JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kia & Hyundai Turbo (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Stinger 3.3TT log check (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63814)

808 11-11-2020 08:36 AM

Stinger 3.3TT log check

2 Attachment(s)
Hi!

Here is a Stinger 3.3tt awd map2 first gear pull, which ended up stalling around 5.5 - 5.6k rpm. I mean the car just stopped pulling, no fault codes nothing. Released gas and it was back to normal. Would greatly appreciate if you guys could check the log attached. Car doesn't always do this and I managed to replicate this issue few times today. Seems like this issue presents itself only when I wot from low rpms, like 2.5-3.5k rpm, or if I wot from standstill. I also attached map2 second gear pull to check if there would be anything worth pointing out, no issues with this pull.

I couldnt reproduce this problem with map1 or map0, atleast not yet.

Mods: HKS plugs, K&N CAI, ARK catback
Got the latest stable firmware installed

Cheers!

AWDGT2 11-11-2020 09:20 AM

I can see trims not dropping, and the first log the HPFP crashed, both caused the throttle to close. The evidence is there, I just don't know why it's doing it. I can speculate and guess but that wouldn't do you any good.

AWDGT2 11-20-2020 08:27 AM

Just a follow up, are you using E-85?

Terry @ BMS 11-20-2020 10:03 AM

Have some longer runs to better analyze it?

808 11-22-2020 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWDGT2 (Post )
Just a follow up, are you using E-85?

Nope, only Shell V-power 98+ RON.

808 11-22-2020 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Have some longer runs to better analyze it?

Sure thing, I will post new log when I got chance to make longer wot run.
btw, I've been using map1 lately with zero issues so far

808 11-22-2020 07:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Allrighty, so today I had a chance to make some runs with map2, log attached.
Car pulled smoothly and didn't notice anything unusual.
Yesterday I did double check all the connections related to JB4 tho. Maybe there was an issue, fuel wires perhaps? Don't know, but everything went fine today.

AWDGT2 11-22-2020 08:46 AM

The logs look good, no hpfp crashes. I'd run it.

Terry @ BMS 11-22-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808 (Post )
Allrighty, so today I had a chance to make some runs with map2, log attached.
Car pulled smoothly and didn't notice anything unusual.
Yesterday I did double check all the connections related to JB4 tho. Maybe there was an issue, fuel wires perhaps? Don't know, but everything went fine today.

Boost is a bit lower than I'd expect but fuel pressure seems fine.

Rebeka 12-09-2020 03:30 PM

I love this car but as a tall person I hate the fact that I can't get all the GT1/2 bells and whistles without a god damn sunroof, the same as every single other luxury sedan. I want to buy this car but I want headroom mobdro... my only options for performance, nicer interior, and good stereo / safety features seems to be a CT4/CT5 and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I own an evo x with ridiculous headroom and looking kodi to upgrade my interior for similar speed, but alas the search goes on. think of the tall people car manufacturers, don't force that garbage on me. My only choices from bmw/audi/merc/volvo are SUVs or CUVs that force a sunroof but also have more headroom