N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   VW/Audi Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   JB4 for Gen3B 2.0T VAG Group (https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55309)

George @ BMS 10-02-2018 08:22 AM

JB4 for Gen3B 2.0T VAG Group

1 Attachment(s)
Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

We'll use this thread for our upcoming JB4 suitable for 2.0 Gen3B powered cars updates, map guides, firmware, and discussion!

The engine in these cars can be easily identified by the MAF sensor on the intake system circled below:

https://i.postimg.cc/hP6CbBgj/Gen3_Bmafsensor.png

Compatible cars:

Audi A3 2.0T 184hp
Audi A4 2.0T 190hp
Audi A5 2.0T 190hp
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0T 180hp
Seat Ateca 20T 190hp
VW Aerton 2.0T 190hp
VW Tiguan 2.0T North American
VW T-Roc N1 2.0T 184hp
VW Passat 2.0T North American 174hp
VW Polo GTI 2.0T 200hp

We are currently sending out test units for general feedback. You can email me at George@burgertuning.com for further information.

Install Guide here: Follow this guide for now and skip the AFR install as we are not using the feature on the Gen3B.http://www.burgertuning.com/instruct...B4_install.pdf

Optional map changing, datalogging and updates are done using the BMS data cable or JB4 Mobile REV3 bluetooth kit.

JB4 Mobile Smart Phone wireless connection directions click here: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742
BMS data cable hard wired directions and software click here: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showp...21&postcount=1

Pre-Release map guide:

Map0: Stock tuning, disable JB4
Map1: 3psi peak over stock
Map2: 4si peak over stock
Map3: 5psi peak over stock (93AKI or 98Ron recommended)
Map4: Stock tuning, JB4 logging fully active

Firmware updates:

Firmware is what the software that runs the JB4 is called. We keep improving on our units by adding more features etc over time.

To upload new firmware to the unit with the Windows interface connect to the JB4 with engine off but key on. Go to File then Upload firmware and select the firmware from the location you have downloaded it. If the upload fails then try again unit it takes. Its important the data cable is secured to the JB4 circuit board.
Instructions on how to load it on the app can be found here, be sure to come to this thread when selecting the firmware: http://jb4connectkit.com/store/index...ormation_id=10

Firmware update to 26/2//5

1. Battery drain issue with OBD wire fixed
2. Small mapping changes

George @ BMS 10-02-2018 08:24 AM

In our own stable we have both a US Tiguan as well as a Polo GTI 200hp
Had the Polo GTI on the dyno for some preliminary map testing. Gains seemed to be good on map 3 but the car has heat soak issues with the smaller front mount intercooler.

After some cooling car made decent power in map 3. The turbo is a IS20 so there is more range for power and much more torque using map 6 when coupled with cooling mods.

https://i.postimg.cc/kD3TCQTS/Pologti.jpg

Wolfs9 10-08-2018 03:49 PM

Really looking forward to this !
A4 B9 2.0T Fwd gen3b 190hp.
Any update on gains ?
Should there be any heat soak issue with this model ?
It has a lager intercooler than the polo no ?
Grtz from Belgium !

George @ BMS 10-09-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfs9 (Post )
Really looking forward to this !
A4 B9 2.0T Fwd gen3b 190hp.
Any update on gains ?
Should there be any heat soak issue with this model ?
It has a lager intercooler than the polo no ?
Grtz from Belgium !

Intercooler is large by the looks of things. A user local to me is fitting one next week some time so will get lots of data on the A4.

Wolfs9 10-11-2018 02:19 AM

Looking forward to good news !

George @ BMS 10-11-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Looking forward to good news !

We most likely going to put these on our retail site next week.

Wolfs9 10-24-2018 04:38 PM

No updates on this ?

George @ BMS 10-24-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

No updates on this ?

We got quite a few testers out and so far so good. At this stage we evaluating the MAF signal and seeing if we can make any improvements by connecting to that.

Tedmond 10-28-2018 05:57 PM

George, are you still looking for testers ?

George @ BMS 10-29-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedmond (Post )
George, are you still looking for testers ?

Yes if you are US based, drop me a email to George@burgertuning.com .

