N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infiniti Q50 Q60 VR30DDTT (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Infiniti Q50 3.0t VR30DDTT Red Sport and Silver Sport BMS Stage1 & JB4 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46774)

JCB 10-08-2020 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New2TheBoost - Maybe do a pull from a dig - zero to 80 or however fast you are comfortable and safe. Maybe the start of the pull is always going to be lower than the next gear after everything is humming. Here is a map 5 log of mine Zero to pretty fast. After the initial build under 4kRPM I hold pretty steady and average 15PSI over the rest of the run. Mine is totally stock 2018 Lux AWD - running 93 Octane Mobil gas.

New2TheBoost 10-08-2020 12:48 PM

Thanks Terry and others. I may try filling up with Mobil and/or adding some E85 and do another Map 5 run. Thanks for the suggestion JCB. I just want to make sure Im safe.

MidwestHooligan 10-16-2020 07:01 PM

Please check my map 6 log
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I logged a 3rd-4th gear pull as well as a pull to 60 from a standstill. Using a tapered map 6 with peak boost set to 6 psi. Can someone check my logs out please?

JCB 10-17-2020 09:06 AM

The zero to sixty log looks great. The highway pull looks a little strange to me...seemed like timing was dropping (ign1) but you shifted too early to make a determination. Then in 4th gear, the timing value stays exactly 6.5 for like 3 full seconds. I have never seen that before in any logs I have seen - it is usually constantly moving one way or the other. I would post another gear 3 log...take it to 6300RPM before shifting...then a few seconds in 4th gear if you can do it safely.

Terry @ BMS 10-17-2020 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwestHooligan (Post )
Hey guys, I logged a 3rd-4th gear pull as well as a pull to 60 from a standstill. Using a tapered map 6 with peak boost set to 6 psi. Can someone check my logs out please?

Use a dragy to see if you're better off letting it shift itself. 5200rpm is pretty early!

MidwestHooligan 10-17-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post )
The zero to sixty log looks great. The highway pull looks a little strange to me...seemed like timing was dropping (ign1) but you shifted too early to make a determination. Then in 4th gear, the timing value stays exactly 6.5 for like 3 full seconds. I have never seen that before in any logs I have seen - it is usually constantly moving one way or the other. I would post another gear 3 log...take it to 6300RPM before shifting...then a few seconds in 4th gear if you can do it safely.

That's what I was thinking too! I lowered the boost targets at the lower RPM range and my timing looks way better. I'll try to stay in gear a little longer and get another log.

MidwestHooligan 10-17-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Use a dragy to see if you're better off letting it shift itself. 5200rpm is pretty early!

Thanks Terry!

roshg 10-20-2020 07:51 PM

Do you guys know if there is any tips or tricks to build-up more boost at launch? I know all we can do is brake boosting and launching about 2000rpm, but how do we get as much possible boost at 2000rpm so we have a great takeoff? I'm awd so I'm not worried about traction.

JCB 10-21-2020 11:47 AM

I have not found any JB4 tricks to launch at higher boost. Brake boosting gets me to about 2 pounds of boost at launch. The EWG control wires make it feel like it is launching harder, but I don't see it in the logs right at launch - boost probably just builds quicker just after launch.

Addison650 10-21-2020 04:39 PM

Map 6 settings?
 
Does anyone have a good map 6 setting I can use? When I try map 4 I think I’m getting a small knock between 5500-6000rpm. I drive a 17 q50 premium 3.0t AWD. I have AMS lower down *****, BMS intakes, soon to be installed BMS heat exchanger, and I’m running shell 93 octane fuel. I’ve just been using map 1 until I figured something out.

JCB 10-22-2020 06:33 AM

Can you post a log? Everyone's going to be a bit different depending on conditions and fuel quality.

Addison650 10-22-2020 06:50 AM

Log
 
1 Attachment(s)
Heres my log for it

F2-B7-A050-1-EEF-4148-AFB4-8-CE4-DF214-B5-A — ImgBB

roshg 10-22-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post )
I have not found any JB4 tricks to launch at higher boost. Brake boosting gets me to about 2 pounds of boost at launch. The EWG control wires make it feel like it is launching harder, but I don't see it in the logs right at launch - boost probably just builds quicker just after launch.

