N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infiniti Q50 Q60 VR30DDTT (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Infiniti Q50 3.0t VR30DDTT Red Sport and Silver Sport BMS Stage1 & JB4 (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46774)

nysbadmk8 07-24-2017 11:01 AM

I bought the stage 1 tuner In the salespersons office as I was buying my RS today... Cant wait to use it.

Also definitely would be interested in a Jb4 product, and those intakes. I'm not buying Stillens.

nysbadmk8 07-24-2017 03:28 PM

Just so you are aware.. one of your competitors is posting boost logs of your product on his car.. and painting the boost spike upon shifts in a negative light... here-

Ando @ BMS 07-24-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nysbadmk8 (Post )
Just so you are aware.. one of your competitors is posting boost logs of your product on his car.. and painting the boost spike upon shifts in a negative light... here-

Couple weeks back my friend told me to follow that page and I kept getting rejected. Then I saw who the admin is on that page :clap:

Terry @ BMS 07-24-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nysbadmk8 (Post )
Just so you are aware.. one of your competitors is posting boost logs of your product on his car.. and painting the boost spike upon shifts in a negative light... here-

Other tuners posting FUD about the new guy on the block goes with the territory. Don't worry, it's not our first rodeo. :) These guys are selling flash tunes that cost twice as much so no doubt they are going to find some angles to talk up. And in some ways there is a lot more you can do with flash tuning. It's just a much more invasive and irreversible proposition.

When talking about boost spikes you want to differentiate whether you're talking about manifold boost or pre-throttle body boost. As the throttle closes you're going to naturally have spiking registered before the throttle body that your engine never sees. Regardless boost is the one thing the Stage1 can datalog and its logged at a blistering 40hz. In our testing "spiking" on an unmodified car was no worse than stock and looks to me to be a non-issue. Also worth noting the manifold boost reference is unaltered with the Stage1 installed so any boost spiking is visible to the ECU allowing it to react accordingly.

Also removed the FB link from your post, don't need to give them free advertising here. :)

Mike_L 07-24-2017 04:01 PM

You'll find that companies talk bad about their competition because they can't find anything good to say about their own product. Those are the companies to avoid at all costs, because you know they're scumbags.

Jasonviper 07-24-2017 06:14 PM

Terry, I'm not sure if I'm noticing hesitation or something else. I'm running stock setting on my RS, it doesn't happen all the time it's subtle but the best way can describe it is it feels like when traction control kicks in killing throttle for a split second. Not sure if heat is a factor either, today is our 6th day in a row hitting triple digit heat. I'm using 93 octane Shell V-power btw.

nysbadmk8 07-24-2017 06:14 PM

Sorry, about the link. I wasnt trying to advertise them, just give you the opportunity to defend yourselves.

Sucks that the "admin" isnt confident enough to let you in.

Hammer663s 07-25-2017 09:05 AM

I got my Burger module yesterday and installed it into our 2017 3.0t Silver sport, totally stock, with 1500 miles on the clock.

Took maybe 15 minutes to install. I left the neg cable off the battery for maybe an hour just to make sure ECU was cleared. After I buttoned it all up I went out for a short evening drive. I left the unit at the default 3 PSI add. The car is noticeably and significantly faster now. I ran it up to 6k rpm through 4th gear a couple times and it really scoots. Even my wife noticed the difference.

Solid bang for the buck. When Berger releases their intake, I will likely pair that with the FI *** and resonated catback and call it good. The car will be plenty fast after those mild mods.

Mike

nysbadmk8 07-25-2017 09:13 AM

There is a thread on about it now

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nysbadmk8 (Post )
There is a thread on about it now

We're not allowed to post on other forums unless we sign up as vendors. For the foreseeable future we'll be posting exclusively on this forum. So, if anyone there has any questions on the product feel free to direct them to this thread. :) And you can always quote my replies over there if relevant.

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasonviper (Post )
Terry, I'm not sure if I'm noticing hesitation or something else. I'm running stock setting on my RS, it doesn't happen all the time it's subtle but the best way can describe it is it feels like when traction control kicks in killing throttle for a split second. Not sure if heat is a factor either, today is our 6th day in a row hitting triple digit heat. I'm using 93 octane Shell V-power btw.

Might be normal behavior or could be a sign of too much boost for the octane. We're limited to logging boost but grab a boost log on map1 default capturing the issue, and I can see if anything looks out of place. It might be a good data point to compare to +1psi and +2psi over stock, too. To see if it scales with boost.

nysbadmk8 07-25-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
We're not allowed to post on other forums unless we sign up as vendors. For the foreseeable future we'll be posting exclusively on this forum. So, if anyone there has any questions on the product feel free to direct them to this thread. :) And you can always quote my replies over there if relevant.

I can definitely relay a response for you, as I see its an unfair attack.

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nysbadmk8 (Post )
I can definitely relay a response for you, as I see its an unfair attack.

Thanks. My full reply in post 256 above will do.

I'd encourage everyone to take whatever they have to say about the Stage1 with a grain of salt and if you're in doubt try one for yourself. It literally goes on and off within one minute.