Wolfs9 10-31-2018 04:27 PM

No news here ?

George @ BMS 10-31-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

No news here ?

We got around 30 testers now and still evaluating . So far so good.

HoTnFunkYGTI 11-08-2018 01:39 PM

Quite an accomplishment getting a Polo GTI in the US how did you go about that??
Ordered just before April and only just been built Nov. :-S

Do you Think you Will have produktion units Ready by Christmas? Incl. EU...

Would be tempted to get my selv a Christmas pressent :-D

Any plans to offer an intercooler upgrade for the polo or other of the cars that run hot???
Or are there already compatible products on the market??

George @ BMS 11-08-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoTnFunkYGTI (Post )
Quite an accomplishment getting a Polo GTI in the US how did you go about that??
Ordered just before April and only just been built Nov. :-S

Do you Think you Will have produktion units Ready by Christmas? Incl. EU...

Would be tempted to get my selv a Christmas pressent :-D

Any plans to offer an intercooler upgrade for the polo or other of the cars that run hot???
Or are there already compatible products on the market??

Part of our VAG group development gets done in South Africa where I am based. We managed to grab a ex press car albiet at a slight premium.
The unit will be ready before then and we expect release this month.
We will look at coolers for US models like the Passat but for the Polo the market is to small for us. Wagner is developing a cooler and normally Firge follows suite.

Wolfs9 11-10-2018 12:01 PM

Any idea when the unit shall be ready ?
Do you know if there Will be a air intake for this engine on A4 ?

Wolfs9 11-22-2018 02:00 PM

?

George @ BMS 11-22-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

?

We should have them up by Tuesday/Wednesday.

LukeHawk 11-25-2018 10:30 AM

Hey George,

I'm quite keen on the JB4 for my Audi.
Ive got a 2016 190HP A4 B9 2.0TFSI. So I guess this option would be suitable for me? I used a JB4 on my previous BMW F30, and was very impressed,

I'm also based in South Africa. Do you have a rough idea of local pricing? Also happy to be a tester.

George @ BMS 11-26-2018 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeHawk (Post )
Hey George,

I'm quite keen on the JB4 for my Audi.
Ive got a 2016 190HP A4 B9 2.0TFSI. So I guess this option would be suitable for me? I used a JB4 on my previous BMW F30, and was very impressed,

I'm also based in South Africa. Do you have a rough idea of local pricing? Also happy to be a tester.

Yes, its compatible to your A4.

We adding these to our site this week. For a local price contact a dealer local to you. The pricing is the same as the usual VW JB4 so it should cost the same.

blitz869 11-29-2018 10:16 AM

Hey George,

Good to see the JB4 finally drop for group 8. The info provided is pretty limited 35hp & 45 Torque for map 1. What type of power will it make on map 3 with 93 octane? Specifically for the North American Tiguan making 184 hp / 220 torque.

George @ BMS 11-29-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz869 (Post )
Hey George,

Good to see the JB4 finally drop for group 8. The info provided is pretty limited 35hp & 45 Torque for map 1. What type of power will it make on map 3 with 93 octane? Specifically for the North American Tiguan making 184 hp / 220 torque.

Map 2 should be 45hp over.

In map 3 we getting mixed results as some cars after a few pulls start hesitating. We have tested virtually everything to try solve it and I am now waiting for a few after market spark plugs to see if its caused by blow out. The turbo has around 60hp in it easily but we cannot tap into that yet.

toda 12-02-2018 03:52 PM

Can any beta tester share some review with the 18 Tiguan?
Looking to get a 18 Tiguan but the only thing holding me back is the power.

Tedmond 12-03-2018 01:28 PM

power is lacking, but its not terrible if you drive it in sport. I have the JB4 tuner on the way, so once it's installed in conjunction with the pedal tuner I'll report back.

toda 12-04-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedmond (Post )
power is lacking, but its not terrible if you drive it in sport. I have the JB4 tuner on the way, so once it's installed in conjunction with the pedal tuner I'll report back.

Looking forward to your feedback.:)

RLinePassat18 12-06-2018 08:11 PM

Hi George any luck getting your hands on different plugs yet? Thanks!