2lbs is not bad! Mine doesn't seem to want to add more boost, whatever the jb4 is commanding, it still at ecu psi below 3000rpm mostly. I don't have the ewg wires yet, anybody dragy time their car with the ewg wire to find out if it actually makes the car faster that you know of?

JCB 10-22-2020 12:26 PM

Addison650 - I don't see anything in the log to suggest knock. Ign1 is where knock shows up and your log looks very healthy to me. Why do you think it is knocking? Are you hearing it in the cabin?

Addison650 10-22-2020 02:20 PM

I just realized that is my log for map 1. Ill have to do another run to get one for map 4 so you can see. And yes I could hear it very slightly.

Terry @ BMS 10-22-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post )
I have not found any JB4 tricks to launch at higher boost. Brake boosting gets me to about 2 pounds of boost at launch. The EWG control wires make it feel like it is launching harder, but I don't see it in the logs right at launch - boost probably just builds quicker just after launch.

RWD or AWD?

Addison650 10-22-2020 11:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post )
Addison650 - I don't see anything in the log to suggest knock. Ign1 is where knock shows up and your log looks very healthy to me. Why do you think it is knocking? Are you hearing it in the cabin?

Ok so here is my logs for map4. During my pull I got a check engine light for p0101 for my MAF sensor. But heres the logs for it

F70-C0-BB6-BBA4-4696-9057-C74102-AFDABD — ImgBB

Terry @ BMS 10-23-2020 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Addison650 (Post )
Ok so here is my logs for map4. During my pull I got a check engine light for p0101 for my MAF sensor. But heres the logs for it

F70-C0-BB6-BBA4-4696-9057-C74102-AFDABD — ImgBB

Seems OK to me.

Addison650 10-23-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Seems OK to me.

Awesome, thanks! Im new to all this tuning side of things. What should I keep my eye out for on ign1?

roshg 10-30-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addison650 (Post )
Awesome, thanks! Im new to all this tuning side of things. What should I keep my eye out for on ign1?

Be good to talk as there is no written guide or info about this. This reading tells you alot about how the car is handling the extra boost (including the AFRs). From what I've seen it will normally ranges between 5 to 10 on full boost, the higher the number the better. Any drops in the # by 3 (ie. 8 goes to 5) means there was a knock event and it pulled timing. If you see 0 it means that it had a major knock event and pulled back timing to the max.

Terry @ BMS 10-30-2020 01:52 PM

Logging for the platform is similar to the Kia: JB4 Logging Parameters - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Syeghyayan 11-01-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )

As soon as I connect jb4 car goes limp until I disconnect the. 100% normal disconnected but when I scan code it shows c1130 ecm failure? What should I do? WhT is my problem and my solution please of Nhbody hS experienced this please advise me thank youb

Terry @ BMS 11-01-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syeghyayan (Post )
As soon as I connect jb4 car goes limp until I disconnect the. 100% normal disconnected but when I scan code it shows c1130 ecm failure? What should I do? WhT is my problem and my solution please of Nhbody hS experienced this please advise me thank youb

Sounds like something is wrong with it or the install then. Email install photos to support@burgertuning.com

MidwestHooligan 11-01-2020 12:35 PM

Safe low RPM boost settings
 
Hey guys, hope nobody is too hungover from Halloween. I have been experimenting with the boost levels at lower RPMs with map 6, and am wondering what a safe level is. I noticed that the default map 1 setting requests 3.0 over stock at 1500 RPM, which is what my map 6 target is set to at the same RPM. In many people's map 6 settings, I see people are setting the target boost lower than the default map 1 at those low RPMs. My best guess is that people with the RWD models get a lot of wheelspin? I've never spun the wheels in my AWD, even when launching so just wondering why most people aren't running more boost down low.

Sleeper2017RSAWD 11-01-2020 01:10 PM

Hello all, newbie here! Just ordered JB4 for 2017 Q50 AWD RS. Can't wait! 100% stock (otherwise). 93% octane around here. My understanding is Map 1 = 4psi. Should I start with custom map at +3psi first?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com