Just keep in mind this is how the "tuning game" works. Threatened competitors will post negative things about other products, get their "fanboy" customers to put up fake reviews and post bad results, etc. And since we're the new kids in this market we're an easy target. Fortunately for us we have a solid reputation within the BMW community and there may be some customer overlap there. And as our satisfied Q50 customer base grows you guys can push back where appropriate. :)

nysbadmk8 07-25-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Thanks. My full reply in post 256 above works.

Just keep in mind this is how the "tuning game" works. Threatened competitors will post negative things about other products, get their "fanboy" customers to put up fake reviews and post bad results, etc. And since we're the new kids in this market we're an easy target. Fortunately for us we have a solid reputation within the BMW community and there may be some customer overlap there.

I'd encourage everyone to take whatever they have to say about the Stage1 with a grain of salt and if you're in doubt try one for yourself. It literally goes on and off within one minute. :)

I bought one yesterday... I guess you guys are out of stock, as I got a email saying it'll be delayed today.

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 09:56 AM

Yes, ran out of stock over the weekend. Sorry about the delay. Demand is higher than expected. We have a batch of 125 that will be ready 8/10 or maybe a few days sooner. Pending orders will be shipped in the order received.

nysbadmk8 07-25-2017 10:15 AM

Sounds like a Jb4 is in order...

Rs400newbie 07-25-2017 11:03 AM

Can I do a jb1 online purchase but local pickup?

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rs400newbie (Post )
Can I do a jb1 online purchase but local pickup?

Nope, not for sale or use in California, until we get it CARB approved. Which we're working on.

Jasonviper 07-25-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Might be normal behavior or could be a sign of too much boost for the octane. We're limited to logging boost but grab a boost log on map1 default capturing the issue, and I can see if anything looks out of place. It might be a good data point to compare to +1psi and +2psi over stock, too. To see if it scales with boost.

Gotcha. I'll give it a shot. Im now wondering if it's traction control kicking in prior to slip light coming on. I drove to work today with tc off and everything ran perfect. Maybe the temps have an impact as it was obviously cooler in the morning.

jrobohm 07-25-2017 01:27 PM

Terry - Any issues with setting the Boost Safety to a number other than a whole number -(e.g. 6.5?)

donguason 07-25-2017 01:34 PM

Came just to ask a couple of questions about this product.

1) Can this be used with bolt ons (Lower **, Catback, Intake)?

2) Currently there are lower *** and Full ***, if can be used with ***, which are better?

3) Will the cars Eco mode nullify the JB1 so that everyday driving you are not running the EXTRA psi?

4) Its an extra 3 on red sports too right?

Ive heard good things about Burger, hope you guys keep the support up for the VR community. Also, you guys join the FB group yet? Dont gotta be a vendor there

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrobohm (Post )
Terry - Any issues with setting the Boost Safety to a number other than a whole number -(e.g. 6.5?)

None at all.

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donguason (Post )
Came just to ask a couple of questions about this product.

1) Can this be used with bolt ons (Lower **, Catback, Intake)?

2) Currently there are lower *** and Full ***, if can be used with ***, which are better?

3) Will the cars Eco mode nullify the JB1 so that everyday driving you are not running the EXTRA psi?

4) Its an extra 3 on red sports too right?

Ive heard good things about Burger, hope you guys keep the support up for the VR community. Also, you guys join the FB group yet? Dont gotta be a vendor there

1) We have not evaluated the Stage1 with exhaust modifications so I can't say with any certainty how well they will work together. With heavy bolt on modifications a custom flash tune is probably your best bet though. Using the Stage1 in that situation just to add a little more boost to your flash map at the track when on higher octane, etc.

2) We have no advice to offer you on that.

3) Boost is added as a function of how far you press the gas pedal down, and the factory modes simply dampen the gas pedal to boost ratios further. So all modes continue to work as normal. In eco mode you're going to go slowly unless you really mash the pedal down even with the Stage1 added.

4) That is what we suggest for most situations.

5) Thanks for the invite but at this time not really interested in another facebook page to have to monitor and respond to. Those who are interested in communicating with us, know where to find us. :)

ekpogi 07-25-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_L (Post )
The curve should be the same, the numbers won't be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
You want to pick a gear that allows proper load but not so high that wheel speed hits your speed limiter. We used 4th gear for our testing. SpecialtyZ uses 4th for all of their Q50 tuning as well.

yep, i totally understand this part. Just trying to give a rationale about a Red Sport would still pull ahead of the regular Sport given everything is set equal, e.g. boost, etc.

On a side note, i've also seen that post from a competitor against the jb1. That's a lame attack. I've been looking for a perfect tune/tuner for the most part of the year now but haven't decided yet. I tried not to focus on any negative reviews/feedback but in my opinion that particular post from the 'other party' in FB and q50 forum actually substantiate certain negative reviews about them. To me, it tells me more about that person(s) who posted it than the targeted subject.

Terry @ BMS 07-25-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekpogi (Post )
yep, i totally understand this part. Just trying to give a rationale about a Red Sport would still pull ahead of the regular Sport given everything is set equal, e.g. boost, etc.

Beyond that I'm sure the RS has other advantages beyond just the factory tuning that may help it during back to back races. Still, can't deny the value of the SS.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com