JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mazda 2.5 Turbo (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   JB4 for Mazda 2.5L Turbo (https://www.jb4tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63938)

saiy1412 06-20-2022 10:37 AM

2.5 Turbo efficiency

Installed the JB4 on my CX-50, everything works flawlessly.

I have a couple questions on this platforms turbo if anyone can give me more infor to tune my map6. On my Q50 TT, there was information available on the max PSI and also turbo efficiency at certain RPM/PSI. I couldn't find any of that info for the Mazda engine.

Currently my Ign1 is still at 5 at 5k RPM, so I think I'll have some room to increased boost at those rpm.

Thank you in advance.

cx5-sleeper 06-20-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS (Post )
You can just go to map2 out of the box for 93 octane.

For the BETA systems we're also going to ship with options bit7 on for Linear Gas Pedal input. The CX models more or less require it or they get boost oscillation at mid throttle positions. The Mazda3 models though can disable if they want to make the gas pedal feel "more aggressive".

Terry will the CX-5 still get boost oscillation if bit 7 is disabled?

Installed the corksport boost tube and noticed a little boost surging. Looked at my settings and linear pedal bit 7 was disabled.

Didn’t think the boost tube would really change that much, but wondering if I should do an ECU reset or if it will just adapt over the next few days?

Also for fueling I’ve been adding 2-3 gal of e85 to target approx e28 when I can. But have been topping off with PNW92 when I can’t get e85, so my fuel is going from e28 down to PNW92. Is that going to mess with my trims and should I just stick with PNW92 with no e85 if I can’t get e85 consistently?

AH557 06-20-2022 12:35 PM

Hi,
Today I noticed I hit 26.3 psi max boost briefly on map 2.
Is that safe with the stock setup? I also happen to be running 30% E85, only other mod I have installed is the borla axle back.

Terry @ BMS 06-20-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AH557 (Post )
Hi,
Today I noticed I hit 26.3 psi max boost briefly on map 2.
Is that safe with the stock setup? I also happen to be running 30% E85, only other mod I have installed is the borla axle back.

Could be normal, just depends on the details/log and what the factory boost target was at that moment.

Terry @ BMS 06-20-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper (Post )
Terry will the CX-5 still get boost oscillation if bit 7 is disabled?

Installed the corksport boost tube and noticed a little boost surging. Looked at my settings and linear pedal bit 7 was disabled.

Didnít think the boost tube would really change that much, but wondering if I should do an ECU reset or if it will just adapt over the next few days?

Also for fueling Iíve been adding 2-3 gal of e85 to target approx e28 when I can. But have been topping off with PNW92 when I canít get e85, so my fuel is going from e28 down to PNW92. Is that going to mess with my trims and should I just stick with PNW92 with no e85 if I canít get e85 consistently?

Since we've added MAF control revisions in v4 the pedal mapping has not been needed to smooth them out at part throttle. But you can always email me a log if you're having an issue and I'll review.

The tuning is very sensitive to MAF flow and intake design we've found.

cx5-sleeper 06-20-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Since we've added MAF control revisions in v4 the pedal mapping has not been needed to smooth them out at part throttle. But you can always email me a log if you're having an issue and I'll review.

The tuning is very sensitive to MAF flow and intake design we've found.

Cool, thx. Did a road trip this weekend with map 2 and bit 7 disabled and it performed great.

Turki 06-21-2022 11:31 AM

Hi, is the v5 firmware suitable for mazda 6? I updated to v5, i dont think maf temp works on ign6 channel since it shows 10.9, for IAT_temp it shows higher temps than trans temp with about 35F difference, (IAT_Temp was 150F while Trans temp was 115F). Shouldn't post intercooler temp be lower than pre intercooler? Btw ambient temp is 108F, at night.

tymwalk 06-21-2022 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turki (Post )
Hi, is the v5 firmware suitable for mazda 6? I updated to v5, i dont think maf temp works on ign6 channel since it shows 10.9, for IAT_temp it shows higher temps than trans temp with about 35F difference, (IAT_Temp was 150F while Trans temp was 115F). Shouldn't post intercooler temp be lower than pre intercooler? Btw ambient temp is 108F, at night.

