N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lexus, Maserati, Alfa, Jeep, Diesel, McLaren, and other new applications (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   2016 C7 Z06 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42698)

Terry @ BMS 10-04-2016 09:40 PM

Was able to sneak in a quick VBOX run on straight 91 octane... low 11s @ 130mph, 8.0 60-130 as recorded during the 1/4 mile run. This thing moves.

I'll up the octane later and pop the SD card in for some better numbers when schedule permits. Busy tuning up everyone for no fly zone and shift sector. :)

ERM5 10-05-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Was able to sneak in a quick VBOX run on straight 91 octane... low 11s @ 130mph, 8.0 60-130 as recorded during the 1/4 mile run. This thing moves.

I'll up the octane later and pop the SD card in for some better numbers when schedule permits. Busy tuning up everyone for no fly zone and shift sector. :)

The C7Z is a monster in stock form...you should be able to get that 60-130 down easily :burnrubber:

ltrain925 10-05-2016 11:37 AM

Terry,

How do you like the A8 compared to the DCT in the BMW, performance and fun factor? Btw GM just released a 100 octane tune flash that keeps factory warranty, gets flashed at dealerships.

135idct 10-05-2016 12:22 PM

just remove the tiny oem supercharger and install F1-X u will hit 1100 rwhp meth+pump gas 93 at 22 psi stock engine can handle it :burnrubber:

Mike_L 10-05-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 135idct (Post )
just remove the tiny oem supercharger and install F1-X u will hit 1100 rwhp meth+pump gas 93 at 22 psi stock engine can handle it :burnrubber:

Prochargers suck. Like Vortechs, they make numbers but no performance. If you're gonna be supercharged, positive displacement is the only way to go, twin screw is greatly preferred over roots. If you must have centrifugal, go turbo instead. Centrifugal is basically a belt driven turbo anyway, so why waste power spinning it when the exhaust can do it better with less losses?

Newguy123 10-05-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Was able to sneak in a quick VBOX run on straight 91 octane... low 11s @ 130mph, 8.0 60-130 as recorded during the 1/4 mile run. This thing moves.

I'll up the octane later and pop the SD card in for some better numbers when schedule permits. Busy tuning up everyone for no fly zone and shift sector. :)

:burnrubber: sounds like a 9 second car with minimal mods :clap:

Bimmer_Boost 10-05-2016 02:09 PM

I have seen one at the strip and Shift S3ctor. I don't know what all he had done but he was running a full cage, nitrous, and slicks. He was running low 10's in the 140's mph. I don't recall what he ran at Shift S3ctor though.

Terry @ BMS 10-05-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltrain925 (Post )
Terry,

How do you like the A8 compared to the DCT in the BMW, performance and fun factor? Btw GM just released a 100 octane tune flash that keeps factory warranty, gets flashed at dealerships.

The DCT is better from a roll.. But the A8 is much better from a launch as you can brake boost it. It's a stronger trans too. If we had the GM A8 in a 135 or 335 we'd probably have 9 second cars already.

Mike_L 10-05-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
If we had the GM A8 in a 135 or 335 we'd probably have 9 second cars already.

That might be possible. GM does sell a control unit for their trannys. So if you can have an adapter plate made and figure out how to get the BMW computer to interface with the GM controller........

Newguy123 10-05-2016 09:45 PM

Terry are they slightly de tuned from the factory for the first 1k miles or so?

FC4 10-06-2016 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_L (Post )
Prochargers suck. Like Vortechs, they make numbers but no performance. If you're gonna be supercharged, positive displacement is the only way to go, twin screw is greatly preferred over roots. If you must have centrifugal, go turbo instead. Centrifugal is basically a belt driven turbo anyway, so why waste power spinning it when the exhaust can do it better with less losses?

LOL...really?

https://www.facebook.com/71161054564...1793009622202/

Irishace 10-07-2016 06:17 PM

I must admit, I really like the new Z06. I think if I was to go American muscle though I would likley go with a Gen 5 Viper.

Terry @ BMS 10-07-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newguy123 (Post )
Terry are they slightly de tuned from the factory for the first 1k miles or so?

Don't know but don't think so.

Mike_L 10-07-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC4 (Post )

Haven't dealt with them since the 4th Gen F-Body's, but yeah, they were known as Dyno queens. Could make tons of power, but it didn't mean faster track times.

I bet if you used a Whipple or Kenne Bell or even a turbo, and made the same power, it would be quicker.

FC4 10-10-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_L (Post )
I bet if you used a Whipple or Kenne Bell or even a turbo, and made the same power, it would be quicker.

No. The fastest supercharged builds are all centrifugal. PD setups don't even come close.

Mike_L 10-10-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC4 (Post )
No. The fastest supercharged builds are all centrifugal. PD setups don't even come close.

Which makes zero sense because all the top fuelers run 14-71s, which are roots. There has to be some reason that the LT4 can't take full advantage of positive displacement. I'd also like to know the reason they choose to waste power spinning a centrifugal supercharger when a turbo does the same thing and doesn't cost you the parasitic losses.

Terry @ BMS 10-10-2016 04:52 PM

The displacement blower is a nice clean factory package with good tip in response. It's definitely not the best setup for performance though. It would be 3rd behind a centrifugal supercharger and turbocharger.

Russell @ BMS 10-13-2016 04:19 AM

Terry's gone over to the "Dark Side".:)
LOL

Bowser330 10-13-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeve13m (Post )
Ya curious why the jump to american muscle?

It's more like a jump BACK into american muscle....;)

Bimmer_Boost 10-13-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS (Post )
Terry's gone over to the "Dark Side".:)
LOL

:confused0068: Russell is back??? I haven't seen you on the forums in over a year. Welcome back man :drinking:

Russell @ BMS 10-13-2016 03:26 PM

Yes it has been some time. Glad to be back..... Thanks!

Terry @ BMS 10-13-2016 04:50 PM

Russell has Ando's orange M4 now so he's back in the game! :)

harry$ 10-13-2016 04:55 PM

What car is Ando left with then? has he also gone over to the "Dark Side"?

Ando @ BMS 10-14-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry$ (Post )
What car is Ando left with then? has he also gone over to the "Dark Side"?

Yes! I got married lol.

I have the Infiniti Q50t 3.0
New car hoping to develop stage 1 and intake.

Terry @ BMS 10-14-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry$ (Post )
What car is Ando left with then? has he also gone over to the "Dark Side"?

He got married and bought a house so downgraded his personal car to an Infiniti turbo for budgetary concerns. Now that he has some parking spots though he's also going to take one of our other development cars as a beater, maybe the 340i, or maybe the VW GTI.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com