JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3 VAG Group (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50428)

TheBtrend 03-15-2019 06:04 AM

Your best bet is to make sure the spacer works. Depending on your inspection, you can tune it out all you want but if its an emission inspection like in my state, any tune that deletes it, or clearing before hand will show as a non ready.

audio vicious 03-15-2019 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBtrend (Post )
Your best bet is to make sure the spacer works. Depending on your inspection, you can tune it out all you want but if its an emission inspection like in my state, any tune that deletes it, or clearing before hand will show as a non ready.

Yeah, it's an emissions inspection. I figured my best bet would be to ensure the spacer works. I see so many tales of so many people having to fiddle with it all the time though. Seems like it can be a hassle, but once you get it, it should be good.

One thing I'm aware of is, a ******** without a tune adds minimal gains, and I don't plan on going the flash tune route for awhile, I still have 3~ years/40k miles of power train warranty. If I weren't running a JB4, I wouldn't be considering it. Does the JB4 make good use of it? Without a tune it's minimal, with a tune it's required. Where does the JB4 fall in?

The one I've been eyeing is on sale for a few more days and I'm trying to weigh if it's a mod that'd be useful without a flash tune and only the JB4 or if I'd be better off just waiting until I go flash tune. I love my GTI and the power the JB4 adds, if I can squeeze some more out of it, great, if the JB4 doesn't utilize an aftermarket ******** any better than the stock one, I'm fine with my current setup.

Thanks to anyone who wants to help me make mod related financial decisions! :burnrubber:

TheBtrend 03-15-2019 01:33 PM

George, any ETA for the newest firmware?

moser7 03-17-2019 01:28 PM

Ive installed today the 8-4 FW, coming from 7-4.
The Car feels weak and the shifting was not like it should be.
The whole Powertrain feels wobbling.
I downgraded on the gas station at the Autobahn to 7-4 and all was good like before the Update.
I checked the Settings on my Map6 before and after the FW Update. Nothing changed on the numbers and settings.
I do not have a logfile, but the 8-4 is not working proper on my Cupra 300.
But thank you for let the older FW online, so a downgrade is so easy like an upgrade.


Best regards,
Benjamin

dgraham1284 03-18-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moser7 (Post )
Ive installed today the 8-4 FW, coming from 7-4.
The Car feels weak and the shifting was not like it should be.
The whole Powertrain feels wobbling.
I downgraded on the gas station at the Autobahn to 7-4 and all was good like before the Update.
I checked the Settings on my Map6 before and after the FW Update. Nothing changed on the numbers and settings.
I do not have a logfile, but the 8-4 is not working proper on my Cupra 300.
But thank you for let the older FW online, so a downgrade is so easy like an upgrade.


Best regards,
Benjamin


Agreed, driving a B9 2017 A4 premium plus. 7-4 has been much much better. No more buck at the end of a hard pull. Logs seem much more stable. Was throwing P0200 codes on map 2 with 8-4. Hasn't returned on similar pulls on 7-4. Thanks for posting.

Nora2004 03-18-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgraham1284 (Post )
Agreed, driving a B9 2017 A4 premium plus. 7-4 has been much much better. No more buck at the end of a hard pull. Logs seem much more stable. Was throwing P0200 codes on map 2 with 8-4. Hasn't returned on similar pulls on 7-4. Thanks for posting.

Haha, interestingly I had loads of issues with 7-4, lowering boost in 1st gear caused the car to buck about and my fuelling was dropping to ungodly rich for 3-400rpm then way over compensating to scary lean for the next 1000rpm making it feel hesitant, 8-4 cured all of this! Lol

dgraham1284 03-18-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nora2004 (Post )
Haha, interestingly I had loads of issues with 7-4, lowering boost in 1st gear caused the car to buck about and my fuelling was dropping to ungodly rich for 3-400rpm then way over compensating to scary lean for the next 1000rpm making it feel hesitant, 8-4 cured all of this! Lol

Interesting the stark difference. Pulled a healthy 4.3 0-60. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I will definitely keep an eye on the logs, as always when pushing the limit. My car really doesn't like E30 either. Even with RS3 plugs/coils, DV+ and 034 turbo muffler delete.

moser7 03-20-2019 01:58 PM

@George @ BMS:
Is the last stable Version the 6b? The newer ones are still Betas?
Why is the newest one not working proper for a cupra 300?

Best regards
Benjamin

Nora2004 03-20-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moser7 (Post )
@George @ BMS:
Is the last stable Version the 6b? The newer ones are still Betas?
Why is the newest one not working for a cupra 300?

Best regards
Benjamin

JB4_VW_8_4 is the latest, working spot on here on my Cupra 300!

George @ BMS 03-22-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moser7 (Post )
@George @ BMS:
Is the last stable Version the 6b? The newer ones are still Betas?
Why is the newest one not working proper for a cupra 300?

Best regards
Benjamin

Not sure. We evaluating what is happening. Some guys swear by the 7 Test 4 and others with the newer version. We busy evaluating all the changes now so we can move forward with a version that has more maps etc.

TheBtrend 03-23-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Not sure. We evaluating what is happening. Some guys swear by the 7 Test 4 and others with the newer version. We busy evaluating all the changes now so we can move forward with a version that has more maps etc.

Ah I see I see. Glad you havent forgotten about us. Lol. I have had no issues with the newest firm ware. I also found things running smoother with the ecu update from the dealership.

moser7 03-23-2019 12:05 PM

Yesterday i switched back to 6b. Very Smooth, strong low end, but not so aggressive at the top End like the 7-4. 7-4 is not so smooth while shifting.