There is no pre intercooler temp for the Mazda 6. Remember how the jb4 is different for the 6 than the 3. So ign 6 is MAF but needs to be multiplied by 10. It is scaled that way because it expects a timing value. The trans temp is post intercooler and the iat is the manifold. Follow your map connections

Terry @ BMS 06-21-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turki (Post )

The values on the 6 may be different, post up a log and lets check it out.

Terry @ BMS 06-21-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper (Post )
Cool, thx. Did a road trip this weekend with map 2 and bit 7 disabled and it performed great.

:drinking:

Turki 06-22-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

The values on the 6 may be different, post up a log and lets check it out.

Sorry for the late response, logs sent to ur Email.

Slojedi 06-23-2022 03:09 PM

JB4 P3 MAZDA 5.hex

1 Attachment(s)
Works great!

tymwalk 06-24-2022 08:23 AM

Water methanol Injection

2 Attachment(s)
Enjoying the minor benefits of water methanol injection being controlled by the JB4 on my 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo

-Lower intake manifold temperatures
-Constant fuel trims
-Lower ign 2 values

The IAT is the intake manifold and the Transmission Temp is the post intercooler temperature.

9520G 06-25-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymwalk (Post )
Enjoying the minor benefits of water methanol injection being controlled by the JB4 on my 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo

-Lower intake manifold temperatures
-Constant fuel trims
-Lower ign 2 values

The IAT is the intake manifold and the Transmission Temp is the post intercooler temperature.

Seems like you should be working for BMS, did you piece tidget a kit and where are you running the reservoir?

tymwalk 06-25-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9520G (Post )
Seems like you should be working for BMS, did you piece tidget a kit and where are you running the reservoir?

You can check out the build here. WMI - JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion

Slow3 06-30-2022 05:11 PM

So the new firmware (v5) is only for testing?

davidjohn34 07-01-2022 02:33 AM

Your website is really cool and perfect. I am researching and always following your articles. Thank you for sharing this article.

Terry @ BMS 07-04-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow3 (Post )
So the new firmware (v5) is only for testing?

There are no tuning changes in it, only logging changes. Anyone is welcome to try it. We're hoping TEMP_IAT (intake temperature) is correctly mapped to charge air temperature post intercooler now with the change.

Ride2survive 07-07-2022 07:36 AM

CEL with Mazda CX-30

Hi guys I ve just recently installed the jb4 on my cx-30 but I'm getting a cel
I'm updated to firmware 4 through the PC software.
I've installed correctly and if I switch everything back to stock cel goes away obviously.
I am running a BMS stage 2 CAI, a borla axleback and resonator delete if any of that info helps at all.
I am getting a code while engine on
061BC6 no description found.
I've double checked and triple checked all connections and everything is solid

Terry @ BMS 07-07-2022 08:32 AM

Sounds like a MAF fault code so place the MAF connection to factory and clear codes to confirm. Then email me install photos and we can start technical support. terry@burgertuning.com

Terry @ BMS 07-07-2022 09:45 AM

Removed BETA designation from the Mazda JB4 tuners as the v4 mapping has been really solid. :drinking:

9520G 07-07-2022 10:54 AM

Hey Terry, just to give it you a heads up a few people on the Mazda 3 turbo Facebook page have been complaining that they have had no updates on there intake orders.

Terry @ BMS 07-07-2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9520G (Post )
Hey Terry, just to give it you a heads up a few people on the Mazda 3 turbo Facebook page have been complaining that they have had no updates on there intake orders.

Yeah there have been some delays in getting hard parts out due to labor shortages. I know that team is working as fast as they can to get caught up on production.

There are around 80 pending intake orders, and we have a batch of 250 due in a couple of weeks. So we'll find caught up soon enough!

Terry @ BMS 07-07-2022 09:16 PM

Now that its out of BETA for all you happy Mazda JB4 customers out there we could use a few reviews on our site. Add a review is at the bottom. ;)

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb4-tuner-for-mazda

Havok 07-07-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Now that its out of BETA for all you happy Mazda JB4 customers out there we could use a few reviews on our site. Add a review is at the bottom. ;)

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb4-tuner-for-mazda

Done. And with that, do you have anything else in the dev pipe for the our Mazda's? I know you wont give any details... Maybe blink twice if yes?