N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Honda Civic, Accord 1.5L and 2.0L Turbo (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Getting a fault code (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62433)

CakeFladudle 06-24-2020 10:18 AM

Getting a fault code

Was on map 2 with all correct settings and gas and heard my car make a pop noise. A bunch of lights came on on the dash and my turbo wont spoil anymore. Anyone else have this happen?

2.0T accord

luisgfernandez 06-26-2020 06:43 AM

HI. IM NOT AN EXPERT BUT I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION SEVERAL MONTH AGO ,I DONT THINK THAT YOU BROKE THE TURBO SEEM LIHE YOU HAVE AN OVER BOOST ,YOU MUST INCREASE THE BOOST FAILSASE PSI IF YOU HAVE 22 INCREASE TO 24 THAT WAS THAT I DID AND I RESOLVE THIS SITUATION

Terry @ BMS 06-26-2020 10:33 AM

First I've heard of a turbo failure on the platform but running higher boost levels does increase risk, especially if there was a weak point from the factory.

Sure you didn't blow off a chargepipe? If a turbo fails you'll have tons of smoke out the exhaust usually.

CakeFladudle 07-08-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luisgfernandez (Post )
HI. IM NOT AN EXPERT BUT I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION SEVERAL MONTH AGO ,I DONT THINK THAT YOU BROKE THE TURBO SEEM LIHE YOU HAVE AN OVER BOOST ,YOU MUST INCREASE THE BOOST FAILSASE PSI IF YOU HAVE 22 INCREASE TO 24 THAT WAS THAT I DID AND I RESOLVE THIS SITUATION

Yeah the turbo still works but it happened again on map 2 on the highway. All the lights came on and i have the code 0234. How do i go about increasing the failsafe psi?

CakeFladudle 07-08-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
First I've heard of a turbo failure on the platform but running higher boost levels does increase risk, especially if there was a weak point from the factory.

Sure you didn't blow off a chargepipe? If a turbo fails you'll have tons of smoke out the exhaust usually.

Came to the conclusion from driving it that the turbo is working and the lights turns off that time. But it happened again on map 2 and im getting the code 0234. Do I need to change something in the setting to fix this problem? Or do you think its a mechanical issue with the wastegate?

Terry @ BMS 07-09-2020 05:18 PM

That fault is from boost being too high from the ECU perspective. Have a log of it coming up?

CakeFladudle 07-11-2020 11:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

That fault is from boost being too high from the ECU perspective. Have a log of it coming up?

The first one I was accidentally on map 7 when it happened so i can see why, but I was only on map 2 the second time.

Terry @ BMS 07-12-2020 08:44 PM

Would need the CSV not a photo

CakeFladudle 07-12-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Would need the CSV not a photo

Whats your email?

Terry @ BMS 07-13-2020 03:54 PM

terry@burgertuning.com or post the CSV here