I‘ll wait for a new „not Beta“ FW.

Benjamin

moser7 03-24-2019 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
Not sure. We evaluating what is happening. Some guys swear by the 7 Test 4 and others with the newer version. We busy evaluating all the changes now so we can move forward with a version that has more maps etc.

Hi @ George @ BMS:
News about maximum PSI on a Stock Cupra 300? (IS38)
I only have a DSG Software-Tune, a APR Inlet and a Gvb+. ?
Is 23PSI in the mid rpms from 4000 - 5000 the Maximum?
And with what would you go from 5000 up?
I‘m only using Roz98 or 100.
I attach my current map6, but meanwhile i went from 17psi to 18 at 2500 and Fol is set to 48
What do you think?

Benjamin

George @ BMS 03-25-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moser7 (Post )
Hi @ George @ BMS:
News about maximum PSI on a Stock Cupra 300? (IS38)
I only have a DSG Software-Tune, a APR Inlet and a Gvb+. ?
Is 23PSI in the mid rpms from 4000 - 5000 the Maximum?
And with what would you go from 5000 up?
Im only using Roz98 or 100.
I attach my current map6, but meanwhile i went from 17psi to 18 at 2500 and Fol is set to 48
What do you think?

Benjamin

The way its charted looks good for 98. Best bet though is to shoot over a log to see how its doing.

blackout1231 03-25-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
Latest VW JB4 firmware attached.

JB4_VW_8_4

1) Adjusted boost by gear sensitivity so it won't engage under lower throttle positions.

VW_JB4_OBDII_8_T3

1) Boost control per gear capability of lower than ECU/Flash target
2) Boost target can now be set lower than ECU/Flash target

VW_JB4_OBDII_7_TEST4

1) Part throttle changes for smoother power delivery
2) Map 4 to valet map
3) Webasto and other auto warm systems triggering alarm resolved

VW_JB4_OBDII_6B:

1) Revised fuel mapping for improved drivability and performance.

Which do we flash? I tried flashing "VW_JB4_OBDII_6B" and the JB4 app was not displaying RPMs and boost correctly. I then noticed when I tried going WOT my car was hesitating, I ended up flashing an older firmware I had saved.

Thoughts?

George @ BMS 03-25-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackout1231 (Post )
Which do we flash? I tried flashing "VW_JB4_OBDII_6B" and the JB4 app was not displaying RPMs and boost correctly. I then noticed when I tried going WOT my car was hesitating, I ended up flashing an older firmware I had saved.

Thoughts?

On the GLI when doing the update go to Future use D value and make it 1 for the OBD to be active. Try the 6b and see what it does. You will need to lock the car for a bit for that to take affect.

blackout1231 03-25-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
On the GLI when doing the update go to Future use D value and make it 1 for the OBD to be active. Try the 6b and see what it does. You will need to lock the car for a bit for that to take affect.

Gotcha, thanks I will give it a go!

Joohny16 04-02-2019 02:27 PM

I have the version 2.3.8 and I had the code P03212 this morning
Does anyone know what it means ?

George @ BMS 04-02-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joohny16 (Post )
I have the version 2.3.8 and I had the code P03212 this morning
Does anyone know what it means ?

There is a issue with the fault reading on the latest version of the app. Should be resolved soon.

andrew626 04-03-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George @ BMS (Post )
There is a issue with the fault reading on the latest version of the app. Should be resolved soon.

wating for the new firmware :clap:
Soon please :happy

Joohny16 04-04-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew626 (Post )
wating for the new firmware :clap:
Soon please :happy

Do you have same code ?

A-ARONGC 04-05-2019 03:59 PM

New JB4 Install completed on 2014 Passat 1.8 tsi
 
Since Burger Motorsports just shipped the unit out to me just a few days ago, does it already contain the latest firmware, or should I find the latest on here and try to update it?

Also, on my jb4 mobile app I currently have it set at map 2. I currently have a K&N drop in filter and cts down pipe. Running 93 octane. Should I go ahead and set it on map 6 or run a few logs on the current map?
Anyone know what map 7 and 8 are for?
Also, is the autotune map out yet?

Thanks, and sorry for the newb questions.
Much love.
:drinking:

FeldiSan 04-06-2019 04:59 AM

Hi,

The latest versions work well with my Golf R with 102 Octane. The 8-4 has a strange Power Level ,wenn i Pull at 3500. I feal the Power is low, than came the gearswitch and the next Gear come with full Power.

Any Ideas waht is this?

Best regards from Germany

George @ BMS 04-06-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-ARONGC (Post )
Since Burger Motorsports just shipped the unit out to me just a few days ago, does it already contain the latest firmware, or should I find the latest on here and try to update it?

Also, on my jb4 mobile app I currently have it set at map 2. I currently have a K&N drop in filter and cts down pipe. Running 93 octane. Should I go ahead and set it on map 6 or run a few logs on the current map?
Anyone know what map 7 and 8 are for?
Also, is the autotune map out yet?

Thanks, and sorry for the newb questions.
Much love.
:drinking:

No need to update it. Run logs in map 2 and email them over to me george@burgertuning.com . Autotune is not active. Map 7 is super aggressive and shouldnt be used. It is there from some testing we did.

George @ BMS 04-06-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeldiSan (Post )
Hi,

The latest versions work well with my Golf R with 102 Octane. The 8-4 has a strange Power Level ,wenn i Pull at 3500. I feal the Power is low, than came the gearswitch and the next Gear come with full Power.

Any Ideas waht is this?

Best regards from Germany

Does it do this with all maps. Try roll it back to the TEST4 version we have posted and see if it still the same.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com