N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Honda Civic, Accord 1.5L and 2.0L Turbo (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Accord 2.0 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59951)

DrCBASS 10-21-2019 12:52 PM

Accord 2.0

So just wanted to get some input. Iím new to Honda and even newer to Burger Tuning. Iím coming from Subaru vehicles and feel pretty confident when it comes to Cobb AP and the tuning they require. I definitely like the idea of JB4 piggyback vs a tuner for warranty sake.

I just want to make sure Iím correct in assuming that these piggybacks are not traceable whatsoever unless you just leave it on and take your car to the dealership?

Also, what kind of gains have 2.0T Accord owners been seeing? The dyno sheets Iíve seen on the site seem to be limited to the 1.5T vehicles. Just curious what I could expect if I pull the trigger on one of these.

Terry @ BMS 10-21-2019 04:49 PM

We've done tons of 2L Accord motors with great feedback, not sure if anyone has posted dynos here though.

In terms of tracing by nature of how it has to be to operate properly the JB4 doesn't leave a trace. That said you should pay for any damage you cause operating your vehicle in excess of the factory specifications.

Caestus75 10-21-2019 07:27 PM

The 2.0T Accord is the same exact engine as the Civic Type R. Obviously it is just de-tuned because of the automatic transmission.

DrCBASS 10-22-2019 04:29 AM

Thanks for the replies. I definitely agree with the “you break it you buy it” mentality. But it’s also nice knowing that the dealership will not be able to easily deny unrelated claims due to having a tune.

Has there been anyone report trouble with the transmissions due to the increased power/torque gains?

Terry @ BMS 10-22-2019 11:50 AM

I haven't heard of any trans issues cropping up.

Jonplavist 10-22-2019 07:26 PM

It
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caestus75 (Post )
The 2.0T Accord is the same exact engine as the Civic Type R. Obviously it is just de-tuned because of the automatic transmission.

This is not true, the block is the same Type R has specific pistons, crankshaft, fueling, oil pump, turbo and tuning. Similar to the B18c1 and B18c5 they were the same in theory but two different beasts in reality, although the block was shared.

Caestus75 10-24-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonplavist (Post )
It

This is not true, the block is the same Type R has specific pistons, crankshaft, fueling, oil pump, turbo and tuning. Similar to the B18c1 and B18c5 they were the same in theory but two different beasts in reality, although the block was shared.

Please read this article from Car and Driver:

A Tale of Two 2.0-Liters: Comparing the Turbo Four in Honda’s New Accord and the Civic Type R | News | Car and Driver

There are very subtle differences, yes, but they are the same engine.