JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   N55 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   F Chassis N55 JB4 (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18588)

Terry @ BMS 02-15-2013 01:10 PM

We've done a few local installs. Will probably start non-local BETA in a couple weeks.

Terry @ BMS 02-27-2013 09:57 AM

OK we're ready for a few alpha testers. :)

spideypm 02-27-2013 11:27 AM

I would love to help and be one of the first ones to have the upgrade!

pnosker 02-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
OK we're ready for a few alpha testers. :)

How do I sign up?

mikew2069 02-27-2013 04:42 PM

I have a stage 1 ordered but I'd like to test

NavyWizard 02-27-2013 10:55 PM

I would like to be a test subject:happy

Terry @ BMS 02-28-2013 08:39 AM

See upgrade directions in the first post.

mikew2069 03-02-2013 07:01 AM

I just ordered the stage 2 upgrade :happy

I'm curious what the difference will be w/ the different Maps.

Map 0 - Stock?
Map 1 - +3psi boost, timing, etc
Map 2 - boost, timing, etc?

spideypm 03-02-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikew2069 (Post )
I just ordered the stage 2 upgrade :happy

I'm curious what the difference will be w/ the different Maps.

Map 0 - Stock?
Map 1 - +3psi boost, timing, etc
Map 2 - boost, timing, etc?

Nice~~~~ How did you order it? Did you email Terry? Or is there a link you can do so?

mikew2069 03-02-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spideypm (Post )
Nice~~~~ How did you order it? Did you email Terry? Or is there a link you can do so?

Yea I just emailed him and he confirmed some of the options on my car and the harness I currently have, etc.

Terry @ BMS 03-04-2013 11:49 AM

Added a BETA upgrade kit guide to the first post. Be sure to specify "has add on wires" or "needs add on wires" when ordering.

mikew2069 03-04-2013 05:21 PM

What's the .hex file thats posted used for?

NICKTENN 03-04-2013 05:38 PM

Thats the firmware file for the juice box.

Kalem 03-05-2013 12:38 AM

Hi Terry,

I have stage 1 installed in my 520i, will stage 2 work with 520i or just 528i? Will there be different setting or maps for 520i?

Thanks,

Terry @ BMS 03-05-2013 10:20 AM

We have not done any JB4 320 and 520 testing/tuning yet. But will be in the coming months.

spideypm 03-06-2013 07:36 AM

Hi Terry,

Can you please make an instructional video to show the steps to upgrade from S1 to S2? Tks!!!!

mikew2069 03-07-2013 05:52 AM

I upgraded my S1 to S2 last night and it is MUCH easier than it sounds. Once you have everything in front of you, it's pretty easy. The only scary part was tapping into the CAN wires. The instructions talk about a yellow wire and there are two of them so I'm hoping I got the right one. All in all it took 30-45 min and that was taking my time.

Bad news is I turned my personal laptop on after install and my laptop wont boot up. I'm going to have to take it somewhere to get serviced today.

Terry, is the S2 upgrade defaulted to Map1? I'm curious what I'm going to feel on my drive in to work today.

spideypm 03-11-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikew2069 (Post )
I upgraded my S1 to S2 last night and it is MUCH easier than it sounds. Once you have everything in front of you, it's pretty easy. The only scary part was tapping into the CAN wires. The instructions talk about a yellow wire and there are two of them so I'm hoping I got the right one. All in all it took 30-45 min and that was taking my time.

Bad news is I turned my personal laptop on after install and my laptop wont boot up. I'm going to have to take it somewhere to get serviced today.

Terry, is the S2 upgrade defaulted to Map1? I'm curious what I'm going to feel on my drive in to work today.


Hello, could anyone be nice enough to post a video of the upgrade? I just got my stage 2 upgrade kit and have no idea how to proceed..... Tks!!

Terry @ BMS 03-11-2013 09:36 PM

Just follow the install PDF in the first post.

spideypm 03-11-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Just follow the install PDF in the first post.

Sorry Terry, I tried....... I'm not very good with mechanics.... Could you show me with pics where I can find the CAN wires? I saw the connection instruction.... There's seems to be a sharp needle inside the connector, but connecting onto the CAN wires, does it puncture the cover the make connection that way or do I have to peel the cover?

spideypm 03-11-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spideypm (Post )
Sorry Terry, I tried....... I'm not very good with mechanics.... Could you show me with pics where I can find the CAN wires? I saw the connection instruction.... There's seems to be a sharp needle inside the connector, but connecting onto the CAN wires, does it puncture the cover the make connection that way or do I have to peel the cover?

Sorry Terry, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt.... Buying totally do not understand pt. 7 of the instruction as well...

spideypm 03-12-2013 06:23 AM

Hi Terry,

Got it done with some help from an electrician..... Guess i'm not so stupid after all....... the CAN wires were a bit confusing as I counted 3 yellow wires and 2 black/blue wires... I followed the picture you posted and connect the ones in the corresponding pin positions as your photo was showing.... Just got my Meisterschaft exhaust at the same day. Can't wait to run it with ******** and turn on map 2!!!

JB335I 03-12-2013 01:27 PM

any timeframe for a MT version?

J-boogey 03-16-2013 11:54 AM

with stage 2 installed, can the tune still be detected if its off if you bring it in to the dealer? Will the car be able to get scanned?

Terry @ BMS 03-16-2013 12:03 PM

Set to map 0 before going in.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com