly. With the JB4 installed, factory Bluetooth works less than half the time.

C777 01-03-2020 05:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Logs are from my Dyno runs. Did two full Map0, 2 & 5 runs. Car was running 5gallons of e54 filled with 91 pump. Really disappointing HP gains.

Run 1
Map 0 351hp. 384tq
Map 2 364hp. 396tq
Map 5 377hp. 398tq

Run 2
Map 0. 361hp. 382tq
Map 2. 371hp. 391tq
Map 5. 379hp. 396tq

Nowhere near 75hp gains as described on the website. Not sure if 26hp gains is normal but that is very disappointing.

Terry @ BMS 01-03-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C777 (Post )
Logs are from my Dyno runs. Did two full Map0, 2 & 5 runs. Car was running 5gallons of e54 filled with 91 pump. Really disappointing HP gains.

Run 1
Map 0 351hp. 384tq
Map 2 364hp. 396tq
Map 5 377hp. 398tq

Run 2
Map 0. 361hp. 382tq
Map 2. 371hp. 391tq
Map 5. 379hp. 396tq

Nowhere near 75hp gains as described on the website. Not sure if 26hp gains is normal but that is very disappointing.

Less of a gain than I'd expect as the logs look OK. But peak numbers don't tell you the whole story. Photo of the dyno chart?

Terry @ BMS 01-03-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandontwalker (Post )
That time when you are completely dismissed by tech support... Does anyone else have issues with the JB4 interfering with the factory Bluetooth? With the JB4 disconnected, my factory Bluetooth works flawlessly. With the JB4 installed, factory Bluetooth works less than half the time.

Don't see how it would be related but JB4 mobile is 3rd party, they have a forum here for support: JB4 Mobile - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

C777 01-03-2020 10:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the photos of the dyno runs.

Terry @ BMS 01-04-2020 05:35 PM

It's definitely less than we've seen in our testing here. But we have some ideas to get power up. Will get back to work on Ghibli firmware in the coming weeks to get your tuned power up where it should be!

Payam @ BMS 01-06-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
It's definitely less than we've seen in our testing here. But we have some ideas to get power up. Will get back to work on Ghibli firmware in the coming weeks to get your tuned power up where it should be!

His car looks to be AWD so there is a more parasitic % loss due to the drivetrain.

It will not be apples to apples to our RWD dynojet numbers.

C777 01-06-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )

Any time line on the firmware updates mentioned. I was really expecting a much better HP gain. I'm going to get the car on another dyno to get a second opinion just incase it was a fluke or something.

Terry @ BMS 01-06-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Any time line on the firmware updates mentioned. I was really expecting a much better HP gain. I'm going to get the car on another dyno to get a second opinion just incase it was a fluke or something.

No but we're working on it. On the to-do list is to enable the JB4's fuel control wires too for the platform which should boost up power a bit as well.

MorganBence 01-06-2020 04:25 PM

Is there a certain amount of E85 that I should not go over? Can I run 100% on E85? Currently, I'm doing about 6 Gal E85 and the rest 91.

Mmarmolejo 01-06-2020 08:55 PM

2015 Maserati Ghibli Base

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the log on map 2 with 4 gallons of e-85 how does it look and can i go to the next step?

Terry @ BMS 01-06-2020 09:59 PM

You can run up to around 30%, this is OK but let's go up another 2 gallons.

Dreday022 01-10-2020 03:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

The graph and all parameters look really good, that's what's odd. I don't see any indication of that in the log :(

If it keeps occurring we can try and swap the unit out to see if that changes anything.

So car has been feeling better. Been pulling in manual and havenít been experiencing any hesitation. The upshift hesitation seems to only occur in automatic. Iíll do a few runs soon in auto and see if thatís still occurring but hereís a couple of my last pulls on map 2 91pump and 4g of e85. Would you advise staying at 4 gallons or moving to 5 or 6 gallons of e85 on my next fill?

Payam @ BMS 01-11-2020 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

So car has been feeling better. Been pulling in manual and havenít been experiencing any hesitation. The upshift hesitation seems to only occur in automatic. Iíll do a few runs soon in auto and see if thatís still occurring but hereís a couple of my last pulls on map 2 91pump and 4g of e85. Would you advise staying at 4 gallons or moving to 5 or 6 gallons of e85 on my next fill?

Glad to hear it's getting smoother, probably just needed some adapting which is common.

The logs are looking pretty strong. Looks like you can add a couple more gallons of e85, don't go more than 6gals to a full tank of 91 though. You can try the next map up with a higher concentration of e85 :)

C777 01-20-2020 07:36 PM

Any new info on a firmware update to address the hp issues? Really interested in getting much closer to the advertised horsepower gains.

Payam @ BMS 01-21-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Any new info on a firmware update to address the hp issues? Really interested in getting much closer to the advertised horsepower gains.

No updates, as of yet. We should have something hopefully by the end of the month.

C777 02-04-2020 02:40 PM

Just read a quick article about de-creasing plug gap to help the ignition system produce enough spark to keep up with e85 fuel and fuel mixtures. I know with my 2016 Q4 I've had a few mis-fires, especially if the car isn't fully warmed up and even beyond warm, I still have to be careful with acceleration and FOT shifts. Any thoughts from those smarter than I in the tuner world about de-creasing plug gap to help reduce misfires?

Payam @ BMS 02-04-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Just read a quick article about de-creasing plug gap to help the ignition system produce enough spark to keep up with e85 fuel and fuel mixtures. I know with my 2016 Q4 I've had a few mis-fires, especially if the car isn't fully warmed up and even beyond warm, I still have to be careful with acceleration and FOT shifts. Any thoughts from those smarter than I in the tuner world about de-creasing plug gap to help reduce misfires?

Yes, definitely! It's more common on the older higher mileage cars. Tighten the plug gap by maybe .002" - .004" from wherever it's at right now.

C777 02-11-2020 11:43 AM

Any status on firmware updates for the Ghibli?

Payam @ BMS 02-11-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Any status on firmware updates for the Ghibli?

Nothing worth posting yet. Maybe by the end of the month we'll have something up for you guys :)

Pbot 02-15-2020 05:14 PM

I share similar lack lustre gains as C777.
I used Dragy as recommended by Ando G who I was corresponding with over email from Burgertuning. 0-60 times were only improved by 0.5sec on Map 2 with no noticeable/appreciable difference in pull and/or lag on 91 octane in Canada.
My logs did technically show a slight increase in boost but I would have thought a 75hp and ftlb torque gain would physically be more noticeable. Is this tune meant more for a base Ghibli Q4?
I drive a 2017 SQ4 Nerissimo Edition.
Thanks